Anyone else concerned about our RB situation? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else concerned about our RB situation?

Bush is a good player. Detroit will use him to his strengths, with the amount of passing they do, plus they have CJ attracting the most attention of any wr in football lol.
I'm not a fan of having Bush as my #1 rb though. Loses way too many yards, it was clear last year he was just trying to hit homeruns on every carry. So many wasted attempts that put our offense in 2nd/3rd longs.
In an ideal world, he would be a great compliment/3rd down back. Or on pass heavy teams.

Lamar will blow Bush out the water anyways lol don't worry. He did **** up big time on the 3rd down drop no question about it. We can't be having that come regular season, no way in hell.
But I'm fully confident he will be one of our best players on offense.
To be quite frank, I'm more confident in Miller than I am in Tannehill.
Miller's only concern to me is durability.
Tannehill, I have to see much much more to get a read on him.

but isnt it funny that the guy who actually fumbled this preseason and dropped a 3rd down important pass was Miller. If anyone was paying attention to what the coaches were saying, they want a complete RB who can pass pro, run the rock, and do an excellent screen pass and juke the hell out of....oh i dont know...someone like Darrell REvis.
Excellent post, from the standpoint of concern mine are as above, in terms of getting on the field miller needs to become a more rounded back ie blocking and catching, think miller has the inside track

I'd be more concerned if we were in the 80's or 90's. DT is mediocre for half of the season before he gets hurt and Miller is an unknown, but if Tannehill steps it up, it won't matter. This is a passing league.

Our last two feature backs were drafted second overall and were also some of the most overrated players in the league due to their draft status and name recognition. With Ronnie Brown we had to bring back a gimmick run offense because he was so incapable of simply taking a handoff and getting consistent gains. With Reggie Bush, you had a a home run threat who couldn't even average 4 YPC. In the modern day NFL, its almost impossible to start every game at RB and do much worse than Bush last year.

We'll be fine.

Our RB group is not that good. Anyone who watched the Seattle game earlier this week, and then the Dolphins last niight, saw the difference between a roster with high caliber running backs, and one without. I love Lamar's quickness, but he needs a big hole to make something happen, which isn't always there with this OL. Thomas looks good on one play, and then he sucks for the next three. The inconsistency isn't going to change. It is who he is.

I predict we will be looking for a new starting RB going into next season.

Miller had one really nice run last night but beyond that we got very little production from either rb, but we were playing arguably the best rushing d in the league so maybe that says more about them than us.

I was pleases with Millers pass protection last night, which has always been an issue

Back
Top Bottom