Anyone besides me hate the Jake Long pick??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone besides me hate the Jake Long pick???

It isn't the most exciting pick, but it was a pick of desperate need, and BP thinks he can fill it enough to pick him 1st so Im more than fine with it.

Hate the next pick if you want, this one's safe.

It's not the sexiest pick in the world, but it was the most sensible pick for this team.

It's a great pick. I can't remember feeling as good about a first pick in a long time, although I wasn't displeased with Ronnie's. I can't think of a more appropriate player to make the skilled players around him better

nebwk5-1.gif

It's a great pick. I can't remember feeling as good about a first pick in a long time, although I wasn't displeased with Ronnie's. I can't think of a more appropriate player to make the skilled players around him better

nebwk5-1.gif

I agree totally. And by the way I love your sig.

I'm prepared to duck after this post haha-

My buddy is a huge Michigan fan and would come over every Saturday to watch them play; I would just study Jake Long because I didn't have any interest in the game- just the line play (I play DE right now for a small school) and I was never impressed with Jake Long. Ever...

Yea he is a huge specimen- he's strong' big framed dude... but I'm in huge doubt over his 1st overall pick potential- Who would I pick? I don't know- the other Long maybe.. But still it's hard to get through my head we are giving Jake Long close to a 70 million dollar contract and I don't think he is anywhere close to Joe Thomas's potential; who was drafted 3rd overall..

The NFL really ****ed themselves with inflation signing the first overall pick the last couple of years -- Even if he turns out to be the best NFL player ever can we afford to keep him with that salary? and if we did, wouldn't we have to let other core players go?

And I know this next statement is going to get some people rating this thread 1 star or whatever... hahaha- but what's illogical about maybe trading the first overall pick for someone like Jarred Allen?
He's already proven; lead the NFL in sacks, him and JT playing the ends would be so dominate and we already know what a great DL can do (see NY Giants) And most importantly we would wouldn't be caught in such a salary dilemma paying someone unproven so much money- But I guess we deserved 'the paradox of the first overall pick' because yea, we kinda suck- haha

haha, i'm done, and as a fin fan- I'm ready to accept anyone we draft.. I hope Jake Long is a twelve time pro bowler and proves me wrong..

Go fins!

PHP480E34696B5B0-1.jpg

I wonder if Jake and his buddy got together to watch you play!

Jake Long was the safest pick, IMO.

Just like ESPN has constantly said, teams don't let stud OTs get away, so I guarantee that he'll be with this team for a long while.

My buddy is a huge Michigan fan and would come over every Saturday to watch them play; I would just study Jake Long because I didn't have any interest in the game- just the line play (I play DE right now for a small school) and I was never impressed with Jake Long. Ever...

Yea he is a huge specimen- he's strong' big framed dude... but I'm in huge doubt over his 1st overall pick potential- Who would I pick? I don't know- the other Long maybe.. But still it's hard to get through my head we are giving Jake Long close to a 70 million dollar contract and I don't think he is anywhere close to Joe Thomas's potential; who was drafted 3rd overall..

The NFL really ****ed themselves with inflation signing the first overall pick the last couple of years -- Even if he turns out to be the best NFL player ever can we afford to keep him with that salary? and if we did, wouldn't we have to let other core players go?

And I know this next statement is going to get some people rating this thread 1 star or whatever... hahaha- but what's illogical about maybe trading the first overall pick for someone like Jarred Allen?
He's already proven; lead the NFL in sacks, him and JT playing the ends would be so dominate and we already know what a great DL can do (see NY Giants) And most importantly we would wouldn't be caught in such a salary dilemma paying someone unproven so much money- But I guess we deserved 'the paradox of the first overall pick' because yea, we kinda suck- haha

haha, i'm done, and as a fin fan- I'm ready to accept anyone we draft.. I hope Jake Long is a twelve time pro bowler and proves me wrong..

Go fins!

PHP480E34696B5B0-1.jpg
Um....yeahhhh I'm gonna have to go with the upper management on THIS decision.....thanks though

Your not impressed wiht the fact that in 4 years he gave up only 2 sacks and more even more impressive had only 2 penalties?

I Heard in nfl network that Long just gave up one sack and no penalties, by the way the sack was against Vernon Gholston, that´s what i heard...

anyway that´s so impresive!

Gee, a guy who plays DE who thinks Left Tackles are overrated and we should have traded the pick for a DE from Kansas City because that's the more important position.

LOL

Besides that, when did 57.5 million become "almost 70 million"?
They need a better math department at that small school of yours :)

Nobody in this draft is a sure thing. The bottom line is we need help at the O-line and I think he will make our o-line much better. Only time will tell if he becomes a pro bowler but I am happy with the pick.

agree

I think that we should have traded with the cowboys and got there 2 1 st round picks for or #1 jake long will not be a lt for "long" and we already have a RT so why this pick I dont know. If we made the trade we would have got more needs taken care of and the jets wouldnt get mcfadden the boys would that means we dont face mcfadden twice a year . By the way here is a good nickname for him Jake"I wont be around" Long:boohoo:

Go fins!

PHP480E34696B5B0-1.jpg

This is what I just read..

"My buddy is a huge Michigan fan.. Blah blha blah, and would come over every Saturday to watch them play; blah, I would just..blah..jake long...blah blah... because I didnt have any interest in the game.. blah blah blah" End..

99.99% of posts that try to be credible by starting with, "a buddy of mine", or "word on the street", or "from a credible source" or, "I was at a restaraunt and went to take a leak and overheard a conversation in the stall" hold no water with me... not that you guys should care, but im just sayin

Your not impressed wiht the fact that in 4 years he gave up only 2 sacks and more even more impressive had only 2 penalties?

Him referencing his buddy is just "telling you why he first hand watched Long, your babble about "un-credible sources" and "a buddy of mine" etc is a non issue in this post. He was only explaining why he was watching a game he did not care about and showing that he watched Long on a regular basis.

All he ever discussed was his point of view, and further, I would rather hear uncredible source talk as opposed to people trashing other peoples posts and adding no comment.

At least that is how my friend feels about it!

Yea I trust what you say about him more then the hundreds of analysts and scouts that watched him. : /

Him referencing his buddy is just "telling you why he first hand watched Long, your babble about "un-credible sources" and "a buddy of mine" etc is a non issue in this post. He was only explaining why he was watching a game he did not care about and showing that he watched Long on a regular basis.

All he ever discussed was his point of view, and further, I would rather hear uncredible source talk as opposed to people trashing other peoples posts and adding no comment.

At least that is how my friend feels about it!

Yeah, so i thought id throw that in, get over it hip hop

Back
Top Bottom