Anyone Doubting Peterson well heres the facts....This man knows his stuff!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Doubting Peterson well heres the facts....This man knows his stuff!!!!

cleezy13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Career Record 176-141 9 playoff appearence.

Peterson has earned praise for hiring winning coaches and re-establishing proud traditions for professional football franchises.
Peterson led the Chiefs for 20 seasons, one of the longest and most successful tenures for a team president, general manager and CEO in modern NFL history.
Upon his arrival to Kansas City, he made one of the most important hires in the team's history when naming Marty Schottenheimer head coach. Schottenheimer led the team to its most successful period since Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Hank Stram paced Kansas City's sidelines. Prior to Peterson's arrival, the Chiefs had made only one playoff appearance in the previous 18 years. The Chiefs were the NFL's winningest team in the 1990s, won four AFC West championships, and played in the team's only AFC Championship Game in January 1994. Over Peterson's 20 years, the Chiefs' record was 176-141-1 and qualified for the NFL playoffs nine times.
Under Peterson's leadership, three Kansas City assistant coaches ultimately went on to lead teams to Super Bowl championships as head coaches: Bill Cowher (Pittsburgh Steelers; Super Bowl XL), Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts; Super Bowl XLI) and Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers; Super Bowl XLV). Peterson also hired Vermeil as Kansas City's head coach in 2001, two years after he had led the St. Louis Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.
Four current NFL team general managers also built their portfolios as members of the Chiefs' front office under Peterson: Tom Dimitroff (Atlanta Falcons), Mark Dominik (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Jeff Ireland (Miami Dolphins) and John Schneider (Seattle Seahawks). In addition, National Football Scouting President Jeff Foster, a Chiefs scout under Peterson, now directs the annual NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis for all 32 NFL clubs.

Players Peterson Drafted: How they preformed under him.

Dale Carter 4 pro bowls
Donnie Edwards 1 pro bowl
Jared allen 1 pro bowl
Larry Johnson 2 pro bowl 1 All pro
Tim Grundar 1 pro bowl
Will Sheilds 12 pro bowls
Derrick Thomas 9 pro bowls 2 All Pro
Tony Gonzales 10 Pro bowls 4 All pro
Christian Okye 1 Pro bowl
James Hasty 2 pro bowls

Coaching Tree:

Marty Shotenhimer- Winningest Coach in cheifs history
Gunther Cunningham- D-Coordinator led his D held opponents to 16.4 pts per game with a 42-22 record.
Dick Vermeil- Enough Said
Herm Edwards- Not so good.

He KNEW his stuff. His best years with KC were from 1989 to 1997, and I will agree they had some very good teams. However, you cannot forgot that he remained GM until 2008, and from 1998 to 2008 his teams were far less than consistently successful.

So yea, his first 10 years in KC were awesome...his last 10 not so much. I hope it works out, but I am a little worried that todays NFL game has passed him by just like it has Parcells.

Facts:

0 Superbowl wins
0 playoff victories in his last 15 years
1 division title in his last decade
0 franchise quarterbacks drafted

With our current situation, im not sure whats appealing about all that. And for the record, i wouldnt mention "Carl Peterson, Jared Allen, and Larry Johnson" in the same area. By the way, love how you only list 10 players that had success from Petersons 20 year history.

People having some hesitations when it comes to Petersons involvement is competely understandable. We just finished having the whole Parcells thing blow up in our faces. When the Tuna was hired there was a lot of optimisim that came with his involvement and many of us thought that he could right the ship of the Miami Dolphins. But we were all let down and have watched a team that seems to be talented overall but lacking playmakers . We do not seem to address our QB situation and draft "safe" lineman in high rounds of the draft.

Now we have another respected "Football Guru" but after the tunas departure many of us are wanting to see new faces with a modern philosophy. Most of the success behind the Chief teams have been from the power running game. So essentially we are bringing in the same mindset of how to build a winning franchise. I really hope that he can do something to help us but I hope that he is not a dinasour that Parcells turned out to be.

Fact:

Gave up a mid round draft pick for Herm Edwards. He gave up an actual draft pick for a coach. I could even forgive that if it was for someone like Mike McCarthy or Mike Tomlin. Nope. He gave up a draft pick for Herm ****ing Edwards.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man who gave up a draft pick for Herm Edwards is about to be in charge of our football team. So remind me, why am I supposed to feel good about this...?

Fact:

Gave up a mid round draft pick for Herm Edwards. He gave up an actual draft pick for a coach. I could even forgive that if it was for someone like Mike McCarthy or Mike Tomlin. Nope. He gave up a draft pick for Herm ****ing Edwards.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man who gave up a draft pick for Herm Edwards is about to be in charge of our football team. So remind me, why am I supposed to feel good about this...?

EPIC... I completely forgot about that... I was already feeling bad about this and you just made me feel worse... Thank you sir...:(

.555 winning percentage. Astounding achievement.

For being such a 90's powerhouse, I sure had to sit through a lot of SBs with the Bills & Broncos chewing up the scenery. Where were the Chiefs? I suppose you could lay a lot of it on the perpetually "good but not great" Schottenheimer, but they had some good teams over the years and have nothing in the trophy case to show for it. Whatever they still needed it was Peterson's job to go get it. Meanwhile, all their great pro-bowl players did their time in KC and retired or went elsewhere.

All I need Peterson to do for us is to find the right coach. He has one chance. Nobody can seriously expect him to be here in five years asking for a mulligan.

Facts:

0 Superbowl wins
0 playoff victories in his last 15 years
1 division title in his last decade
0 franchise quarterbacks drafted

With our current situation, im not sure whats appealing about all that. And for the record, i wouldnt mention "Carl Peterson, Jared Allen, and Larry Johnson" in the same area. By the way, love how you only list 10 players that had success from Petersons 20 year history.

Well they have 3 playoff wins and bot line he produced a winning product and multiple playoff teams he cant go out there and coach and make all the plays but he put together teams and thats what you need. He went 9 times out of his 20 years ill take that all day and his record speaks for itself. Also I mentioned 10 guys who really stood out on his teams he had a ton of other good players just not as well known as the ones I listed. You dont go 176-141 drafting bad teams?? As far as the drafting a franchise qb he didnt really need one under his tenure the list is as follows.

Joe Montana
Rich Gannon
Elvis Gerac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Ron Jaworski
Steve Deberg

He is the very definition of mediocre! That said he is light years above the triflop.

EPIC... I completely forgot about that... I was already feeling bad about this and you just made me feel worse... Thank you sir...:(

Um didnt the Bucs give up draft pics for Gruden? and if I remember correctly, Herm Edwards was a hot name at that point in time

Well they have 3 playoff wins and bot line he produced a winning product and multiple playoff teams he cant go out there and coach and make all the plays but he put together teams and thats what you need. He went 9 times out of his 20 years ill take that all day and his record speaks for itself. Also I mentioned 10 guys who really stood out on his teams he had a ton of other good players just not as well known as the ones I listed. You dont go 176-141 drafting bad teams?? As far as the drafting a franchise qb he didnt really need one under his tenure the list is as follows.

Joe Montana
Rich Gannon
Elvis Gerac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Ron Jaworski
Steve Deberg

Amazing how you credit him for making the playoffs and winning games, but do not hold it against him when they do not win any postseason games. The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game under Peterson was 1993. There are people on this forum that weren't even watching football when he last won a postseason game.
And your point of him winning 3 playoff games in very uninspiring. He was general manager for 2 decades. And 3 wins constitute success? My god how far Dolphins fans fallen. So yeah, his record does speak for itself. And its sickening.

And virtually every single quarterback you listed had established themselves on other teams before signing with the Chiefs. Peterson didn't produce a single capable quarterback, he merely ran after other teams. And most of those that you listed had very mediocre success in Kansas City. How is that inspiring? How is that different then what Miami has done this past decade? How does that instill confidence that Peterson will fix this franchise?

And for the record, every team needs a franchise quarterback. Its slightly important.

Um didnt the Bucs give up draft pics for Gruden? and if I remember correctly, Herm Edwards was a hot name at that point in time

How was Herm Edwards a hot name? He went 39-41 in New York. Admittedly his 2 playoff wins in a handful of years probably blew away Peterson, but Herm could hardly be considered a world beater.

Career Record 176-141 9 playoff appearence.

Peterson has earned praise for hiring winning coaches and re-establishing proud traditions for professional football franchises.
Peterson led the Chiefs for 20 seasons, one of the longest and most successful tenures for a team president, general manager and CEO in modern NFL history.
Upon his arrival to Kansas City, he made one of the most important hires in the team's history when naming Marty Schottenheimer head coach. Schottenheimer led the team to its most successful period since Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Hank Stram paced Kansas City's sidelines. Prior to Peterson's arrival, the Chiefs had made only one playoff appearance in the previous 18 years. The Chiefs were the NFL's winningest team in the 1990s, won four AFC West championships, and played in the team's only AFC Championship Game in January 1994. Over Peterson's 20 years, the Chiefs' record was 176-141-1 and qualified for the NFL playoffs nine times.
Under Peterson's leadership, three Kansas City assistant coaches ultimately went on to lead teams to Super Bowl championships as head coaches: Bill Cowher (Pittsburgh Steelers; Super Bowl XL), Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts; Super Bowl XLI) and Mike McCarthy (Green Bay Packers; Super Bowl XLV). Peterson also hired Vermeil as Kansas City's head coach in 2001, two years after he had led the St. Louis Rams to victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.
Four current NFL team general managers also built their portfolios as members of the Chiefs' front office under Peterson: Tom Dimitroff (Atlanta Falcons), Mark Dominik (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Jeff Ireland (Miami Dolphins) and John Schneider (Seattle Seahawks). In addition, National Football Scouting President Jeff Foster, a Chiefs scout under Peterson, now directs the annual NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis for all 32 NFL clubs.

Players Peterson Drafted: How they preformed under him.

Dale Carter 4 pro bowls
Donnie Edwards 1 pro bowl
Jared allen 1 pro bowl
Larry Johnson 2 pro bowl 1 All pro
Tim Grundar 1 pro bowl
Will Sheilds 12 pro bowls
Derrick Thomas 9 pro bowls 2 All Pro
Tony Gonzales 10 Pro bowls 4 All pro
Christian Okye 1 Pro bowl
James Hasty 2 pro bowls

Coaching Tree:

Marty Shotenhimer- Winningest Coach in cheifs history
Gunther Cunningham- D-Coordinator led his D held opponents to 16.4 pts per game with a 42-22 record.
Dick Vermeil- Enough Said
Herm Edwards- Not so good.
Kinda sounds like the resume of another Head Idiot we had in the recent past named Parcells. Both these guys are relics. If he comes in and does well, I will be happy. But I foresee another monumental screwup. Hope I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom