Anyone believe the league is fixed? | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone believe the league is fixed?

League is fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 94 42.3%

• Total voters
If anyone believes the NFL is rigged or fixed, then they shouldn’t even be watching. Why waste ur time? It’s not fixed, but there’s a problem with the officiating. Both can be and are true at the same time.

It’s also a matter of perspective. Eagles fans aren’t feeling like it’s fixed but if ALL of the calls went our way Sunday night instead of going their way, they’d maybe think it was fixed too.

Someone mentioned using AI in the future to correct the issues with officiating. I’m starting to think that may be the best solution. It’s not perfect but I don’t see how it could be any worse than what he have now.
I'd like to take the human element out of officiating. Human's can be compromised, bought or threatened. The Eagle game was the proof I needed that things are going in the wrong direction. Double digit flags for Miami and zero for the flawless Eagles?? Get the hell out of here!! Somebody cashed out!

sort of feel like as long as referees are considered part-time employees with no health benefits and work a regular 9-5 during the week the option exists for a nefarious ref or two to take matters into their own hands. League needs full time refs.
This is a major point and it's amazing, with all the revenue the league earns, that they don't properly employ, train and correctly pay their officials. They are asking for trouble not doing so. If you're a ref and your kids don't have food and some guy wants to give you a fat envelop to throw some flags, there are those that would cheat without question. The money is huge so the NFL needs to be proactive here and fix, forgive the pun, the problem! Pay them extra to be honest! Make being an NFL ref a great job to have because it pays well not because it's easy to make some extra cash from time to time. That will one day kill the sport. They need to do something ASAP.

Larry Johnson (Who tore up defenses almost like they were not trying for a few years in the NFL ) once tweeted: "After every game: "This has been a presentation of..." I still get a kick out of people not figuring out they're watching a narrative, not a game."

M Parsons this week on how inept the officiating really is:

I think the league is fixed to maximize profits so in that respect, I voted yes.

Agree. Follow the $.

I can't help but think there is a geographic bias. The networks wants certain teams do better.

How often, recently, have 1 or both teams from the northeast been in the Super Bowl?

Currently, the media IMO really wants a beefalo/philthadelphia match up

p.s. This policy has been going on since at least the mid 80's with the Giants.

Pittsburgh had a similar play to the Hill fumble TD this past week.

Clearly a backward pass and TD recovered by Packers.
But refs called it incomplete and blew the whistle.

After review the call stood just like in Miami game but opposite results.

Both calls the home team got the advantage from refs.

Back
Top Bottom