Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade

pillBOXhat

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In the broadcasters booth, Jeff Ireland indirectly predicted the Dolphins would trade one of their DE's by the 3rd preseason game. He mentioned how depth at one position allows a team to trade for depth at another, and that it's best if this can get done as early as the 3rd preseason game. This came directly from Ireland, not the other broadcasters.

My guess is Starks gets dealt. And i bet they are shopping Will Allen. Maybe get a 6th or 7th for Allen.

My guess is Starks gets dealt. And i bet they are shopping Will Allen. Maybe get a 6th or 7th for Allen.

Will Allen can't even get on the field and he hasn't played in like two years. We couldn't send him to clog space in another team's training room by sending a draft pick with him.

Shopping Starks? He would fetch something nice I would imagine.

My guess would be Merling. Starks is way too valuable to trade and carries a pretty hefty price tag. Merling is a free agent after this season and is expendable at this point. Wouldn't shock me if he's dealt for a an offensive linemen, or maybe running back or tight end.

My guess would be Merling. Starks is way too valuable to trade and carries a pretty hefty price tag. Merling is a free agent after this season and is expendable at this point. Wouldn't shock me if he's dealt for a an offensive linemen, or maybe running back or tight end.

I think the writing is on the wall. Odrick got the start today and the start last week.

I don't recall him saying that. I believe it was Dick Stockton or Bob Griese speculating along those lines.

Trade w Seattle. John Carlson and a 3rd for Starks..........

I think the writing is on the wall. Odrick got the start today and the start last week.

I think if the season started Starks would be the starter. But right now it's important to the team to find out what Odrick can do. We know what Starks can do, and if Odrick plays so well that we feel like he can provide close to what Starks would, there's no reason not to use our surplus to our advantage and acquire something that will help in another area, whether it be a draft pick or player.

of course starks will fetch a bit more than merling, but merling would be my choice to go. Odrick hasn't played a full season and letting starks go would be a little quick on the trigger imo.

Back
Top Bottom