Anyone born after this like me- Was cool to watch! Super Bowl VII | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone born after this like me- Was cool to watch! Super Bowl VII

I watched it for the first time yesterday.

It was neat seeing names I have heard about but never really watched.

When Csonka breaks a big run late we see that Redskin they described as I think 5 foot 8 and 170 trying to tackle him and it looks so funny seeing a 239 pounder straight arming that guy.

Sadly I am old enough to have been alive but not old enough to have been following football yet.

Although when I was about 12 years old a friend of mine and I were positive that we saw Jim Kiick at the gas station/mechanic near my house.

What he would have been doing in central Massachusetts in the late 70's we could not explain but I swear it was him! :chuckle:

I was born the year after it and wish I was around for it as well. That being said, without skin in the game as a Dolphin fan, one of the more boring games you'll ever see (aside from Yepremian's pass attempt).
Definitely a different type of game back then. Anytime there was a throw, let alone a deep one, I got very excited!

Sadly I am old enough to have been alive but not old enough to have been following football yet.

Although when I was about 12 years old a friend of mine and I were positive that we saw Jim Kiick at the gas station/mechanic near my house.

What he would have been doing in central Massachusetts in the late 70's we could not explain but I swear it was him! :chuckle:
I did not know who Jim Klick was before watching that. I have heard of Csonka of course and Mercury Morris but don't think I had heard of Klick. He ran well.

I attended many Dolphin games between 1966-1968. I joined the Coast Guard in January 1969 and got an early release in June 1972 to go to college. I purchased season tickets for the 1972 season and remained a season ticket holder until 2019. I would still be a season ticket holder today if not for the fact that the arthritis in my lower back no longer allows me to sit for several hours in the seats at the stadium.

So I was fortunate enough to be in the stands in 1966 to see Joe Auer return the first kick off in Miami Dolphins history for a TD. I have seen each of Dolphin Super Bowl wins, along with the three SB losses. So yes, watching the Dolphins win the 1973 SB was just as COOL as you imagine it was.

Back
Top Bottom