Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else catch Ireland's interview where he mentions a possible trade

It would be nice to find a quality right tackle for Starks.

Unless of course the Bengals would be of a mind to give up Palmer.

LOL at trading starks. The guy can start either inside or outside. What happens if soliai goes down or we don't resign him next year, who we gonna put in there Frank Kearse?!? Nonsense. Trade Merling and be done with it.

I watched the interview with Ireland and I didn't hear him say anything about trading any defensive lineman. I highly doubt he would trade Merling or any other lineman we drafted high in the first couple of rounds for a 4th or 5th pick. We have a great rotation with defensive lineman. Trading some away would be stupid.

no way do we trade starks he is a big reason we are what we are on the d line.i dont care if odrick is comming on our coaching staff brings players in and out all game long .why give up on starks he is still young and in his prime

What teams have depth on the offensive line, running back, quarterback and tight end positions.
Which of those teams need DL.
So I have heard Green Bay has a QB and could be in play.
We know Denver wants DL but the Orton issue got out of hand but you never know.
What other teams are stacked some of you guys must know.
We have all heard how well Philie did in the draft and FA who is expendable there.
I personally feel like running back or a guard would be the targets.

I'd rather not get rid of our Pro-Bowl caliber DE unless we
can get some serious value which I doubt. I know everyone including
myself realize we need a seam threat TE but, I just don't see it happening..
Now if Greg Olsen was still available I'd pull the trigger because of the talent equality.
I am a firm believer in drafting for talent over need even when it comes to a trade..
What player (specifically TE) is out there that we could use and would make more of an impact than Starks??
Theres NOOO chance a team gives up a 2nd rounder for him and
anything lower I woud rather keep him. It's the #1 rule in the NFL not to get rid of your own pro bowl proven player for a "potential" good player in the draft...
Build through the draft and develop the talent we do have and we will be a fine team...
For everyone who hates Sparano, don't forget the man took over a 1-15 team and has a winning record (25-23)
I don't post a bunch as you see but, for the so called fans who say our team isn't any better than before he came to town are ridiculous..
Im thrilled and extremely excited about what we can be and I said that yesterday before the game was played!!
Go Dolphins!! And Keep Randy!!!

gotta say merling was the guy getting lots of PT. I think teams have been watching him. Merling odd man out IMO. Starks is too valuable and he is simply getting rested this preseason.

Ireland specifically mentioned trading, not the other announcers. I hope he's shopping for an OL player.

I think it starks. But who and what posistion are we trading for. Broncos are a team that could a d linemen maybe carolina but what do they have that we could use.

I honestly dont want Starks to be the odd man out.. We just finished placing the franchise tag on solai based on half a season of performance. We have no idea what solai is gonna bring to the table for us this year. He showed up last year for the last 8 games. Now that he got a fat check who knows what the outcome will be. If solai happens to not pan out for us i would like starks to still be around to anchor the NT position till we address it and have odrick play outside. IMO getting rid of starks would be a bad move on our part unless the returning player provides an immediate impact for us which i honestly dont see happening unless like some one else stated the bengals get antsy and actually trade palmer.. Hopefully its merling thats being used as trade bait or maybe even a WR like Hartline or something for a better pass catching TE.. I dont see why not i believe WR is our deepest position on offense.. Marshall, bess, hartline, wallace, moore, and gates and apparently the dolphins are still high on pruitt.. who knows just my 2 cents

In the broadcasters booth, Jeff Ireland indirectly predicted the Dolphins would trade one of their DE's by the 3rd preseason game. He mentioned how depth at one position allows a team to trade for depth at another, and that it's best if this can get done as early as the 3rd preseason game. This came directly from Ireland, not the other broadcasters.
Just saw this and havent read through all post to see if anyone else answered this,but it wasnt Ireland who said this,it was Bob Griese talking to Moore in the first minute or so of the 4th quarter,just watching the replay now and heard them talk. Moore said he thought the Dolphins would love to keep them all if possible,just to be able to run fresh bodies in and out to make big plays.

I don't want to see us trade to trade. If it doesn't help us right now forget about it. Platooning many talented defensive lineman will help us right away. I've always been a big fan of having many guys who can play along the defensive line. I would frown on a 3rd or worse for Starks and don't think Merling would command much, unless a team was desperate. Randy Starks has been a really good player for us, if Carson Palmer or a TE who is a much better pass catcher than Fasano aren;t involved in the trade I say forget it. From what I'm reading, from some of the most astute posters here, it seems like we have the guys to fix the O-line (at least make it better) on the roster just comes down to are pig headed coach making the right moves.

If we do trade I'm thinking Langford and/or Hartline, maybe Yeremiah Bell. I'd prefer to keep Langford, but the other two are expendable IMO.

We have to trade a DE. It's so jammed there isn't even a choice not to. It'll probably be Starks. It's a shame because the dude's been a beast for us. Merling has zero trade value.

Back
Top Bottom