Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade

I do not like trading Starks because he is the back up NT.

Trade Starks, try to get a good draft pick or atleast a good valuable offensive linemen. I like what I saw from the oline tonight besides Murtha, but it was Carolina and I'm not sold. Id really like an upgrade on the right side of the line, even if it comes in the supplement draft

My guess would be Merling. Starks is way too valuable to trade and carries a pretty hefty price tag. Merling is a free agent after this season and is expendable at this point. Wouldn't shock me if he's dealt for a an offensive linemen, or maybe running back or tight end.

bingo.

If we are trading, I want to trade for a stud TE, or a guy who can play RT... Those really are our needs atm... But I want to keep Starks, unless we get a great offer. I'd much rather give up Merling.

I don't recall him saying that. I believe it was Dick Stockton or Bob Griese speculating along those lines.

I think that you are right it was not Ireland. They were talking about we have so much good depth on the d-line that if we needed to make a trade that would be a good spot to take a player from.

Everyone is talking about trading Starks all because the poster thought he heard something he didnt.

of course starks will fetch a bit more than merling, but merling would be my choice to go. Odrick hasn't played a full season and letting starks go would be a little quick on the trigger imo.

There is no point to trading a player that you are not gonna get anything for. Merling hasn't performed in his time, he is invisible on the field, and he is coming off an achilles injury as well. We may get a 6th or 7th rounder if we get anything at all.

The only reason why I advocate trading Starks, if we can get a good deal, is that we have so much talent on the line right now that we could foreseeably have roughly the same production from that area yet we could get a tremendous boost (a pretty high draft pick).

Starks' value is never going to be higher while Merling could really only go up. And if Merling somehow really contributes this year and somebody swoops in to sign him in FA, it would possibly benefit us in compensation picks that same that we could get for just getting rid of him.

Ireland said you look to make trades sometime after the 3rd preseason game, and you trade your positions where you have a lot of depth. The announcers later mentioned our depth at Dline. Its also odd that Starks didn't play today.

There is no point to trading a player that you are not gonna get anything for. Merling hasn't performed in his time, he is invisible on the field, and he is coming off an achilles injury as well. We may get a 6th or 7th rounder if we get anything at all.

The only reason why I advocate trading Starks, if we can get a good deal, is that we have so much talent on the line right now that we could foreseeably have roughly the same production from that area yet we could get a tremendous boost (a pretty high draft pick).

Starks' value is never going to be higher while Merling could really only go up. And if Merling somehow really contributes this year and somebody swoops in to sign him in FA, it would possibly benefit us in compensation picks that same that we could get for just getting rid of him.

I can see your point, and this being the case I could see starks being traded for a 2nd or third and trying to get merling a good bit of pt so when he leaves we get the comp pick and use both of these picks to trade up in next years draft for a franchise qb. that would be choice.

Back
Top Bottom