Anyone else feeling Numb going into todays Game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feeling Numb going into todays Game?

If this game a "win-and-in", like it should be, I would be more excited for this game than just about any in the past 13 years. The Favre game in 2008 was exciting, but there wasn't a big future with an aging Pennington and we didn't know much about Henne. If we beat Buffalo last week, there would have been a clear trend upwards for the franchise...an opportunity to clinch a playoff spot, finish 10-6, 4-2 in the division, with a second-year QB getting the job done, etc.

Instead we had the debacle last week that made me question the coaching staff's capabilities, and reminded me of the same.old Dolphins, always choking in a big spot. Just enough to draw you in and then crush your spirit.

I'm interested to see how we come out to start. Are we going to be flat or are we gonna smack them from the beginning? Mix it up or play conservatively ?

Hoping for the best... Expecting the worst. PLEASE win today boys.

If this game a "win-and-in", like it should be, I would be more excited for this game than just about any in the past 13 years. The Favre game in 2008 was exciting, but there wasn't a big future with an aging Pennington and we didn't know much about Henne. If we beat Buffalo last week, there would have been a clear trend upwards for the franchise...an opportunity to clinch a playoff spot, finish 10-6, 4-2 in the division, with a second-year QB getting the job done, etc.

Instead we had the debacle last week that made me question the coaching staff's capabilities, and reminded me of the same.old Dolphins, always choking in a big spot. Just enough to draw you in and then crush your spirit.

COMPLETELY captures how I think many fans are feeling (definitely resonates with how I'm feeling about my Fins... "lackluster" also says it best for me).

Obviously, I want us to win today... my doubts, again, are with the coaches - particularly Mike Sherman. As inconsistent as our defense can be at times with its bend-but-don't break tendencies... it's our offense that has cost us games this year (and last year, too). And at the risk of sounding like a broken record... I lay the bulk of the blame at Mike Sherman's feet.

The one bit of good news I take from this season - no matter what happens today - is that the offense HAS shown marked improvement from 2012... especially T-hill (he's the real deal, I think we can all comfortably agree)... so there's been progress... just not as much as I'd like to have seen and strongly believe we could/should have seen (we should already have 10 wins and a playoff spot locked up).

I recently got out of my semi-depressed state following the embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills. Now, I've entered the Numb state which mean I want my team to win this game and hopefully advance towards the playoffs. I will cheer and yell and try my-best to play the roll of the 12th man. But, I believe I'm fully prepared to accept the situation if things don't go our way.

The team kicked Fin Fans in the nuts last Sunday. The pain gives way to numbness. Hopefully today will heal the injury.

im surprised there isnt a ton of people calling all those who say they have a bad feeling or are used to being let down fake fans and vags. seems the only way you can be a "true" dolphin fan is tell the whole world how great we are and how we're gonna kill the jets and make a deep playoff run! and also what a great coach philbin is and how tannehill is without question a true franchise qb. and how last week meant nothing and the past 20 years are in the past....this team stinks and they proved it last week. if not for one inch in that steeler game today would mean nothing!

I'm an optimist since life is too short to complain, be numb, or be pessimistic. I'm not numb about today, I'm excited we are still relevant in week 17 and could be headed to playoffs

Ruthless and I love it! Sometimes honestly like in the Bills game I want one of our players to get into a big-ass tussle. Just to show that desire, heart, passion flows through those veins and to wake his team up.

I want coach Philbin to lose his manure! Take that Gatorade Pitcher(assuming he can lift it) and throw it right on the field at Wheeler or some other bum not playing up to par.

Philbin could at least dig up a big buger and thump it at the player..or hack up a big luger and spit on the field....something demonstrative..

im surprised there isnt a ton of people calling all those who say they have a bad feeling or are used to being let down fake fans and vags. seems the only way you can be a "true" dolphin fan is tell the whole world how great we are and how we're gonna kill the jets and make a deep playoff run! and also what a great coach philbin is and how tannehill is without question a true franchise qb. and how last week meant nothing and the past 20 years are in the past....this team stinks and they proved it last week. if not for one inch in that steeler game today would mean nothing!

Feel better about yourself? Seriously are you 12 or something ? lol

EqRJH-1.gif

Clap us a win Joe, clap us a win...

yeah man i feel so much better about myself....jackass

The Canes got destroyed last night.

That means we win today!

Glad you can finally let that out and maybe just maybe, you can not post mindless garbage before every game.

I feel pretty good about Miami's chances. I'm optimistic and a bit excited.

If you labeled Miami Team A and New York Team B, so that I could take my 'damn Dolphins gonna choke' fears out of the equation, I would feel very good about Team A's chances.

I also think San Diego's starters -- who already beat KC's starters in KC -- will beat KC's backups at home. So I feel very good about our chances today even though I think Baltimore probably beats up Andy Dalton again.

Back
Top Bottom