Anyone Doubting Peterson well heres the facts....This man knows his stuff!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Doubting Peterson well heres the facts....This man knows his stuff!!!!

The main (negative) issue I see with hiring Petersen is the relationship between he and Ross. If he came in here and was lousy, would Ross be able to fire his "good friend"? Think about it, you may think it's business, but could YOU fire one of your close friends. Hell, look how long he kept Tony around and I'm sure he didn't consider him a close friend like he does Petersen. We could be stuck with him for quite awhile.

I am willing to roll the dice with Peterson as long as means Ireland is not in the catbird's seat.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man who gave up a draft pick for Herm Edwards is about to be in charge of our football team. So remind me, why am I supposed to feel good about this...?
He saved a lot of money by switching to Geico?

Players Peterson Drafted: How they preformed under him.

Dale Carter 4 pro bowls - drafted 1992
Donnie Edwards 1 pro bowl - drafted 1996
Jared allen 1 pro bowl - drafted 2004
Larry Johnson 2 pro bowl 1 All pro - drafted 2003
Tim Grundar 1 pro bowl - don't even know who this is
Will Sheilds 12 pro bowls - drafted 1993
Derrick Thomas 9 pro bowls 2 All Pro - drafted 1989
Tony Gonzales 10 Pro bowls 4 All pro - drafted 1997
Christian Okye 1 Pro bowl - drafted 1987 (not by Peterson)
James Hasty 2 pro bowls - drafted 1988 (not by Peterson)

Carl Peterson was with Kansas City from 1989-2008, 20 years roughly 140 players drafted and out of all those players drafted he had 7 pro bowl players or .5% (half a percent). Not only that but 5 of the 7 players were drafted before the year 2000.

Well they have 3 playoff wins and bot line he produced a winning product and multiple playoff teams he cant go out there and coach and make all the plays but he put together teams and thats what you need. He went 9 times out of his 20 years ill take that all day and his record speaks for itself. Also I mentioned 10 guys who really stood out on his teams he had a ton of other good players just not as well known as the ones I listed. You dont go 176-141 drafting bad teams?? As far as the drafting a franchise qb he didnt really need one under his tenure the list is as follows.

Joe Montana
Rich Gannon
Elvis Gerac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Ron Jaworski
Steve Deberg
Joe Montana- only there for two seasons, was average in one, ok in the other. (93-94)<br>
Rich Gannon- Started 19 of a possible 64 games in 4 season with the Chiefs.(95-98)<br>
Elvis Grbac- Had 2 mediocre seasons.<br>
Warren Moon- Played in 3 games with 1 start in two seasons as a Chief (99-00).<br>
Trent Green- Too bad Miami never had him.<br>
Ron Jaworski- 36-61 385 yds 2 TD 5 INT's in three starts in his only season in KC (89).<br>
Steve Deberg- Had 2 ok seasons and 2 awful season (88-91)

The silver lining in all of this is that Ross and Peterson will get old and die at some point, and the team might be left in more capable hands. Maybe.

The silver lining in all of this is that Ross and Peterson will get old and die at some point, and the team might be left in more capable hands. Maybe.

In the meantime.... everyone embrace the Miami Chiefs.

Holy crap not been on the site in awhile and all i see is Miami entertaining Peterson? WTF we have a moron for a owner and probably have some of the biggest morons for fans getting 1500 to fly a ****ing banner.

Henning once got Carolina to the SB. In NFL terms, it's ancient history equivalent of when dinosaurs roamed the land.

This bickering is make me sick.  I hope we can hire someone and get behind him and hope to god that he pans out.  But at least there will be hope.  This uncertainty is killing us

I am willing to roll the dice with Peterson as long as means Ireland is not in the catbird's seat.

During the Carl Peterson era, I hope you keep quiet and 'roll' with it. Dude is straight trash. I'm not a Ireland supporter one way or the other, but the fact is Carl Peterson isn't a upgrade period. My KC Chiefs friends got a good laugh this week hearing Peterson was in line for a FO job in MIA.

KC had a few decent teams. A few teams that were capable of making some noise, but ended up in the ditch. Peterson likes building the running game while digging through other teams trash bins for QB's. He then has absolutely no sense when looking for coaches. Marty ball flames out where ever he goes. Gunther Cunningham was someone who was put in power out of loyalty. Dick Vermeil was prolly his best hire, but Vermeil had a shelf life. Fact is Peterson and his coach HERM ****ING EDWARDS left KC in shambles. From schemes to personnel.:tubes:

Peterson in short is a pooper scooper.

Well they have 3 playoff wins and bot line he produced a winning product and multiple playoff teams he cant go out there and coach and make all the plays but he put together teams and thats what you need. He went 9 times out of his 20 years ill take that all day and his record speaks for itself. Also I mentioned 10 guys who really stood out on his teams he had a ton of other good players just not as well known as the ones I listed. You dont go 176-141 drafting bad teams?? As far as the drafting a franchise qb he didnt really need one under his tenure the list is as follows.

Joe Montana
Rich Gannon
Elvis Gerac
Warren Moon
Trent Green
Ron Jaworski
Steve Deberg

How many starts did these guys have with the Chiefs though? They were great in other places but they weren't great in KC.

Back
Top Bottom