Anyone else feeling Numb going into todays Game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feeling Numb going into todays Game?

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
I recently got out of my semi-depressed state following the embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills. Now, I've entered the Numb state which mean I want my team to win this game and hopefully advance towards the playoffs. I will cheer and yell and try my-best to play the roll of the 12th man. But, I believe I'm fully prepared to accept the situation if things don't go our way.

We are conditioned for disappointment. I really want this, but I'm prepared for the worst as always.

I'm always ready to expect things not to go out way. I was ready to accept the loss to the steelers until brown stepped out. When we've been so bad for almost the entire time I have been a fan you get used to it.

We are conditioned for disappointment. I really want this, but I'm prepared for the worst as always.

I'm always ready to expect things not to go out way. I was ready to accept the loss to the steelers until brown stepped out. When we've been so bad for almost the entire time I have been a fan you get used to it.

Completely understandable but I think the Bills lost was special. Because, had they won that game following wins against the Steeler, Patriots and Bills i really think it would have sent a very strong message to everyone. The Dolphins are for real and a serious threat going into the playoffs(this also assumed they beat the Jets). Not only that but I believe would have created a nice pulse amongst the fan-base. No Doubt!

Today beating the Jets is necessary, but not enough for redemption. They will also have to beat their wildcard opponent (assuming they get that far) to create a meaningful sense of excitement again, IMO.

Just want the game to start. Have a bad feeling but I'm hoping those are just nerves!! Go fins

I recently got out of my semi-depressed state following the embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills. Now, I've entered the Numb state which mean I want my team to win this game and hopefully advance towards the playoffs. I will cheer and yell and try my-best to play the roll of the 12th man. But, I believe I'm fully prepared to accept the situation if things don't go our way.

I think you nailed the feelings of many this week, at least for me. This season has been one hell of a WILD ride, and should end up with a WILD card but, there have been sooo many ups and downs that I'm kinda numb as well.

Let me play doctor here. Take at least two six packs, start the medication NOW, get PUMPED to kick the jets ass, and call me in the morning (or later today). :)

As a true Dolphin fan we never know which team is going to show up. The one who beat the Pats and Steelers or the one last week who laid an egg. If by chance we win this game, we won't be scaring any other team in the playoffs. They will all want to play us. But I ALWAYS enjoy beating the Jests! That would be a nice way to close the season anyway.

I am with you. I feel like I should be very excited for today's game, but the bills game seems to have broken something inside me when it comes to this team. Maybe a dominant performance today can bring back some excitement, but as of right now I feel like I am expecting to miss the playoffs and would not be surprised if it is due to us losing today.

As a true Dolphin fan we never know which team is going to show up. The one who beat the Pats and Steelers or the one last week who laid an egg. If by chance we win this game, we won't be scaring any other team in the playoffs. They will all want to play us. But I ALWAYS enjoy beating the Jests! That would be a nice way to close the season anyway.

I think how we play today will dictate whether other teams are scared of playing us should we make the playoffs. The team that beat the Steelers and the Patriots back to back is a scary team...the team that looked terrible last week is not. This team had an emotional let down last week after the big win vs. the Patriots. That, along with the weather wasn't handled very well.....I expect they will come out jacked up today....

I'm excited for the game! A good solid performance today and a nice big "W" adds a lot of validation to the season, regardless what happens in the playoff scenarios. Plus....I hate the Jets.

not me im really excited. cant wait

Exactly. It's game day. Another opportunity. Another chance at redemption. Another day to change the fortunes of this franchise.

Perception isn't changed in the off season, of from Monday to Saturday. It's changed on Sunday afternoons.

Game day... nothing better.

Definately numb!
If for only once this season, a few players, a few coaches could show some determination, some confidence, or something that says this game is different and they will go out and play their best game of the season.
We have a hard time going into games because it's a mystery as to who will show up.
Belichik and Philbin are both low key types. But they have differences. Belichik shows that he develops a plan to come out every play and swing for homeruns. Philbin likes to manage games.
Belichik has always been a step on the throat coach, Philbin is not. After a blow out, Belichik was asked why he scored so many points when they were clearly going to win. He said because there was no time left on the clock for more.
I feel Philbin is holding emotion back TOO much.

It would be just like the Dolphins to lose today and have Baltimore lose and SD win. Both scenarios complete but we blow it.

The four remaining sixth seed possibles.....Miami, Baltimore, San Diego and Pittsburgh all need help....nobody controls their own destiny, BUT we are in the catbird seat and are favored in both games....us winning and Cincy beating Balto.

Definately numb!
If for only once this season, a few players, a few coaches could show some determination, some confidence, or something that says this game is different and they will go out and play their best game of the season.
We have a hard time going into games because it's a mystery as to who will show up.
Belichik and Philbin are both low key types. But they have differences. Belichik shows that he develops a plan to come out every play and swing for homeruns. Philbin likes to manage games.
Belichik has always been a step on the throat coach, Philbin is not. After a blow out, Belichik was asked why he scored so many points when they were clearly going to win. He said because there was no time left on the clock for more.
I feel Philbin is holding emotion back TOO much.

Ruthless and I love it! Sometimes honestly like in the Bills game I want one of our players to get into a big-ass tussle. Just to show that desire, heart, passion flows through those veins and to wake his team up.

I want coach Philbin to lose his manure! Take that Gatorade Pitcher(assuming he can lift it) and throw it right on the field at Wheeler or some other bum not playing up to par.

Back
Top Bottom