Anyone else drooling over this defense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else drooling over this defense?

Also not ready to drool yet, but dribbling a little, since we improved our talent and last year the defense did well, but not great. Capers will help Saban turn that around, combine that with the dramatic improvements in our offensive talent and we look good this year.

In Saban We Trust!

I'm not drooling, but I'm curious, our db's are my biggest concern along with a backup nose tackle. I just hope the db's gel and and don't get torch..but mini camp didn't sound as great db wise. I remember Chambers saying he'd never seen a cb like surtain, haven't heard anything like that this mini camp or OTA's days. So I'm a little concern, but hopefully by the middle of TC those concerns are replaced with optimisum..

The only concern I have about our defense is our secondary, but I can't wait to see how our defense performs with Dom Capers as our DC.

Not really.

I'm actually very concerned about the LB corps and secondary.

Truth be told, the line doesn't inspire me much either, though I think
that may be the strongest, deepest unit.

I'm more interested to see what we are going to do on the offensive side of the ball. Good coordinator with a new QB, pretty good receivers, and a 2nd overall pick waiting to break out. I want to see what the defense is going to do as well but i'm more interested in the offense.

FinaticalOne said:
5 of these 8 guys run the 40 in the 4.3 range

Who? the only two i know are will allen and shirdonya mitchell.

Hasane said:
Who? the only two i know are will allen and shirdonya mitchell.

Renaldo Hill, Shirdonya Mitchell, Andre' Goodman, Jason Allen, and Will Allen all ran 40s in the 4.3 range.

PressCoverage said:
Took a real hard look at the defensive side of the ball today....

A nice mix of youth and veteran leadership...

Good depth in the trenchess.... Very raw, moldable young monsters up front...

A plethora of scrappy, athletic young DBs.... Most of whom are versatile, good vs. the run, and quick...

A coach and coordinator who attack and adjust...

And, oh, those linebackers...

I'm predicting a top 10 unit, with potential for top 5 if Wright and Wright pan out...

I'm with ya here....the thing that impresses me most is the QUALITY depth. I hope we can use that to keep the unit fresh and strong for 4 quarters. If so, we are a force to be sure.

Bill C said:
The only glimpse we have right now was all of the MC reports of our QBs completing pass after pass after pass - long, medium, and short - against this unit. Granted, there was no jamming or bumping and running, but I would have like to have heard more positives on the DBs and LBs from the 7/7 drills.

Only time will tell.

No one's ever happy. Our new Qb's make some long sought after completions and now our D is bad. If our D stops the Passes and the QB then the offense looks bad. I guess the only way of really knowing we have a good team is if the O looks at the D and the D looks at the O and they both approach the ref at the exact same time and declare a forfeit.

Another byproduct of how well I expect our offense to be will be to give the defense a lot more rest by being on the field less. This will allow them to stay fresh, not to mention, I am personally feeling a lot better with our offense's ability to score points, and lots of them. This too will help the defense in taking some chances that will hopefully pay off more times then not, but, if not, then it is good to know we have the offensive than can get those points right back. I think by week 3 or 4, this defense is going to be hitting on all cylinders and create sleepless nights for many O-Coordinators.

I am pretty much going to just echo most of the posts.

I like this Defense but until I see the secondary perform, and perform well, I think thats our weak spot.

I am happy with the front line and the LBs.

People say we need more depth but I think we'll be OK at that spot.

The secondary though has a bunch of people that have never worked together, though they have potential, but they haven't exactly set the world on fire.

The big thing I'm looking forward to with this defense is that most of them will now have a year of this system under their belts, so that not only can we add more wrinkles, but players will be more assured and instinctual in what they're doing rather than having to think too much.

Back
Top Bottom