anyone else find Steve Smiths diaper wipe in poor taste? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else find Steve Smiths diaper wipe in poor taste?

they can just put a time limit on it and it will stop most of these over the top productions.. say you celebrate in the end zone for a touch down and your celebration consumes more than 3 seconds. you lose the touch down... yea thats it haha

Im 15 I play WR, no matter when you get into the endzone you wanna make people remember and provide a laugh, I did a T.O Sharpie sign the ball in one of our games, everyone thought it was hilarious, even the other team, all players celebrate, so why care what they do when everyone else does the same?

scenaria said:
Steve Smith can go through an entire production and get away with it? just in poor taste.. what is it with all of the complex celebration? I like the ones that are spontaneous but the rehearsed ones can get annoying after awhile.

Yeah, that was the stupidest one I've ever seen. I'm still wondering why the NFL has said anything about THAT one, yet our players get fined for a little taunt. :rolleyes:

CalDolFan10x14 said:
Yeah, that was the stupidest one I've ever seen. I'm still wondering why the NFL has said anything about THAT one, yet our players get fined for a little taunt. :rolleyes:

maybe they think it was so stupid that it being seen nationally is punishment enough for him lol

Alex22 said:
Im 15 I play WR, no matter when you get into the endzone you wanna make people remember and provide a laugh, I did a T.O Sharpie sign the ball in one of our games, everyone thought it was hilarious, even the other team, all players celebrate, so why care what they do when everyone else does the same?

Yeah, id have been laughing at ya too.....too bad that would get in the way of really appreciating the score. What the celebration does is belittle what youve done and take away from the other 10 guys that made it possible. Wheres the LG celebration, ya know the one who stopped the DT from hitting the QB and making that pass to you? Or the RB who picked up the blitzing corner?

Like i said...just act like youve been there before. If its a big score (game winning or tying) sure, a spike or a leap....but something like autographing a ball or wiping your butt on the goal post is just stupid.

Not calling you stupid btw....just your action there. Sportsmanship and class still have a place. Hell, nowadays youd be the exception to the rule and really stand out if you just flipped the ball to the ref.

the butt wipe was stupid I agree. and its disrespectful. but celebrations in general are fun

besides I always make sure everyone on the team knows its just as much their TD as mine, I even try to come up w new celebrations with them so during the game they want to see it all come together, its just for fun its not as serious as some of u guys are making it

Alex22 said:
the butt wipe was stupid I agree. and its disrespectful. but celebrations in general are fun

besides I always make sure everyone on the team knows its just as much their TD as mine, I even try to come up w new celebrations with them so during the game they want to see it all come together, its just for fun its not as serious as some of u guys are making it

See...if you gotta think about it to the point you plan it out.....it aint fun.

And honestly, if someone had done something like that on a field i was playing on, they would have been breathiing out there ear hole. Celebratings fine, the minute you try and show me up, its on. Whats fun for you is an insult to someone else's pride. You dont rub salt in a wound and not expect the wounded to hit back at some point.

Besides, how many of those pathetic celebrations have we seen from the last few superbowl teams? Not many, because it celebrates the individual and not the team.

Just my point of view

MoFinz said:
See...if you gotta think about it to the point you plan it out.....it aint fun.

And honestly, if someone had done something like that on a field i was playing on, they would have been breathiing out there ear hole. Celebratings fine, the minute you try and show me up, its on. Whats fun for you is an insult to someone else's pride. You dont rub salt in a wound and not expect the wounded to hit back at some point.

Besides, how many of those pathetic celebrations have we seen from the last few superbowl teams? Not many, because it celebrates the individual and not the team.

Just my point of view

And you are partially right

My theory is this

The other team is gonna celebrate to, so why shouldnt I? Its not to show anyone up, just to have fun and get fan reaction

copying someone is just lame. and thats very much what has been happening lately with the celebrating. they might not copy the actual act but they copy by trying to outdo eachother. it really is pretty damn cheezy and I really wouldnt be surprised if the league does put in some new rules for next year..

oh and think about it.. why would you want to celebrate because the other team did? show em up.. toss the ref the ball (like youve been there before and its no biggie) and move on.. to me thats what being a pro is all about.. been there, done that attitude.

Anyone who plays WR understands celebrations, anyone who doesnt, doesnt see it the same way

Its not about showing eachother up, its just fun, thats all

Alex22 said:
Anyone who plays WR understands celebrations, anyone who doesnt, doesnt see it the same way

Its not about showing eachother up, its just fun, thats all

Yeah, cuz next to kickers, WR's are the wussiest guys on the team usually :lol:

Alex22 said:
And you are partially right

My theory is this

The other team is gonna celebrate to, so why shouldnt I? Its not to show anyone up, just to have fun and get fan reaction

In other words, draw attention to you, and not the team.

Honestly, as much as you think i dont get this i do. And its selfish, no matter how you want to paint it

FinsNCanes said:
Daniels did the classic Sam Madison pose.

I dont' care what it is, he looks like a jackass. Especially after he was burned all friggin day long.

Alex22 said:
So? who cares? As long as you dont get in the other teams face, its all in good fun

You are in their endzone it is direspectful, period. Of course the way things are today all standards have been ignored so long most ppl don't realize what exactly is going on in the 1st place!

I didn't even understand what he was doing until i saw it 100 times on the highlights. It really wasn't that funny, or that good, or that creative. It was a lousy celebration, as for tasteless i really wish people would stop complaining about everything.

Back
Top Bottom