Anyone Else Dissappointed??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Dissappointed???

volk said:
I wish we were playing the Steelers at full strength. I think the loss of Ben and the potential sitting of Ward will make it easier to win this game than it would have been otherwise. I'm not saying winning this game will be easy, I know it won't, I just prefer the team be tested against the best.

WE AINT EVEN WIN THE GAME YET!!!
damn, some of you guys are getting WAAAAY ahead of yourselves. Damn, I just hope we win the game, and I could careless if we play the Steelers' cheerleaders, it's still going to be one in the win column for us, and one in the lost column for them. When the game is over, and if we are fortunate enough to win, then I'll talk about disappointments.:tantrum:

JG718 said:
damn, some of you guys are getting WAAAAY ahead of yourselves. Damn, I just hope we win the game, and I could careless if we play the Steelers' cheerleaders, it's still going to be one in the win column for us, and one in the lost column for them. When the game is over, and if we are fortunate enough to win, then I'll talk about disappointments.:tantrum:

I'm sure they're not wishing Ricky Williams didn't get suspended so that they could play us at "full strength"
*smh*

ckparrothead said:
I think that's kind of a misguided sentiment, no offense. Injuries and depth are a part of the game.

To me, wishing Ben were healthy so we could play them at "full strength" would be like wishing the Bills would have signed Drew Brees, LeCharles Bentley, and LaVar Arrington during the off season so that we could have played them "at full strength".
I think he wants to play the team the Steelers' coaches put together as their strongest. The one with all their starters in the game, instead of the one guided by their back-up QB so, that others don't say we beat a weakened team.

If they had signed all those other players, I'm relatively sure he'd want them to play also, although I sure wouldn't.

I also would rather play Pittsburgh with all THEIR starters playing.

Our team will be tested at full strengh several times during the season anyway, its a long way.

JG718 said:

I didn't say we would win it. I just feel the game has lost some of its mystique with Ben out. I HOPE we win, just like I hoped we would win before, but I know (as I stated in my post) that it isn't going to be easy. I gave the Steelers the edge before, I still think they have an edge, but it just got significantly smaller. I will always take a win over a loss, no matter how ugly, but I was looking forward to a Roethlisberger v. Culpepper showdown.

Imagine if we lose........................................................:( :( :(

:boohoo:

Sure it would be nice to beat the World Champs at full strength, but we have had too many seasons where we missed the playoffs by one or two games. So I will take wins anyway we can get them. Whatever it takes to get us in the playoffs, then it starts... and I will worry about pride and full strength teams then.

JG718 said:
I'm sure they're not wishing Ricky Williams didn't get suspended so that they could play us at "full strength"
*smh*

bingo, i was gonna point that out.

roneil9 said:
Pittsburgh is about bad arse Defense and controlling the clock with the running game. The loss of Ben will not have a huge effect on this team and could in fact motivate the Defense and running game to play better.

I'd say our odds of winning went from 35% to 40%.

Go Phins!

Actually, I'd say our odds of winning went from 50% to 65% with Batch in the game. There is a reason Big Ben is the starter and he is the backup.

RUBBISH !!

I don't care if we don't play a single team at 'full strength' ... most certainly, I'd prefer not to be 'tested' during the first quarter of the season ... we need that time to 'mold' ourselves into the team we are going to be ...

Yes, playing the 'best' competition is nice, and win or lose, there are lessons to be learned -- HOWEVER, since it comes down to wins and losses ... I'll take as many 'pushovers' as the schedule allows ...

i wish that they had ward and ben too, but i am not too worried about it

This is what i wrote yesterday in a similar thread. It applies here as well..

Big Ben and his teammates are wearing SB rings because they took out Palmer last year. Not one of them, nor their fans, would take that incident back. No way.
I don't wish injury on anyone. But if it happens and works to our advantage, well, I'll take it. No one sheds tears when we sustain injuries to key players, and neither will I for others. That's sports.

roneil9 said:
Pittsburgh is about bad arse Defense and controlling the clock with the running game. The loss of Ben will not have a huge effect on this team and could in fact motivate the Defense and running game to play better.

I'd say our odds of winning went from 35% to 40%.

Go Phins!

I agree with everything except bump up the odds of winning from 65% to 70%.

volk said:
I wish we were playing the Steelers at full strength. I think the loss of Ben and the potential sitting of Ward will make it easier to win this game than it would have been otherwise. I'm not saying winning this game will be easy, I know it won't, I just prefer the team be tested against the best.

Agreed. I have been saying that the last couple of days, everyone is disagreeing with me. But I get their point also, I want to win, at all costs. But it does minimize the game a little bit!

Hey look on the bright side pessimist. At least their SB mvps in the striped shirts will be on the feild. They even got new uni's.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom