Anyone believe the league is fixed? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone believe the league is fixed?

League is fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 128 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 94 42.3%

• Total voters
If anyone believes the NFL is rigged or fixed, then they shouldn’t even be watching. Why waste ur time? It’s not fixed, but there’s a problem with the officiating. Both can be and are true at the same time.

It’s also a matter of perspective. Eagles fans aren’t feeling like it’s fixed but if ALL of the calls went our way Sunday night instead of going their way, they’d maybe think it was fixed too.

Someone mentioned using AI in the future to correct the issues with officiating. I’m starting to think that may be the best solution. It’s not perfect but I don’t see how it could be any worse than what he have now.
people watch wrestling. comment debunked

I chose no because it would break my world if true. If it were rigged it is amazing that they have pulled the wool over all our eyes over all these years. I do believe gambling and officiating do mess up the games integrity. In a perfect world we would take refs out of the equation but they are a necessary evil. At the very least you should be able to challenge ANY CALL but the same 2 challenge applies. Get two right and you should get a third, otherwise it is two.
I believe teams should have the potential to have unlimited challenges per game. However, you lose the right the challenge after you lose your first challenge, so teams have to be confident throwing the flag. Win you get another challenge until you lose. Lose your first challenge, you are done for the rest of the game.

people watch wrestling. comment debunked
I like wrestling now and again. Its man soap opera with lots of violence and **** talk. Its funny entertainment.

No one (I hope) gambles on wrestling.

I DO like how wrestlers can beat the **** out of the refs with chairs and tables though.

The games aren’t fixed by the league, they’re fixed by gambling interests supplementing refs’ salaries.

I sincerely hope no one thinks the NFL is the smoking gun. Does make some of these thread posts make more sense though ...

It's the mob. Like always with anything involving gambling. Since forever and for eternity. Just in case that needed to be cleared up.

Sure some bias by individual refs may happen (Head coach pisses off a ref during a game. I can see that ref becoming bias. That's some what human nature). . Systematic fixing of games by the NFL (aka WWE) is such an overblown conspiracy theory it makes my head hurt every time I see it.
And the league is ok with that ? An official should NEVER be able to that and if there caught doing that should be disciplined or better yet kicked out of the league .When was the last time you ever heard of the NFL discipling a ref ? Anyone that doesn`t see that some player`s and teams get preferential treatment is welll umm what you said .

There is enough evidence to prove this theory online through social media. Beautifully broken down too. Too much money involved for it not to be

Not impossible. Just look at our government. 536 corrupt people that cover for each other so that they can stay in the money.

Explain why New England, KC, Buffalo and the Steelers always seem to be on the right side of these phantom calls.
People are biased.

The games aren’t fixed by the league, they’re fixed by gambling interests supplementing refs’ salaries.
You're definitly right.

But also don't undervalue the likelyhood of the league nudging their head refs to help the NFL cash cows. The league loves money & ratings (hand in hand), they need superstars to drive that. So when they find guys and teams that move the needle, they want and NEED those teams to be in the race all the way through the end.

People are biased.
Yes, but it's primarily because of $$$$$ and ratings. That's the bottom line for the NFL. Certain teams bring in the big bucks and most eye balls on a game. The more eye balls on a game, the more companies are willing to pay for commercials/ad time.

I sincerely hope no one thinks the NFL is the smoking gun. Does make some of these thread posts make more sense though ...

It's the mob. Like always with anything involving gambling. Since forever and for eternity. Just in case that needed to be cleared up.
There are two sides to the coin.

The mob focuses on (controls) the odds and legalized gambling side of it. They've got their insiders in every city and in the league offices. They know how everything is going to shake out (see the betting lines each week). And they wouldn't hesitate to grease wheels to get a desired outcome, sure.

But you cannot truly believe that and also think the Shield is 100% straight up and leaves everything to chance. What do you believe the league would prefer, Eagles vs Cheifs superbowl or Texans vs Falcons?

One of those matchups is a ratings/headlines dream come true. The other one would lead to one of the least watched superbowls in the modern era.

They cannot have that happen. So they will shepherd their biggest superstars and teams into the playoffs to ensure they get the best storyline + monemakers possible.

Yes, but it's primarily because of $$$$$ and ratings. That's the bottom line for the NFL. Certain teams bring in the big bucks and most eye balls on a game. The more eye balls on a game, the more companies are willing to pay for commercials/ad time.
I couldn't think of anything else than that show, practical jokers, while watching our game. Like the play before Mostert ran for a touchdown, we came up short on the first down and then the linemen shoved our guy and we got the first. This kept the game close and everyone continues watching. Then we are going down for the tying score and Tua and Wilson can't connect and then Conner and Tua can't connect on a snap to end the game. Just too many weird things that happen on key plays that keep the game close or decide the final outcome.

Back
Top Bottom