Anyone believe the league is fixed? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone believe the league is fixed?

League is fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 94 42.3%

• Total voters
Professional wrestling is categorized by the government as an entertainment business. Coincidentally, NFL is too. What this means is it is not considered a sport, but sport business. FYI, fixing results is LEGAL for the sake of entertainment.

Sad Michael Scott GIF

This is a tricky subject for me. The ruleset allows for far too much subjective interpretation, which in turn allows for personal biases and agendas to interfere.

I’d say the game is heavily influenced by officiating, but I’m not sure it’s always predetermined or fixed. It just very much seems that way on occasion.

Professional wrestling is categorized by the government as an entertainment business. Coincidentally, NFL is too. What this means is it is not considered a sport, but sport business. FYI, fixing results is LEGAL for the sake of entertainment.
There is a betting industry around NFL and other sports unlike the WWE. Any fixing would put a lot of folks in jail. Conspiracy theories are dangerous things and lead people to do dumb things if they start believing in them too much. There is probably some ingrained bias in some aspects of the sport, as we witnessed in Philly but I don't believe for one second that there is some systematic fixing going on that prevents teams like the Fins from competing.

No, they can't.

People dont gamble on wrestling.

Fixing events that people gamble on, is in fact, illegal.

This is a tricky subject for me. The ruleset allows for far too much subjective interpretation, which in turn allows for personal biases and agendas to interfere.

I’d say the game is heavily influenced by officiating, but I’m not sure it’s always predetermined or fixed. It just very much seems that way on occasion.
That's where I'm at.

Part of the problem is that 10 officials could interpret pass interference in 10 different ways. Same with the fan base. The subjectivity of rules seemingly make the game easier to fix if that's "sometimes" the objective.

For years, the NFL has struggled just to define what a catch is. That's inherently a problem.

That's where I'm at.

Part of the problem is that 10 officials could interpret pass interference in 10 different ways. Same with the fan base. The subjectivity of rules seemingly make the game easier to fix if that's "sometimes" the objective.

For years, the NFL has struggled just to define what a catch is. That's inherently a problem.

All kidding aside, I'm in the same place as you bro...

My take on the rules is that ...bias or 'Soft' rigging is still rigging. Either the rules are applied uniformly or they aren't rules at all. We've had MULTIPLE announcers try and say this season that the grabbing and holding junk on Hill and Waddle is ok because how else do you stop them. So again, the rules apply...until they don't.

No, they can't.

People dont gamble on wrestling.

Fixing events that people gamble on, is in fact, illegal.

I'm being devils advocate here for a second ....👿

But how is gambling being allowed on a sport supposed to make me feel better about something... especially when billions are involved and so many fingers are in the pie that can affect the outcome.

Legality and such? Meh, the mafia (doesn't exist 😂) wouldn't ever exist (it doesnt 😂) if that meant anything...just dont make it too obvious and don't get caught red handed...

...And then you have a league that trots out part timer refs that have no real accountability even if they have been disciplined before for bias actions...

Nah, that gambling is allowed isn't really a deterrent to much...

In today's society, people say a lot of things about a lot of things. Without any proof, it means absolutely nothing.

I'm being devils advocate here for a second ....👿

But how is gambling being allowed on a sport supposed to make me feel better about something... especially when billions are involved and so many fingers are in the pie that can affect the outcome.

Legality and such? Meh, the mafia (doesn't exist 😂) wouldn't ever exist (it doesnt 😂) if that meant anything...just dont make it too obvious and don't get caught red handed...

...And then you have a league that trots out part timer refs that have no real accountability even if they have been disciplined before for bias actions...

Nah, that gambling is allowed isn't really a deterrent to much...
Note that I said it is illegal, I didnt say it doesnt happen.

Sporting events have ben tampered with for ages.

Last edited:
So WWE = NFL

It makes so much more sense now...Eagles game, The Tom Terrific shield of protection and all of those phantom holds to stall drives--------Its all so clear

Why did you offer that red pill? I was happy when I was oblivious

Why oh why on God‘s green earth did the NFL fix it so the Dolphins lost the 1985 AFC title game to the Patriots? Miami V’s 15-1 Chicago in the SB when Chicago’s only loss was Miami, could not have been a better story and hype for the big game. Yet lose we did and the Bears routed pathetic NE. Where was the fix it guy then? You guys are too much, always looking for the excuses when we lose.

Back
Top Bottom