Anyone else curious to see Vick play on Christmas?/He may play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else curious to see Vick play on Christmas?/He may play

bluehaze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seems like Booker is out and Saban has said Vick will move up and that he wants to see him get some playing time.

I am not a Vick homer by any means, but the guy's prior experience at QB does give him an advantage at WR with reading defenses and knowing where he's going to be open. The guy did a nice job catching during pre-season, don't think he dropped any passes. I am really curious to see what he brings to the offense.

time for the rook Hagen to step up

is Vick active? and I wonder if he has been catching Cleos throws...

I am not interested at this point in seeing guys who were undrafted and signed off the practice squad as last resort.

Hopefully he will have a good offseason and enjoy a few months in NFLE. I really think the time at the next level will do him some good

I want to see Vick play at qb he would have been a first round pick this year if had not been kicked out of school and had a good season.

time for the rook Hagen to step up

is Vick active? and I wonder if he has been catching Cleos throws...

Pretty sure he's active, i remember Saban saying something about putting Culpepper on IR so he could make room for Vick as WR and now Saban is saying if Book doesn't play Vick will get some time. So it seems highly likely he will be playing, probably splitting time with Hagan.

Don't know if he will be any good but i'm anxious to see him play.

I want to see Vick play at qb he would have been a first round pick this year if had not been kicked out of school and had a good season.

...he was a mediocre QB in college who was more trouble than he was worth.

Let's not kid ourselves :wink:

I am not interested at this point in seeing guys who were undrafted and signed off the practice squad as last resort.

Hopefully he will have a good offseason and enjoy a few months in NFLE. I really think the time at the next level will do him some good

I don't know man, Saban's been talking him up in PC's, I don't think he's going to NFLE but who knows...

...he was a mediocre QB in college who was more trouble than he was worth.

Let's not kid ourselves :wink:
Draft gurus had said last year before he got into all this trouble if he had a good senior season that he would have been a first round pick.

I don't know man, Saban's been talking him up in PC's, I don't think he's going to NFLE but who knows...
I would send him to Europe. Saban may have talked him up in past Pressers but he is still low in the depth chart. I think the experience in NFLE will do him good.

Draft gurus had said last year before he got into all this trouble if he had a good senior season that he would have been a first round pick.

Footballsfutures.com
Michael Vick's younger brother has had his share of ups and downs at Virginia Tech. He entered with huge expectations after the success Michael had, and showed his all around talents as a redshirt freshman. In 2003, Vick completed 30-57 passes for 475 yards, with two touchdowns and five interceptions. He also ran for 102 yards on the ground, and hauled in four catches for 82 yards and a touchdown. His career went south the next season as he was suspended for the 2004 season after being arrested for reckless driving and possession of marijuana. He came back in the spring and won the QB job, and looked to have his career back on track. As a junior this past season, he earned All ACC honors after completed 61.2% of his passes for 2,393 yards to go with 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Vick added 380 yards and six touchdowns on the ground.
Marcus Vick is a mess. He has a tremendous amount of god given ability. He has the talent to play two positions at a high level in the NFL. But he is a headcase. He believes people should respect him because of his name, and thinks he can get away with whatever he wants. He has to grow up and realize that it takes work to make it at the next level. With his off field incidents, Vick has killed any hope of instant millions in the NFL. If he is lucky, some team will gamble on him late in the draft just in hopes that he figures it out. Realistically he goes undrafted. The Falcons may bring him in and let Michael keep an eye on him. He has the talent to make it, he just needs to mature
[SI.com]

BIO: Full-time starter and an All-Conference selection last season after 61.2%/2,393/17/10. Has a laundry list of off-the-field incidents which include reckless driving, marijuana possession, and possession of a firearm. Missed the .04 season with a suspension, then dismissed from the program in January.

POSITIVES: Terrific athlete with an unpolished game. Sells the ball fakes, displays a sense of timing and effective when patient. Possesses a live arm and loses nothing throwing on the run. Elusive carrying the ball, can scramble in the pocket or pick up yardage with his legs. Runs with balance, body control and terrific quickness.

NEGATIVES: Lacks proper throwing fundamentals. Makes poor decisions, not poised under pressure and puts the ball up for grabs. Sprays throws and is only marginally accurate. Does not find the safety and misses open targets.

ANALYSIS: A promising prospect whose career has been hampered with poor decisions on and off the field, Vick is a huge risk in all regards. Likely a late-round selection destined for a practice squad.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

I don't know, bro. I watched Vick play and this is what I remember.

I can't wait to see Vick play. For all the hype about his character, he didn't do anything bad this whole year. Santonio Holmes has already been suspended twice. Look for Vick to run one trick play on Monday night.

Seems like Booker is out and Saban has said Vick will move up and that he wants to see him get some playing time.

I am not a Vick homer by any means, but the guy's prior experience at QB does give him an advantage at WR with reading defenses and knowing where he's going to be open. The guy did a nice job catching during pre-season, don't think he dropped any passes. I am really curious to see what he brings to the offense.

lol I was waiting for somebody else to post this cause I was afraid to get hassled over it. I would love to see him play. I wouldn't mind seeing him in there over Cleo Lemon. He was pretty good in college and he's related to this one guy in the NFL, what's his name again??? That's right, MICHAEL VICK!

He's fast and I think he could open things up for our Wr's. Come on, you know the defense isn't worried about Harrington taking off for a big run but if you put someone in there as fast as Vick, that's gonna change the whole game plan for their defense.

What's it gonna hurt? So we might take another loss, I've seen enough in the past 2 seasons I can take one more. I think it's worth giving him a shot.

lol I was waiting for somebody else to post this cause I was afraid to get hassled over it. I would love to see him play. I wouldn't mind seeing him in there over Cleo Lemon. He was pretty good in college and he's related to this one guy in the NFL, what's his name again??? That's right, MICHAEL VICK!

He's fast and I think he could open things up for our Wr's. Come on, you know the defense isn't worried about Harrington taking off for a big run but if you put someone in there as fast as Vick, that's gonna change the whole game plan for their defense.

What's it gonna hurt? So we might take another loss, I've seen enough in the past 2 seasons I can take one more. I think it's worth giving him a shot.
Sorry...

Show me Vick's college stats again...:wink:

I am not convinced that he is better than Lemon and the fact that he is Michael's brother does not raise his value in my mind...I believe that M. Vick is overrated and his stats prove it. IMHO

He won't be in at QB man :lol:, He is a WR now, will be a long time if ever we see him at the QB position. Maybe on a trick play but I doubt we see any of those for quite awhile either. I am just curious to see how good of a WR he's become.

Back
Top Bottom