Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody have a link to the press conference that is supposed to be at 4Pm today

Well he was with the team for 18 years. I'm sure that's a tough habit to break.

Anyway, while I'm not happy with the hiring process, I sincerely hope that Dennis Hickey does a great job and we stumbled into a good hire.

Against All Odds: The Story of the 2014 Miami Dolphins

Would love to see how some of you would do with public speaking in front of many reporters and cameras.

I thought he was fine. He is a bit exciteable, thats all. I thought he talked well considering what he is dealing with.

I do see a rookie in him but he is defenitely not going to be the boss in the room. I think Joe has this thing all under control.

I would also love to hear Philbin speak, however this is not his press conference. This is the GM introduction press conference, this is not about Joe today. Philbin will have plenty of press conferences going forward, today was Hickey's day.

Joe's watching film with his Lazor gun. Hickey will be joining them at some point soon I hope.

Against All Odds: The Story of the 2014 Miami Dolphins

Before the entire hiring process started, I said that the only reason for optimism for the 2014 Miami Dolphins is the quarterback. If you feel Ryan Tannehill is a bust, then I really feel for you, because you have to be pretty down on this football team. And I don't blame you. I see a defense that can't stop the run and is one injury away from being unable to stop the pass. I see a team that can't run the ball, doesn't have a seam threat, and can't pass block worth a ****. I honestly think that with Matt Moore as our starter we might not even win 5 games with this team as it is.

But if you see it differently and think the QB is part of the problem? Yeah, there is nothing to like right here.

I'm a believer, so I'm holding out hope that Hickey can get the OL to respectability. I'm actually warming up to Lazor quite a bit after digging up those videos of his offense at UVa. If it's true that Turner's on his way out and our guy from the Texans is going to take over the OL, I might actually be optimistic that we can be better rather than worse (I predicted worse before) in 2014.

Before the entire hiring process started, I said that the only reason for optimism for the 2014 Miami Dolphins is the quarterback. If you feel Ryan Tannehill is a bust, then I really feel for you, because you have to be pretty down on this football team. And I don't blame you. I see a defense that can't stop the run and is one injury away from being unable to stop the pass. I see a team that can't run the ball, doesn't have a seam threat, and can't pass block worth a ****. I honestly think that with Matt Moore as our starter we might not even win 5 games with this team as it is.

But if you see it differently and think the QB is part of the problem? Yeah, there is nothing to like right here.

I'm a believer, so I'm holding out hope that Hickey can get the OL to respectability. I'm actually warming up to Lazor quite a bit after digging up those videos of his offense at UVa. If it's true that Turner's on his way out and our guy from the Texans is going to take over the OL, I might actually be optimistic that we can be better rather than worse (I predicted worse before) in 2014.

I am actually a Tannehill believer. I just have no faith in the guys running the show. The only thing that really gives me any hope is the Lazor hire. If he can work his magic on Tannehill and the O, I do think its possible for this team to make the playoffs. My gripes lie more with the success of the team down the road, as I don't feel like we have the leadership in place to have sustained success. I think with this current leadership, no matter how good Tannehill becomes, tops at the 2nd round of the playoffs. I could see Tannehill's career ending up a lot like Phillip Rivers, who was also stuck in a situation where he constantly had poor leadership at the top of his orgnanization after Schotty left.

One that is an awful analogy with Tannehill and Wallace. Two, if Ross is selling the idea that Philbin and Hickey have chemistry, don't wisk Philbin away out the side door with Aponte. It makes no sense.

Hayden, chill dude. just chill. besides, Martin the snake is on tv tommorrow. You have to prepare my man.

For leadership positions, public speaking skills are a good measure of success. It's very rare that you find someone who is successful in a leadership role who isn't comfortable and skilled in public speaking. Of course, that really means more for a coach than a GM when it comes to a football team, but it's still an important indicator for a GM. Hickey wasn't flat out awful like Ross, but you could tell he wasn't all that comfortable in the role. The GM is typically one of the "voices" of an organization, and when that voice is shaky it usually isn't a good sign.

When I was a kid, Joe Thomas and Bobby Beathard were fantastic speakers. I assumed it was a natural part of the job and everyone who had the role for the Dolphins would be charismatic and articulate.

It can't be understated how it helps with the media. Sportswriters and reporters greatly respect someone who provides good quotes and appears to be comfortable doing it. It's like buying 5-10% or higher positive spin toward the franchise. Conversely, when the reporters sense someone who is trying to make it difficult for them, they feel free to question every move and generally take the negative spin. There's residue to the fan base as a whole. I really don't think Ross has any clue about that.

Public speaking is not difficult, certainly not as challenging as many have tried to paint in this thread. It's actually bizarre that the Dolphins have gone this long with so many inept public speakers in high positions.

One that is an awful analogy with Tannehill and Wallace. Two, if Ross is selling the idea that Philbin and Hickey have chemistry, don't wisk Philbin away out the side door with Aponte. It makes no sense.
I'm not surprised you think it's an awful analogy, given that you think Philbin should be speaking at Hickey's press conference.

I used to own Comedy Clubs in S. Fla. and when you up on stage with 200 pairs of eyes looking at you it isn't the easiest or most relaxing thing to do. I saw the presser and I thought he came accross as an honest, hard working genuinely bright and likeable guy. I think Ross knew what he wanted in the structure and despite getting hammered and laughed at he stuck to the formula he wanted. I give him credit for that and I like the hire and the team unity approach. Totally unlike Ireland, we have a humble, decent guy with a personality. I'm rooting that it all translates to a team we can be proud of when they take the field. I'm tired of Dolphin games ruining my Sundays. I want wins and I want them this coming season. I'm excited about Lazor as well.

I used to own Comedy Clubs in S. Fla. and when you up on stage with 200 pairs of eyes looking at you it isn't the easiest or most relaxing thing to do. I saw the presser and I thought he came accross as an honest, hard working genuinely bright and likeable guy. I think Ross knew what he wanted in the structure and despite getting hammered and laughed at he stuck to the formula he wanted. I give him credit for that and I like the hire and the team unity approach. Totally unlike Ireland, we have a humble, decent guy with a personality. I'm rooting that it all translates to a team we can be proud of when they take the field. I'm tired of Dolphin games ruining my Sundays. I want wins and I want them this coming season. I'm excited about Lazor as well.

#1 fear of Americans is public speaking. #2 is death. No joke.

I've never understood that. My first ever job involved getting up in front of large groups of people and talking to them for hours at a time, and it was certainly not a mortal fear of mine. Some folks are just wired differently, I guess.

Let's welcome our new GM! Sorry I had to.....
6ype2a4a-1.jpg

Now Hickey is a retard? How low can you guys go? Goodness.

Anyone have a link to the press conference? I can't seem to find it on md.com, just a video of Senior Bowl highlights.

It is bull that Joe did not take questions. Hickey and Joe should have been arm and arm all day. They are so stupid.

Are you Mike McCoy's son? Holy **** this is getting to be a bit funny now.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I found absolutely nothing wrong with the way he spoke.....some of you really go to lengths to criticize others. Some of you must be perfect in your own little worlds.

I saw it earlier too. I didn't see anything weird in the press conference. A lot of rhetoric but what press conference isn't?

If people dislike something or someone they will find faults in it/them even if it isn't really there.

Back
Top Bottom