Anyone else find themselves appreciating Wanstedtt and Fielder more these days? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else find themselves appreciating Wanstedtt and Fielder more these days?

I miss seeing the Dolphins consistently have winning records and making the play-offs. Obviously the last time they did that was when Wanny and Fiedler were here, although as others have mentioned, that was when the descent of this franchise started. Each year they got progressively worse, culminating in the 2004 disaster, and with the exception of 2008, it's been mediocrity or worse ever since.

I didn't buy the hype before the season started, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS bad.

Can you explain what a difference maker is, exactly? Where's the proof?

You're another one of those delusional armchair qb's that think the entire team rests on the QBs shoulders. You know nothing of what a team is. Please go back to your La-z-boy and your beer and stick to yelling at the tv.

As opposed to the couch you watch from right? I love arm chair QB's calling out ACQB's.

I don't really miss Wanny or Fiedler, but I do miss having a shot at the post season every year.

It's starting to feel like we will just never be good again. :idk:

This was a classic 4pm game for fiedler where we had no shot whatsoever...just brought back awful memories

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Possibly, but somehow I think blowing a 24-13 lead to the Pats in week 17 in a win and you're in game is more like Tannehill than it was Fiedler.

Realllllly????????????????

Remember that 2003 game against the Patriots. I think it was an 11-point lead late and we blew it. That was the start of the crap we've dealt with for the last 12 years. No way do I appreciate Wannstedt. He's as big as joke as Philbin, just had a better defense.

No Wanny is not hurting us anymore. Any players we could have drafted from sucking back then would be gone now. There's been plenty of time to recover from Wanny he's no longer an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let's see... the OL, DL, LB's, Cb's, and S'S were all better than the current players on this team. We could have really went places with that team/defense, and this QB.

Fiedler was a better QB than any QB we've had up to Tannehill. AND he could complete a deep ball.

As for Wanny.. he inherited an already good team and ran it into the ground. But I'd take him over Philbin any day.

I don't really miss Wanny or Fiedler, but I do miss having a shot at the post season every year.

It's starting to feel like we will just never be good again. :idk:

As bad as Philbin has been, we had a lead shot at playoffs the last two years. But when success is actually within reach is when Philbin and his mentally weak team show their true colors. So many games lost where one more good play would have won it, easily into double digits at this point for "Should have wons". And then after all of that crap, this team needed to win one in their last two games in 2013 and they were in the playoffs, and they came out with the most uninspired play imaginable. A supposedly more mature team is almost assured of getting a WC spot if they beat the Ravens last year, and they blow a double digit lead and lose by double digits.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Fiedler was a better QB than any QB we've had up to Tannehill. AND he could complete a deep ball.

As for Wanny.. he inherited an already good team and ran it into the ground. But I'd take him over Philbin any day.

Uhh, Pennington?

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

And picked Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees.
End of thread.

Everyone passed on Drew Brees once. The Chargers gave up on Drew Brees and only chance gave him another shot to make something of himself.

Back
Top Bottom