Anyone catch that Henning statement regarding Pat White? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch that Henning statement regarding Pat White?

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it/heard it, but Henning made a statement about Pat White's future. He mentioned these good things, then POW! he throws out "....he's going to be in this league a long time, whether its with this team or another team..." :err:

Then, reading today's article about Pennington stating he wants to continue playing in the NFL. He mentioned that he would consider coming back as HEnne's backup and that's what made me go, :ponder:.

Could MIA be setting up for a Pat White trade and re-signing Pennington as the veteran/solid backup to Henne for a SB run next season? Hmm.

first lets figure out why a 2nd round ****ING PICK was spent on this kid then come n' talk about trades.

was the organization that STUPID? b/c u konw, since we have so much talent we were in a position to spend it on a luxory 3 plays a game guy.

trade? are you kidding me(as mora would put it). that is funny though the thought of some team wanting white. ow my stomach hurts from laughing

I think what he's saying is if he what's a starting job he can go searching for one when his contract is up. You're ****ing crazy if you think there's a team in the NFL that would trade for this chump.

I've heard that Pennington comment before. I don't think it ties in with Pat White at all. In games as you know, they don't use White as a true QB. I don't see the two players being related to the backup role.

actually...they intended for pat white to be the 3rd qb anyway behind henne as backup...but then pennington got hurt...which decreased pat whites playing time because he was the back up...if your backup gets hurt and then ur starter gets hurt who do u have..

if pennington comes back then it will be a pat white thigpen competition...increased reps for both. its a good situation to be in if pennington comes back...considering he plays well post injury

Pennington is done with the fins and so is White. I say we trade Pennington for some weapons for Henne. We can trade Pat White for a laundry lady at another team.

if it came down to pat white,chad penny id take penny

Has anyone noticed since Ronny got hurt, the O has gone 99.9% conventional? Who knows if Ronny will be back. I think White is a failed experiment, and the statement might have been made to try to save what ever trade might be available. The guy has thrown 2 incomplete passes the entire season with multiple reps on the field. Neither one was even close. Henne, Penny, and Thig would be a solid QB field. Thig has proved he can move a terrrible O in KC. I have nothing against White, just the pic its self. Sad to say, this just happened with Beck, and White hasn't even been given that much of a chance. He has been less than impressive in his limited opps, and started to piss me off just by his presence on the field because it is almost always a negative or a very small gain. I say lets call an ugly baby an ugly baby and move on. That is JMHO.

if it came down to pat white,chad penny id take penny

There isn't going to be ONE, single person on that Dolphin's coaching staff that would pick White ahead of Pennington OR Tyler Thigpen.

If they has signed Thigpen first then they wouldn't have drafted White I think...

As for trading him, every player under contract has some value. It may be just to move up or down in the draft but he definitely has value.

Every player except for Beck, that is. I had almost forgotten about fumble fingers. :d-day:

I said it before on here. Next off-season I would bet money that they VERRRY quietly start giving him reps at WR.

Back
Top Bottom