Anyone Change Their Mind on the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Change Their Mind on the Draft?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
After countless threads, posts, debates, and info, has anyone changed their minds on which position/player should be picked first and second?

Seem like more are now going WR.

I wanted them to take a WR in the first round even after they traded Stills, and before they traded Mike Wallace. My thought process there was to get a young stud WR then trade Wallace, but they did it way before the draft, so now I want them to get a WR even more in the 1st, BUT... as much as I want that to happen, I hope and pray that they do not reach for a guy like Perriman, or DGB. If the top 3 options aren't there then take The BPA. White, Cooper and Parker are the only ones worthy of that pick IMO, but there will be studs at other positions sitting there for the taking.

I think the best case scenario without any trades us WR at 14, ILB with 47 and OG with the fourth round pick. I am hoping for a trade back though. Unless a blue chip player falls to us.

I very much thought the Phins were showing interest in Gurley to try to get him drafted before they picked, allowing a WR to fall in their laps...and that still may be the case...but wow with all of the Parker going in top 11 talk I must concede Gurley would be a fantastic pick at 14.

I've remained firm on the position that I would be most happy if we come out a the first round with either Gurley or Gordon.

I did a complete 180 on the thought of drafting Gurley... Im not pounding on the table for him but I wouldnt mind it at all... I still think its not a good idea to draft a RB in the 1st round. But I`ve come to beleive Gurley isnt just a RB... He`s a game changer...

I have came to the conclusion that WR and RB are deep in this draft. the dominant big men should be our pick at 14
Shelton, Sherff . Both of those guys will be Pro Bowl players in a couple years IMHO.
If Cooper fell (unlikely) then I would take him.
Apart from those 3 players, I would take Gurley @ 14th.
Pass on Parker, CB or Safety. Those guys are a notch below top tier IMHO.
If my 4 guys are not there, I am trading down.

Its been Scherff, Wayne, Parker through the whole process for me. Either of the 3 is a home run in my book.

I'd ideally like for us to trade down into the 20s, pick up another 2nd and target a wide receiver. I like the top 6-7 receivers into this draft a lot. I think they're all first round talents.

Gurley would help this offense more than any player RIGHT now.

He's a potential top rb, Marshawn Lynch talent. Don't we all wish Lynch was in Miami, well here's a better one

If we stay at 14, my wish list is.
1. Parker
2. Waynes
3. Shelton
4. Sherff
5. Gurley

I've really come around on Parker over the past couple weeks.

1. Parker
2. Gurley
3. Waynes

Any of those and i'm thrilled.

Jalen Collins (CB) or Landon Collins (S).

If their not there trade down and pick Denzel Perryman (ILB)

Back
Top Bottom