Anyone Else Dissappointed??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Dissappointed???

Well they can still win, its a team game, other players should be ready to step up and play of someone important goes down. I like a challenge, so I was a little dissapointed to see Big Ben go down due to a useless organ, I wish him the best though. It is going to annoy me though, if we hear this crap if we win: "The Dolphins only won because Pittsburgh didn't have Big Ben". I guess some people love to make excuses though.

PatsSuck456 said:
Well they can still win, its a team game, other players should be ready to step up and play of someone important goes down. I like a challenge, so I was a little dissapointed to see Big Ben go down due to a useless organ, I wish him the best though. It is going to annoy me though, if we hear this crap if we win: "The Dolphins only won because Pittsburgh didn't have Big Ben". I guess some people love to make excuses though.
With all the love some of these supposed Phin fans are showing for the SB cheaters we are going to hear that BS anyway.

I hate all injuries but unfortunately it's a part of a game... at least it's our favor so I'm not going to complain or dwell on it. Even without Big Ben and possibly Ward.. you can't just look at this as a cake walk... Pittsburgh is a GREAT team and the defending Super Bowl champs.

This game will be very difficult to win. I think the Steelers will get alot of favorable calls from the refs. which is why the betting line still favors the Steelers by 3.5. It's hard for the Phins to beat the Refs and the Steelers.

PhinsRock said:
First off I'll take a win, mostly because we need more playing time for our OL and defensive secondary to gel. If the game were later in the season, I would have preferred to play them at full strength, so we see where we are at in our competitive abilities. But being the first game, and it being at their stadium if we win, I'm a happy camper.
:yeahthat:

Exactly how I feel. I personally feel that injuries are a part of the game, so I don't mind that they have a few when we play them. But, if you want to use the game as a barometer and have everyone healthy, I'd prefer it to be near the end of the season rather than the first game.

TorontoFin said:
This is what i wrote yesterday in a similar thread. It applies here as well..

Big Ben and his teammates are wearing SB rings because they took out Palmer last year. Not one of them, nor their fans, would take that incident back. No way.
I don't wish injury on anyone. But if it happens and works to our advantage, well, I'll take it. No one sheds tears when we sustain injuries to key players, and neither will I for others. That's sports.

Exactly. What happens if NE wins the division because Peyton Manning is hurt and unable to play and they beat the Colts, yet he's healthy by the last week of the season, throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's and beats us? Does anyone really believe NE fans are going to think "Gee, wrapping up the division title is nice, but I really wanted to play the Colts with Manning at QB"?

PatsSuck456 said:
It is going to annoy me though, if we hear this crap if we win: "The Dolphins only won because Pittsburgh didn't have Big Ben". I guess some people love to make excuses though.

I understand your point. But really, who cares? look at the sched. with this win, we could be 7-0 at the bye. It is a good possibility. At that point, no fin fan would even remember ben was out in week 1.

So many posters have been saying how worried they are about our depth at running back, linebacker, defensive secondary, and about Harrington being an adequate backup. Well this is the other side of the coin, every team faces the prospect of losing players during the year but its their staffs responsibility to see that they have adequate backups to play the game. If the Steelers staff have made good decisions and prepared properly this will be a competitive game and not a cake walk by any means, The Steelers still have a good team and their formidable defense is still intact. I am sure their defense will be fired up to make up for their missing starters on offense. One thing is for sure, Cowher is a good coach and he will have his team prepared and inspired as some other people see them as as a possible underdog at home due to the missing players.

TorontoFin said:
I understand your point. But really, who cares? look at the sched. with this win, we could be 7-0 at the bye. It is a good possibility. At that point, no fin fan would even remember ben was out in week 1.

7-0 AT THE BYE WEEK? Come on man, this is not the 72 Dolphins here. Ill be happy with 4-3 very happy with 5-2! Remember this team won 4 games 2 years ago!!

If Culpepper couldn't go, any Joey was the starter, do you really think the Pittsburgh fans would be saying, "I wish Daunte was playing, it'll be a cheap win because Joey was playing"?? No way.

volk said:
I wish we were playing the Steelers at full strength. I think the loss of Ben and the potential sitting of Ward will make it easier to win this game than it would have been otherwise. I'm not saying winning this game will be easy, I know it won't, I just prefer the team be tested against the best.

Just win baby

FinNation13 said:
7-0 AT THE BYE WEEK? Come on man, this is not the 72 Dolphins here. Ill be happy with 4-3 very happy with 5-2! Remember this team won 4 games 2 years ago!!

Yeah and 9 one year ago. Car went from a 1-win season to teh SB in 2 years. Who cares how many games they've won two years ago? What I said is with that vanilla first half sched (have you even looked at it?) there is a POSSIBILITY of 7-0 IF we can beat Pitt. I don't know what I said was so controversial.
BTW if you're happy with 4-3 at the easiest part of our season, then it doesn't take much to please you, does it?

we havent won yet. how about we just get the win, period, and start off the season 1-0 with four hand me games following. our team is a bunch of new parts, theyll need a few games to click as it is. in this divivsion with the pats every single win counts. well be challenged enough later in the season

ckparrothead said:
I think that's kind of a misguided sentiment, no offense. Injuries and depth are a part of the game.

To me, wishing Ben were healthy so we could play them at "full strength" would be like wishing the Bills would have signed Drew Brees, LeCharles Bentley, and LaVar Arrington during the off season so that we could have played them "at full strength".

THank You. Do I fear the Steelers?...NO. Am I happy we have a better chance to go 1-0 HELL YES!

Back
Top Bottom