Anyone catch the stat on ESPN??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch the stat on ESPN???

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
They were showing the stats on the youngest QB ever to appear in a SB and Marino was on the list they also showed how many TD passes they had before the age of 24 and Marino had 78 some 34 more TD's then his closest competitor Big Ben!! The guy so deserved a SB more then any other QB to ever play the game IMO. It's obvious Marino was never on a team worthy of a SB.

Nobody "DESERVES" a super bowl.

I hate it when people say..."this person DESERVED this or that". Why did that one person DESERVE something over someone else????

MikeO said:

I hate it when people say..."this person DESERVED this or that". Why did that one person DESERVE something over someone else????

Because he was the greatest passer ever and we love him!

MikeO said:

You have an opinion, good for you!!

MikeO said:

Dang man, why do you always come across as an :moon:
I don't think he meant that Marino deserved to have a SB GIVEN to him, but he DID deserve to have a good enough team around him to help. Why do some people insist on p*ss@ng on others posts?:confused2

MikeO said:

He's just expressing his endearment towards Marino. In his heart, he feels Marino deserves to to win a championship. He was a fiery competitor on the field, a philanthropist who gave back to his community, and he stayed in the game probably longer than he should because of his chase for that elusive title. He played his heart out, he gave his all on every play; and it's sad that it didn't happened for him. It doesn't matter about anyone else who's fallen short of winning the Super Bowl. He's just expressing his feelings about Marino. It's no different when someone says, "it could not have happpend to a better person."

RoKnRuiN said:
Because he was the greatest passer ever and we love him!

Nuff said...... Ahmen brother !!:wink:

dolfan72734me said:
Dang man, why do you always come across as an :moon:
I don't think he meant that Marino deserved to have a SB GIVEN to him, but he DID deserve to have a good enough team around him to help. Why do some people insist on p*ss@ng on others posts?:confused2

Because some people have strong opinions and being pleasant to other posters about subjective statements is useless. It's a shame this board doesn't have opinions away from the norm. I don't agree with him in this situation, but there's a difference between him being an *** and just responding in a different fashion that you want.

feelthepain said:
You have an opinion, good for you!!

That is why we are all here :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO said:

I would say that because he did what he was supposed to do to help his team win. At the time his yardage, completions, attempts were records. Compare that to say Jim Kelly or Rich Gannon who threw 3-4 interceptions and directly contributed to their respective losses. Bruce Smith has a monster game and deserves by his performace to win. What I have a problem with is to blame a single person for a loss. Marino had o sacks, int's tackles,etc.... you get the point. It is a team game but individuals based on thier performance deserve it more than others. JMO

It has nothing to do with coming across LIKE I WANT. My point was that some are always looking for fault in others posts. I mean, do some people wake up in the morning just waiting to make a post to make someone look wrong?
Ah, you know what, just forget it. I will conceed to you now. You are right and I am wrong.

I hope I spelled conceed correctly.

MikeO said:

Because that's what the media uses as their barometer to judge greatness in a QB. Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer etc shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Marino.
Heck Big Ben only threw for 125 yds and he has a ring.

dolfan72734me said:
It has nothing to do with coming across LIKE I WANT. My point was that some are always looking for fault in others posts. I mean, do some people wake up in the morning just waiting to make a post to make someone look wrong?
Ah, you know what, just forget it. I will conceed to you now. You are right and I am wrong.

I hope I spelled conceed correctly.

It's not that your wrong, in fact I think you were right but the point is all because someone crosses you does not mean they hate you, think of you as an idiot or anything of the sort. MikeO just gives strong opinions and completely disagreed with the statement. He didn't cuss nor did he even mock the poster.

Jaj said:
It's not that your wrong, in fact I think you were right but the point is all because someone crosses you does not mean they hate you, think of you as an idiot or anything of the sort. MikeO just gives strong opinions and completely disagreed with the statement. He didn't cuss nor did he even mock the poster.

I never said anyone was wrong. I gave my opinion. In fact if people would actualy READ what I wrote, I THEN ASKED A QUESTION!!!!!

Maybe someone can give me an answer and I will change my opinion! :shakeno: Everyone around here wants a fight and an argument so much they don't even read what is written half the time!

Back
Top Bottom