Anyone CONCERNED that Tanny stares down receivers on every play? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone CONCERNED that Tanny stares down receivers on every play?

he's gonna have to throw into tight windows...just what he's got to work with weapons wise...not many guys that can win consistently...pretty much just bess...i'm more concerned with tanny though about staring things down in the tight red...when the field shortens...hard for me to tell given my feed have to watch it on the dvr but seemed like he was eye banging things in the tight red...and thats bad news...but at the same time i didn't see him throw anything dicey where a safety or lb could jump it just reading his eyes tonight in the tight red...so he may have identified his best bets presnap and went right at them...hard to say

but once we play for keeps in the tight red if he bangs his target they will be faking the rush with lbs and dropping them right into those throwing lanes...

Pocket "feel" and "presence" seems to be lacking... he doesn't seem to sense the rush well.

Hopefully this is something he improves upon.

Way too early to worry about that. Especially when he gets very little time in the pocket and receivers are getting very little separation. what a bad drafter Ireland is. I have a feeling he gets axed mid season.

You guys do know that just because he seems to be turning his head one way he could be looking elsewhere right? I know it looks like his staring his receivers down but none of you know that for sure..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Good point, except when the camera zeros in on him staring down receivers, defenders are jumping routes and announcers are saying he just stared down his receiver allowing the defense to read his eyes then there is pretty good evidence that he is actually staring down his receivers.

Wiley is on nfl live saying that alot of Tanneys throws were unwatchable. Maybe putting extra on the pases when it isn't needed.

Tannehill actually did a good job of not locking into his WRs a few times tonight.
Also no batted passes,

Probably wondering at every receiver he comes to in his progressions if the guy is gonna catch the ball if he throws it to him.....

Had drops all 3 games.....Tannehill and Moore. Catch the damn ball!

All RT's mistakes are rookie mistakes. They're expected.

Now the 3+ year vet receivers that are dropping easy balls are a concern.

That's one of the few things I'm not too worried about right now. RT is going to throw a good deal of picks this year...especially with this WR corps. I think RT has a lot of potential and just needs some decent players besides Davone Bess at WR. Now if we're having the same conversation about RT staring down receivers in two years, I'm going to be concerned.

He's a rookie give him time.

What I'm concerned with is the drops. You have to think there's only so long a young qb can be surrounded with inconsistent hands (dating back to his college days) before he loses his trust in the receivers.

hooshoops;but once we play for keeps in the tight red if he bangs his target they will be faking the rush with lbs and dropping them right into those throwing lanes...[/QUOTE said:
Hoops that is coming regardless if he starts looking the defense off or not. Agree with alot of your post. I will say he looked off alot more this game than last. That is good enough for me considering it is his second start. I have noticed progression each game. As to his pocket presence, he is going to have to get a better feel for how Martin is going to hold up on the right side. Martin's unpredictability on the right side caused more issues than long not being able to deal with Abraham. I hope folks realize we are in year one of a partial rebuild. There is no way you take a 6-10 team, remove the bulk of the coaching staff including all of the important positions, and be a deep playoff competitive team. The team that is fielded next year will look massively different than this years. (disclaimer: I was watching the game with a two year old. So it is not out of the realm of possibility that I missed something.)

No because he is making progress as he plays. His pre-snap identification is good and that will be huge because no one except Bess can create separation. He is going to have a lot of Int's but that will be attributed more to having to fit a ball into tight quarters rather then bone headed decisions that we have seen so often over the last decade.

It's hard not to be am encouraged by what we are are seeing from him.

I saw hims staring down Bess a lot towards the end because he was the only damn one that would catch the ball!

YES!!! Been my complaint all along. Will be a turnover machine in the NFL until he learns how to look off the DBs and LBs.

Funny how Tannehill led the NCAA in dropped passes and appears that he will do the same in the NFL. Hmm...could it have something to do with touch and location?

Really !!!!! He turned the ball over once in 3 games and thats a turn over machine???

The batted balls at the line concern me alot and of course the dropped passes are terrible. He stares down Bess because hes the only one that can get open on a regular basis. I thought he did a good job yesterday throwing the ball to the open guy without locking on him the whole route. Fasano dropped 3 passes, two hit him in the gut and the TD was off his hands in the endzone. Tanny did ok so far for a rook but the other guys need to help him out. The other problem is we have no speed. No one that can blow the top off the D and push them back. DBs r just sitting on the short routes and hooks because they dont worrie about anyone running past them. I would like to see us throw a few passes down field just to keep the D honest and on their toes. I know Gates has the speed to do it but i think they will cut him.

NO

Beyond the intellectual capacity and motivation to be coached up effectively, he's way too smart not to be able to instantaneously process information and make informed decisions quickly once the game slows down for him.

Back
Top Bottom