Anyone else mad about Edwards going to K.C.? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else mad about Edwards going to K.C.?

Want to know a scary idea????

What if the Jets Hire Kirk Ferentz as their HC... That would make 3 teams in the AFC East with Parcells tree coaches. Kirk was on the Cleveland team with saban and BB.

Scaryiness!!!

a players coach and great motivator. Bad personnel descisions. Bad Cap management.

IMO because of his loyalty he gave to much $ to Martin and to Pennington. shouldnt of traded Moss and should of kept Jordan. oh yea almost forgot... he signed Fiedler.

3 out of 5 years. Yeah I know all this, but the squeaked in when NE beat us. I just have never been impressed. I have my opinion he is terrible. I know some of you have mentioned he was two kicks from the AFC Championship, but you cannot go off of "what ifs". He is what he is. He has failed miserably rebuilding the Jets. He was living off Parcels people for the most part. Remember Switzer? Made it to the big game with Johnson's team and them failed miserably. I just think the Jets record this year reflects what Edwards has done to Parcels team. Can you really disagree? He was as bas as Wanny with his loyalty to Pennington.

MO'GREEN said:
a players coach and great motivator. Bad personnel descisions. Bad Cap management.

IMO because of his loyalty he gave to much $ to Martin and to Pennington. shouldnt of traded Moss and should of kept Jordan. oh yea almost forgot... he signed Fiedler.

in other words he' Wanny's clone. Just pull out a dictionary and look for Herm Edwards..you'll see something like "SEE DAVE WANNSTEDT"

hdjetta6316 said:
Want to know a scary idea????

What if the Jets Hire Kirk Ferentz as their HC... That would make 3 teams in the AFC East with Parcells tree coaches. Kirk was on the Cleveland team with saban and BB.

Scaryiness!!!

that is pretty scary but I think Saban will be the best of the 3...in the long run. BB admitted the other day Saban is actually a hell of a teacher.

vanquenton said:
Edwards has had the Jets in the Playoffs three times in five years. They were two missed FG's from the AFC Championship game last year. I hardly think that constitutes calling someone terrible.

Yeah, and the only reason they were in the second round was because the San Diego kicker missed a field goal the week before. He's nothing special. It just sucks that the Jets are going to get more draft picks out of this.

FinFaninMS said:
Yeah, and the only reason they were in the second round was because the San Diego kicker missed a field goal the week before. He's nothing special. It just sucks that the Jets are going to get more draft picks out of this.

and a chance of hiring a better coach..what the heck is K.C. thinking??

hpythons said:
and a chance of hiring a better coach..what the heck is K.C. thinking??

another stupid move by carl peterson.

like herm is going to move them over the top.

stupid carl.

if this happens...Miami will Play 7 games next year against teams with New Head Coaches.....Jets (2) Houston...KC...Packers...Lions...Vikings. Thats alot of new beginnings.....

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Hey, look at the bright side. A coaching vacancy in New Jersey gives the J-E-S-T the chance to hire Martz or Tice, or better yet, find the 21st Century Rich Kotite!

:lol: True that.

I live here in NJ and he was on the Michael Kay show 3 weeks ago saying that he would never leave, he love the Jets, blah, blah, blah....

I hate the jets with a burning passion of a thousand suns and am glad that this will set them back 3 years at least, but I did respect Herm. I did.

Herm was a good Corner back in the day, and seems like a great guy, BUT....

He does not look like a good coach to me. His press conferences are hilarious. He seems completely overwhelmed. I'm not sure why he has such a good rep.

If I was a KC fan I'd be upset as well. It could be worse though. Lions fans have to deal with Millen possibly hiring Haslett. Now that would be horrible. Firing Mooch was a sad, pathetic move IMHO. Mariucci is a good coach, certainley better than Herm Edwards...

MiamiDLFIN said:
3 out of 5 years. Yeah I know all this, but the squeaked in when NE beat us. I just have never been impressed. I have my opinion he is terrible. I know some of you have mentioned he was two kicks from the AFC Championship, but you cannot go off of "what ifs". He is what he is. He has failed miserably rebuilding the Jets. He was living off Parcels people for the most part. Remember Switzer? Made it to the big game with Johnson's team and them failed miserably. I just think the Jets record this year reflects what Edwards has done to Parcels team. Can you really disagree? He was as bas as Wanny with his loyalty to Pennington.

Can you tell me one team that could have a great year after losing their top two QB's and starting RB?

vanquenton said:
Can you tell me one team that could have a great year after losing their top two QB's and starting RB?

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Bellichick could do it. It is more about coaching than most people admit. The Patsies have been doing this for years now. They have lost 7 DB's and are still getting hotter by the day. Herm Edwards is a nice guy, but I just don't think he is a good coach. I am going to hate to see him leave. The only reason we got beat by him during Wanny's tenure was we were out coached. Not hard to do against Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom