Anyone catch that Henning statement regarding Pat White? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch that Henning statement regarding Pat White?

if pennington comes back then it will be a pat white thigpen competition...increased reps for both. its a good situation to be in if pennington comes back...considering he plays well post injury

there aint no competition there , thigpen wins by a landslide

Dan Henning is a delusional old man! His weekly performance is proof to that! He was hurt this team more then any other element this season, the fact that he is even opening his mouth is just laughable!

You guys are nuts if you think this FO will give up on a 2nd round QB after one season in which he played aroung 18 plays.......White aint going anywhere and he shouldnt. Pennington is not taking white's position and I dont think he will take Thigpen position, Pennington's days are over in Miami as a player, this is what I see happening. CP10 comes to camp and works out with the team, gets limited snaps in Preseason and waits for another team to come a calling because of injuries or needing a veteran backup. We then trade him for player or late round pick or he works out with the team gets cut at the end of the season and sits at home waiting for the phone to ring, I could see us picking him up in season if a QB goes down but I dont see this FO letting Thigpen go, I see them having a serious competition in training camp next yr. Give this kid some good coaching and a offseason to learn the playbook and he will push and make Henne better. White has 3 yrs before any decision will be made on him, thank God for that, you dont give up on a kid who has talent who's taking the next step in being an NFL QB.....patience,coaching and reps will be in order for him.

I think this FO has proven that they aren't afraid to cut loose anyone. If you think Pat White is safe, just because of where he was drafted you are nuts.

I think this FO has proven that they aren't afraid to cut loose anyone. If you think Pat White is safe, just because of where he was drafted you are nuts.
Not were he was drafted but why he was drafted and the position he was drafted to play. This FO doesnt make knee jerk decisions on any player especially a high draft pick.

Pat was drafted to play in the wildcat and the only team that runs its very good gives up on him not sure which team will give anything

The WC works with ronnie due his size and speed.He can run between the tackles Pat cannot do it no matter what. Can he run 5 times in a game between the tackles.

Chad henning is good but every one of his interception comes under presure and this need to improve.

The FO trusts him so much, he has thrown 2 passes all year. That says a lot to me. So do the passes. I really think his brief showings in the WC/Pistol package are just to keep teams we play having to prepare for it.

The FO trusts him so much, he has thrown 2 passes all year. That says a lot to me. So do the passes. I really think his brief showings in the WC/Pistol package are just to keep teams we play having to prepare for it.

I dont think it would be logical to thrust a rookie into the game and just let him do whatever he wants...everyplay pat white has taken is more designed in getting him into the game and getting some experience...next year...you will see more passing...once we get another wr.

I dont think it would be logical to thrust a rookie into the game and just let him do whatever he wants...everyplay pat white has taken is more designed in getting him into the game and getting some experience...next year...you will see more passing...once we get another wr.

Because the "next" wr cure's his overthrowing problems??? Can White catch a pass??? Because I have a feeling he will be lining up at WR.

This is an old saying that just doesn't hold water anymore. How did Henne do as a rookie when thrown in at the end of the Arizona game? How did Ryan and Flacco do as rookies? Yes, you get better but either you have it or you don't. Ronnie brown has thrown as many passes with a higher completion rate. We have 2 rookies starting as our corners, and a wide receiver taken in the 4th round making major contributions. The rookie excuse is a cop out.

Sadly if white comes in tomm and has a 30 yd run, and good pass that changes the game everyone will change.. Same with sean smith if he gets a pic!

White should be a QB/WR. No reason why this guy should be limited to taking reps as a 2nd string QB.

What many people fail to realize is they didn't expect White to be the #2 QB. He is which makes the coaching staff use him limited. Before if he got hurt it wouldn't really matter. Now if he gets hurt we're stuck with Thigpen which I'll admit is a pretty decent QB but there may be a reason he's the #3 QB.

I have no problem with Pat White succeeding in this league. He has shown himself to be a good person, no distractions(from him, not fans), and accepted his role on this football team. I very much hope he has success in this league.

That being said i would love if he turns into the next Matt Shaub(another team giving up draft picks for him).

Because the "next" wr cure's his overthrowing problems??? Can White catch a pass??? Because I have a feeling he will be lining up at WR.
Ginn slowed down for some reason on that pass. If he had kept going at full speed it would have been a TD.

Back
Top Bottom