anyone else find Steve Smiths diaper wipe in poor taste? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else find Steve Smiths diaper wipe in poor taste?

scenaria

Wheres the hookah?
Reaction score
Steve Smith can go through an entire production and get away with it? just in poor taste.. what is it with all of the complex celebration? I like the ones that are spontaneous but the rehearsed ones can get annoying after awhile.

The NFL is gonna put a stop to this and a stop to all of the sack dances and poses. It has gotten out of hand.

MikeO said:
The NFL is gonna put a stop to this and a stop to all of the sack dances and poses. It has gotten out of hand.

I think you are correct, if they can't restrain themselves the NFL will do it for them.

cnc66 said:
I think you are correct, if they can't restrain themselves the NFL will do it for them.

And this stuff never used to bother me, but a few brief examples......

Travis Daniels breaks up a pass (after getting burned for 3 TD's) and he is on one knee doing some goofty pose.

Michael Strahan looked like a total jackass on Sunday. After his sacks running 3 yards away from the play to stand alone and doing some KING KONG pose or something.

Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, T.O.........nuff said.

It has gotten so out of hand its a joke at this point.

MikeO said:
And this stuff never used to bother me, but a few brief examples......

Travis Daniels breaks up a pass (after getting burned for 3 TD's) and he is on one knee doing some goofty pose.

Michael Strahan looked like a total jackass on Sunday. After his sacks running 3 yards away from the play to stand alone and doing some KING KONG pose or something.

Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, T.O.........nuff said.

It has gotten so out of hand its a joke at this point.

Daniels did the classic Sam Madison pose.

I don't care. It adds SOME fun to the NFL. Few people were laughing at Hooters last night when they saw it. Just don't hold the ball out at someone!

Its gotten to the point where everyone is trying to outdo each other and each week theres a new gimmick or td show. I just think its gotten so contrived and over the top that I am starting to hope the NFL puts a stop to it. The diaper wipe just wasnt funny, it was stupid. Teams should be policing this stuff inhouse, Id like to see an owner or coach putting a stop to some of this nonsense. Take a look at the alltime greats like Rice, Sanders, etc they brought a ton of attention to themselves by just playing great. Its the 2nd tier players that pull these stunts to get more attention and place themselves above the teams. The truly great players dont need these stunts.

I thought it was stupid. I liked Chad Johnson's golf imitation though. T.O's celebrations are always good. Steve Smith isn't very creative. I mean, he laid down in our endzone to pose.

FinsNCanes said:
Daniels did the classic Sam Madison pose.

I don't care. It adds SOME fun to the NFL. Few people were laughing at Hooters last night when they saw it. Just don't hold the ball out at someone!

The thing about McMichael's taunt and penatly is that he was taunting a single player, which even though the call took a lot of heat here, I do agree with, plus the NFL has taunting rules. But even though all these stupid celebrations aren't directed towards someone, they are a lot worse than what McMicahel did, and thus like MikeO said... the NFL should make some changes.

Short of the player handing the REF the ball it’s all the same crap to me. It’s worthless and quite telling just why those players play the game. It's all about them/ME at that moment and for a team game I think that is pure poison!

Its a game, its exciting to score, let them have a little fun as long as they dont mock the other team

Alex22 said:
Its a game, its exciting to score, let them have a little fun as long as they dont mock the other team

You do realize that these celebrations are talking place in the opposing teams endzone?

byroan said:
Steve Smith isn't very creative. I mean, he laid down in our endzone to pose.

rowing a boat against the vikings? sword fighting like a pirate against the buccaneers? c'mon those were good.

LightsOut said:
rowing a boat against the vikings? sword fighting like a pirate against the buccaneers? c'mon those were good.

The boat was good...sword fight has been done many times before.

I dunno....when its meaningless, maybe you should act like youve been there before. I can see when its big time and someone does the Lambeau leap or the Nestea Plunge....but for a first down in the second quarter? Thats dumbazz to me

Lou Holtz said it best when someone asked him about a player being able to take his helmet off after scoring a TD. Lou said sure, as long as he takes his helmet off when he fumbles the ball too.

Back
Top Bottom