Anyone Change Their Mind on the Draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Change Their Mind on the Draft?

Then... I was all for Shelton until they signed Suh. I would not have been opposed to Shaq Thompson or Melvin Gordon.

Now... I am all for trading down and getting Kendricks or Cam Erving.

Gurley would help this offense more than any player RIGHT now.

He's a potential top rb, Marshawn Lynch talent. Don't we all wish Lynch was in Miami, well here's a better one

Thing is that I don't see Lazor changing his O to a running O, and don't see replacing Miller, who was a great fit.

Thing is that I don't see Lazor changing his O to a running O, and don't see replacing Miller, who was a great fit.

If he can regain his form, Gurley would add another wrinkle to the offense all by himself. Anytime you have a chance to draft a Earl Campbell, Dickerson, Ricky Williams type of RB, you do it.

If he can regain his form, Gurley would add another wrinkle to the offense all by himself. Anytime you have a chance to draft a Earl Campbell, Dickerson, Ricky Williams type of RB, you do it.

In those days gone by you would. Today, you give Tannehill every chance in the world to connect with a potential play making WR.

Not Dolphins related, but I've changed my mind multiple times on Marcus Mariota. Before he ever became a starter at Oregon I loved him, and posted that on USC forums. I couldn't believe Oregon was wasting time with guys like Darron Thomas above him.

In late 2013 I soured on Mariota's pro potential. He looked weak and vulnerable, too much of a system fit. Stanford made him look terrible for three quarters and that was hardly the only example.

In 2014 I switched to Yes. Then back to No immediately after the season. Now I'm back to Yes and I think I'll stay there.

It reminds me a little bit of the Kelvin Benjamin situation last year. Completely different positions, obviously. I knew lots of guys who didn't like Benjamin at all as a pro. Extremely sharp guys. Not merely here. Friends in Las Vegas and elsewhere. I couldn't go along with it for fairly basic reasons. Benjamin had been rated very high for too long and had made huge plays in key situations against top rated teams and players. That was too much to dismiss via nitpicking subjectivity. I was Yes on Benjamin.

The NFL doesn't make too many quarterbacks look inept these days, not with all the mediocre defenses and rules changes favoring the offense. Mariota is hardly a physical specimen but I think he'll be a good if not spectacular pro. There aren't any character red flags like lifelong prima donna Robert Griffin.

My overall draft philosophy has altered in recent years, not recent months. I previously favored trading down as long as it was within the top 40. But that was before Miami demonstrated a total inability to find star players without a severe advantage. Even the third pick is not enough of an edge, apparently. I'm convinced we need as much of a crutch as possible, so yeah trade up if we've targeted someone.

I despise subjectivity overall. That's why I welcome metrics to the draft process. In betting I can use statistical and situational angles and know I've twisted the advantage in my favor. But in that realm I can be wrong 43-45% of the time and still be very successful. That doesn't apply to the draft.

I haven't totally changed my mind but now I can be swayed to be at least more willing to like other options. Such as Gurley, among other things

One thing that hasn't wavered at all- I do not want a DT with our 1st or 2nd pick

i didnt have a mindset, but right now i would love for a top 3 wr to fall. otherwise bpa is my thought. huge msu fan to wayans would give me a reason to buy an obscure jersey. other than that i think bpa. we have so many holes, there's no reason to force a square peg into a round hole

Gurley would help this offense more than any player RIGHT now.

He's a potential top rb, Marshawn Lynch talent. Don't we all wish Lynch was in Miami, well here's a better one

100% agree....as good a season as Miller had we had problems closing out close games where even 1 more 1st down makes a ton of difference....If Gurley's there at #14 i'd have no hesitation pulling the trigger....Now don't get me wrong Miller's a nice player but with the game on the line i know who i'd want in the backfield.

I'm not feeling the Gurley love. I wouldn't be upset but we have a good RB. I think waynes or parker is the pick. Parker would really help this passing offense

If it was between gurley and parker I would take gurley. He's a complete game changer that forces defense to focus on. Parker is more a number 2 to me

I'm not feeling the Gurley love. I wouldn't be upset but we have a good RB. I think waynes or parker is the pick. Parker would really help this passing offense

Just asking and i'd like an honest answer......3 mins left ahead by 4...1st 10 vs New England/Buffalo/Stinky Jets/ or like last year Lions/Packers....Who do you give the rock to?Miller Or Gurley?

Wanted Kendricks the MLB at 14, but now, think either Parker, Scherff or Shelton if they are available. If all three are gone then trade down and get an extra late 2nd and grab Hendricks with our mid to late 20 pick and then get a WR (Dorsett) with our 2nd at 14 and a CB or safety with the extra gained pick.

Back
Top Bottom