Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today

Link to Hickey video on the Finsiders, he goes a little more in depth on the team, his vision...

[video]http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Dennis_Hickey_Describes_His_Vision_For_The_Fins/4a14e882-9de6-4b41-99e7-49080cbb8874[/video]

From the sounds of it, he's all about physical football. Hopefully that will be the case, enough of this finesse b.s.

Let's welcome our new GM! Sorry I had to.....
6ype2a4a-1.jpg

No. No you didn't. I don't get the comparison anyway.

Looks like we'll be going back to power football. Hickey and Lazor are on the same page, but is Philbin?

That's part of the job description.

WHERE? PROOF?

a gm spends VERY LITTLE TIME in front of cameras. the head coach is a bit different, they are on tv every 5 minutes and have to give inspiring speeches at times.

but then, we have bill billichek. toastmaster poster boy.

you are REALLY, REALLY digging for hickey dirt.

Looks like we'll be going back to power football

power run game is an ESSENTIAL part of the TRUE WCO. look at all the great rb's the 49ers had and the holmgren packers and the denny green vikings.

people get to infatuated with the wco's passing. yes, its a feature, but the wco was built for the run game and pass game to work off of each other. the passing portion is smartly designed for efficiency that also includes lots of TE and passes to the rb's. but a lot of the off beat wco deciples [like sherman] pass-pass-PASS!! and it creates points and excitement, but doesnt always bring championships.

i prefer the pure bill walsh style wco. and i remember philbin saying something when he was hired when asked about what the offense would be, if he was going to stick with the wco.

his reply was something like,"the wco is many things now, unlike how it was created. we will use some elements of differernt things. but my background is wco which i learned from some of its earliest teachers."

so take what you will from that. and sherman is the pass at all costs guy. of course, the philbin hate club puts it squarely on him, but sherman has always done this. and mike sherman is a close friend and mentor. kinda hard for joe to say, "ya know, your thing isnt working for us right now, lets run more"........ . maybe he should have. maybe he did and sherman did his own thing anyway. which may be why there wasnt much friction from joe when the axe fell on sherman.

you all really didnt believe that philbin almost quit over the sherman firing rumor, right?

LOL, He is nervous as hell. Articulately nervous haha! He did fine. I like his energy. Id say watching him let a player go would be hilarious.

Well umm, my job umm, As you know uhh uhhh is ummm to Umm let players achieve new locations umm at another organization. umm So umm this is your opportunity to umm work for uhh someone else besides this Not only good organization uhh but Legendary organization. Umm so uh you should be in great shape uh when you land another job.

Thank you for ummm your recent contributions and Congratulations on being ummm let go to quest new endeavors.

Really though... I think he is a cool dude.. I like that he doesn't have that ****ty chip on his shoulder that Jeff had. Ireland wreaked of arrogance. Needs his nostrils busted for screwing up this team..

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly have grown to be a little excited for this pairing of people, even despite their flaws and media-bashed images, their labels of mediocrity on their foreheads.

If everyone works together, the blame game that has been going on for the past 6 years will finally end, and the staff can finally start taking responsibility for themselves instead of skating by on other's getting hosed.

You can say I'm a typical Fin homer that loves mediocrity, but I, and all of us for that matter, need a break from a dysfunctional FO.

[video=youtube;cOIlH90ZBss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=cOIlH90ZBss[/video]

Back
Top Bottom