Anybody here anything from DD28 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody here anything from DD28

cnc66 said:
that is generally not discussed, I missed a bunch of work and am still paying for it.
Marty I think you miss understood my post, I was referring to a layoff from Finheaven, and taking care of his family and other matters that are more important then us at this current time in his life.

cnc66 said:
that is generally not discussed, I missed a bunch of work and am still paying for it.
I am sorry that you had to go through a tough layoff, hopefully life will get better for you too.

Best of luck to all of our FinFan brothers and sisters in the La. and Mississippi area.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Marty I think you miss understood my post, I was referring to a layoff from Finheaven, and taking care of his family and other matters that are more important then us at this current time in his life.

I did misunderstand, AND I answered your pm before I saw this, sorry for the confusion...it's a blonde thing :goof:

I read the whole thread and that wasa sad story about the man losing his son to the tides even if he shouldn't have been there. I could not imagine with my son. We had a lowly category 2 here in Nova Scotia 2 years ago (Juan)and were really knocked for a loop. I was just noticing today a chunk of forest laying sideways on my ay home from the beach (surfing residual Katrina waves). Whenever I go surf the cane waves I always think about the people who are directly in the storm down south. I hope as many people as possible come out ok. I readon the net that at one point 18 000 cars per hour were evacuating N.O.

Anyway, good thread. Nice caring everyone!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I am glad that Brother DD28 listen to us, and got out when he could. I read on the internet that they are evacuating all of New Orleans. Hopefully DD28 house doesn't have too much damage. Hey AJ or any mods reading this, do you have a list of the fellow brotherin or sisterin in the New Orleans area that may have been affected? I would like to see if you have a list or if DD is the only one, can we start up a collection, if assistance is needed for our fellow Dolphin fans here on the website? If we can do it, count me in!:beerbang:

Great idea Fin Fan in Cali! If they can provide a list then count me in as well. I was also relieved when I saw DD28 post during Saturdays game from, I am guessing Alabama. Great to hear he got out of there. However I feel for all those people that didn't manage to get out of Katrina's path. My thought's and prayers are still with all those that were affected in any way by this storm. Very tragic.

My thoughts and prayers go out to dd28 and anyone else on this site living in n. gulf coast. It is so saddening to see everybody losing everything they own.

BlitPhinFan said:
Great idea Fin Fan in Cali! If they can provide a list then count me in as well. I was also relieved when I saw DD28 post during Saturdays game from, I am guessing Alabama. Great to hear he got out of there. However I feel for all those people that didn't manage to get out of Katrina's path. My thought's and prayers are still with all those that were affected in any way by this storm. Very tragic.
Thanks Bro. Anything I can do to help here from Cali for my fellow Dolphin fan, and my fellow americans!:)

FinsAreLife said:
i was wondering the same thing, and its good to hear that he got away

Thats good 2 hear I was gonna PM him but my power was out at the time.

cnc66 said:
this is a good point. (maybe so they could loot afterwards?) Part of me feels Gawdawful for these folks that got caught, or the dad that had his child pulled out of his arms by storm surge. Another part kinda shakes my head at the Darwinian process. I remember Jim Cantore looking around and saying " if this was Florida it would be a ghost town" refering to how many folks had not left with the storm but hours away. That being said I live 30 feet from Indian River and I wanted to stay and watch the storms thrash the river last year SOOO bad I almost became one of those who did not listen.(truth, if they had been fully in daylight I might have) As it happened I did not spend 20 mins inside for Jeanne, Francis drug on forever. I wore my Miami Dolphin slicker and found places in the lee to watch ...and taste. Just before the eye of Jeanne arrived the air became salty enough to sting our eyes two miles inland. I did get to witness a clear sky and a full moon in the eye of a hurricane, the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. Our County government made it abundently clear they would risk no rescue people to save those who did not listen. They made some stubborn azzes fill out next of kin documents. If ever I hit six numbers I will chase some.

did you ever stop and think that some of these people were maybe stuck there to wait it out. If you aint got no loot and aint got no transportation what the hell do you do? I'm sure there were alot of people that may have got stuck where they were by circumstances. Now some have died because of there circumstances. You should stop and think before you open your pie hole...... :fire:

Back
Top Bottom