Anyone catch the stats on the Pats since spygate?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch the stats on the Pats since spygate??

I had mentioned this on Twitter on Saturday. Its called Karma. What I want to know is whom on the damn Jets is being so righteous that Karma is working in their favor?
Chubbs

Karma is garbage if the Jets or Big ben get in and one will happen. If one loses, then OK.

Well as much of a hard time I give you sometimes, I hate the Patriots more than any other football team on the planet. I'd rather admit to you that I was wrong about the Jets then see Brady and Belechick reach god status again. That was great, I absolutely can't get enough of talk radio right now. Congrats juncy, and go Pittsburgh :). Seriously, little respect for Giants and Jets for crushing the office talk I'm accustomed to up here, even if only for a little while.

Best part, every Pats fan I talked to wanted to play the Jets. They were all deathly afraid of Baltimore, the jets were a gimme. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch :).

Give it a rest, since Spygate they've managed to go 16-0 and 14-2 in a regular season. I remember the last time we went 14-2, and it was a long, long time ago. They lost the Super Bowl to the Giants because their offensive line couldn't block anyone. Asante Samuel dropped an interception on the Giants' game winning drive. Eli Manning squirmed out of a game-ending sack, etc. They missed going 19-0 by the skin of their chinny chin chin and it wasn't because they weren't cheating. They went 14-2 this year when the smart money had them at 9-7 or 10-6 pre-season. Their starting DL Ty Warren was on IR. Their starting guard Neal and tackle Kaczur were on IR. Their money kicker was on IR. Their glue guy, Kevin Faulk, was on IR. What they've done is freaking miraculous. Their starting MLB was suspended for 4-games. What they did this year was so absolutely improbable it boggles the mind. They weren't just beating people, they were beating them down. Now they've got six draft picks in the first three rounds, and Ochocinco is rumored to be headed to New England. Belichick wins two or three more Super Bowls before its over, and he'll be sure to give a f-you to his critics on the way out. Perhaps we need to learn to cheat.

P.S. Since the maturing of the free agency era, around the time the Broncos beat the Packers in the Super Bowl, the SB has been much tighter in terms of its outcome then it was previously, as predicted. Only three Super Bowls since then have been decided by more than two touchdowns. Seven by a touchdown or less.

This isn't talked about near enough.

And another thing; most people think the cheating thing was an isolated incident when there is every indication it had been going on for years, and other kinds of spying and cheating as well.

Belichick and the Patriots are total scum. There should be astericks by everything they did in those years.

BELICHICK AND KRAFT AND THE PATRIOTS ARE THE GARBAGE OF THE NFL.

Completely agree! This should've been investigated wayyy more and something done about it

One thing about the cheating scandal that isn't talked about -- and this for the people saying "they went 16-0, yada yada, so cheating doesn't matter, etc." -- is that the season they went 16-0 they were only caught at the beginning, with no forfeiture of wins, and only a demand to surrender extant tapes. And, NO forensic investigation, i.e. they still had the game keys for all the teams they had scouted. No question that the Pats were able to use the cheating info throughout that year, to lesser and greater degrees depending on the teams, in residual effect.

Now, when you compare this to the kinds of wins they got previously and the level of talent they were dealing with, it's pretty incredible, the difference that cheating made for the Pats, for 5-6 years. The wins they got on the back of cheating so far outweighed the slap on the wrist they subsequently received that it's really unbelievable.

When you look at the level of success since Spygate, the 16-0 season has to be set aside as a flier [residual benefit to the Pats, etc.]. The real truth is even starker than some people realize, imo.

LD

Nobody really knows how extensive the cheating was since they kept everything sealed. I will say though, if they knew the opposing teams play calls and audiable siginals that is a huge advantage. I recall a game against the Pats a few years back when somebody mailed a tape into the Dolphins that had audio on it and they had all of Bradys calls on tape. We pummeled the Pats that day. Knowing where the ball is headed or which part of the field the defense is protecting is a huge advantage for any team.

One thing about the cheating scandal that isn't talked about -- and this for the people saying "they went 16-0, yada yada, so cheating doesn't matter, etc." -- is that the season they went 16-0 they were only caught at the beginning, with no forfeiture of wins, and only a demand to surrender extant tapes. And, NO forensic investigation, i.e. they still had the game keys for all the teams they had scouted. No question that the Pats were able to use the cheating info throughout that year, to lesser and greater degrees depending on the teams, in residual effect.

Now, when you compare this to the kinds of wins they got previously and the level of talent they were dealing with, it's pretty incredible, the difference that cheating made for the Pats, for 5-6 years. The wins they got on the back of cheating so far outweighed the slap on the wrist they subsequently received that it's really unbelievable.

When you look at the level of success since Spygate, the 16-0 season has to be set aside as a flier [residual benefit to the Pats, etc.]. The real truth is even starker than some people realize, imo.

LD

I agree with you and I always wondered about all the information that they wrote down from those videos. How much did they keep on using and how long was the info viable? also, If a person gets into a habit of doing something and it brings them satisfaction, they can't always quit cold turkey. Makes me curious about there young 2010 defense and how good they got so quick. It was almost like they were in the huddle against their opposition.

Shula used to complain if he seen a stray plane flying over the practice field during the 1972-73 season and he would be ticked and asking what that plane was doing in the air. Some of his players thought he was crazy as he stopped practice until the plane flew over head. Coaches were concerned about cheating in the 70's and it is harder to defend against it in the new millennium's communication age of camera phones, small video cameras, etc...

I had mentioned this on Twitter on Saturday. Its called Karma. What I want to know is whom on the damn Jets is being so righteous that Karma is working in their favor?
Chubbs

how about mark sanchez befriending a young dying boy and making his last days here better as he got to meet and talk to and actually be friends with his hero. he also paid for the funeral expenses when he died.

Get over the cheating scandal your starting to sound like
a bunch of scorned housewives

Well, you cant say NE needs to cheat to beat up on us-- since the beginning of 2007, the Pats are 6-2 against Miami (including 1-1 without Brady) with several blowout wins.

far to much love for the jets............they still suck.

Screw the Pats Bellicheat...hate the Jets, but HATE the Patsies even more

Nobody really knows how extensive the cheating was since they kept everything sealed. I will say though, if they knew the opposing teams play calls and audiable siginals that is a huge advantage. I recall a game against the Pats a few years back when somebody mailed a tape into the Dolphins that had audio on it and they had all of Bradys calls on tape. We pummeled the Pats that day. Knowing where the ball is headed or which part of the field the defense is protecting is a huge advantage for any team.

And this makes a huge difference if only known for 20 percent of the plays or less. People have no idea how beneficial inside info can be even on partial plays... hence scrubs being picked up almost every year by Beli, after being cut by division rivals, etc. NE was livin' large off of this for ALL their championship years. Period.

LD

And this makes a huge difference if only known for 20 percent of the plays or less. People have no idea how beneficial inside info can be even on partial plays... hence scrubs being picked up almost every year by Beli, after being cut by division rivals, etc. NE was livin' large off of this for ALL their championship years. Period.

LD

I think what we all neglect to metnion is that in all likelihood many teams were doing this. Your former coach, Jimmy Johnson, admitted he did it as well. We all hate NE but they earned their titles.

Back
Top Bottom