Anybody know the status of......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody know the status of.........

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
He was having an absolutely killer pre-season 2022 for The Fins when he went down. If he comes back in form we have a stud to go with the many pieces Defensive Coordinator Fangio has to work with. It will be a very interesting season for the Fins on both sides of the ball with the questions surrounding QB1's health, which when healthy has a more than formidable offense to play with and a stifling defense this could be a magical run the likes of the Heat and Panthers are having......Oh yeah btw I am referring to Trill Williams.........:pbj:

Hope he can make full ACL recovery and compete at a deep position.

With Needham likely to start on the PUP his return to form would be welcomed.

He was having an absolutely killer pre-season 2022 for The Fins when he went down. If he comes back in form we have a stud to go with the many pieces Defensive Coordinator Fangio has to work with. It will be a very interesting season for the Fins on both sides of the ball with the questions surrounding QB1's health, which when healthy has a more than formidable offense to play with and a stifling defense this could be a magical run the likes of the Heat and Panthers are having......Oh yeah btw I am referring to Trill Williams.........:pbj:

Trill, by everything I’ve seen, is itching to get back on the field.

Edit: He’s also signed with Miami through the end of the year.

I'd take him over Crossen, Bethel, Iggy and Ellis at this point. We'll see how it shakes out.
I dont know about Bethel bro
Dudes a great specials performer, and when called into defensive snaps provided great coverage, made some key breakups and caused a turnover. He is an older guy, but those are important guys to have on roster.

We already have 2 guys who are young and developmental pieces in Smith and Kohou. I don't see or quite understand this allegiance to Trill, never played a snap, was out entirety of last season and was an udfa to begin with. Yes he has great size and length but is a tweener corner/safety. I don't see him cracking the top 10 DBs on this current iteration of our DB room:
CB-Ramsey, X, Smith, Kohou, NN, Bethel
S-Holland, Jones, Elliot, NcKinley, Campbell

I wish the guy well but he better excel at specials to even have a remote chance over Bethel or Crossen. Bethel is a vet who showed he can play, Crossen is a specials guy with elite speed, doesn't understand how to cover, Iggy and Ellis are camp cuts.

I dont know about Bethel bro
Dudes a great specials performer, and when called into defensive snaps provided great coverage, made some key breakups and caused a turnover. He is an older guy, but those are important guys to have on roster.

We already have 2 guys who are young and developmental pieces in Smith and Kohou. I don't see or quite understand this allegiance to Trill, never played a snap, was out entirety of last season and was an udfa to begin with. Yes he has great size and length but is a tweener corner/safety. I don't see him cracking the top 10 DBs on this current iteration of our DB room:
CB-Ramsey, X, Smith, Kohou, NN, Bethel
S-Holland, Jones, Elliot, NcKinley, Campbell

I wish the guy well but he better excel at specials to even have a remote chance over Bethel or Crossen. Bethel is a vet who showed he can play, Crossen is a specials guy with elite speed, doesn't understand how to cover, Iggy and Ellis are camp cuts.

Somewhat disagree. Though I agree he has an uphill fight to make the roster, and experience is very important, when you're a quality player, you're a quality player, young or old.

Trill looked great, and was an easy addition to make the roster, before he got hurt. If Trill continues to play hard, as well as practice hard, coaches will notice, and he will be considered for a roster spot. Could be as a corner, or allowed to try and grow into a safety position.

Last edited:
Unless he is still hampered by his injury Trill will make the team.

Getting Rrill and Needham back while adding Ramsey and Smith makes for a loaded CB Corps. Coupled with 3 quality Safeties(look to see Ramsey playing a roving FS role at times as well)makes for an incredible Secondary.

Giving all that to Fangio to play with is unfair.

There's a difference between how a coach or a scout looks at a player and how a fan looks at a player. A fan says, "it was just preseason or camp". A coach or scout knows the evaluation is the evaluation.

There's a difference between how a coach or a scout looks at a player and how a fan looks at a player. A fan says, "it was just preseason or camp". A coach or scout knows the evaluation is the evaluation.
I think coaches are much more likely to understand when it's just in preseason. They see the guys every day and actually know what they're looking for. A fan sees them make a few highlight plays in a preseason game and can be fooled into thinking someone is a lot better than they are.

I think coaches are much more likely to understand when it's just in preseason. They see the guys every day and actually know what they're looking for. A fan sees them make a few highlight plays in a preseason game and can be fooled into thinking someone is a lot better than they are.
Trill Williams was the starter on the outside in the preseason b/c the coaches saw him as the best player opposite X. That was their evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom