Anyone else nervous we come out FLAT against the Pats? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else nervous we come out FLAT against the Pats?

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine! However, if you've watch this team long enough you've undoubtedly seen them get into position where a game really matters, like recently against "Tennessee" and "Buffalo" and "unbelievable" come out flat and play like **** considering whats at stake.

It's one thing to lose to the PATS thats completely understandable. IMO it's completely INEXCUSABLE for us to lose without giving them hell! Very few of us have played "profession" football but at every other non-profession sports I've personally played my pride and passion NEVER let me lose without making the other guy pay for his victory.

Wes Welker wants to be fancy across the middle? No problem, hope you have headless insurance!
T.Brady wants to go deep? No Problem, hope you have half-a-gut-remaining insurance!

Even when and if my my opponent won they NEVER/EVER relished the thought of a rematch.

What are the chances this team comes out fiery and ready to play sunday? I'm almost convinced with "our exceptions" being so high as fans like past situations this team lays a BIG FAT EGG!!

I swear to god as a man if they come out without ANY kind of passion or fire in their belly I will get on my couch and immediately start crying like a girl VERY VERY loudly!

After last week I would hope not, but with this team, anything is a toss-up.

If NE is on their game.. we better hope not.

Not worried. However, the Pats are so good we might look bad.

The Fins should have learned their lesson vs. Tennessee a few weeks ago.

Could it happen maybe but after coming back after the kick return for a TD last week, its not something I'm "nervous" about. I feel like this team took a big step last week in confidence. The team has shown great character. We might just looks really bad cuz the Pats are so good.

Not worried. However, the Pats are so good we might look bad.

The Fins should have learned their lesson vs. Tennessee a few weeks ago.

No such thing! Football is very much an "expressive" sport. If your playing like you want to win the game it VERY VERY easy to see REGARDLESS of how good the other team is. HOW you ask?

By making Wes Welker PAY for every catch he makes across the middle and Brady PAY for some throws(All legally of course).
They day you see S.Smith with his size lights up a smaller receiver, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.
When you SEE Bush actually HIT the hole with some authority, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.
When you see sometimes "Lazy" Starks truly chase after the play, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.

No such thing! Football is very much an "expressive" sport. If your playing like you want to win the game it VERY VERY easy to see REGARDLESS of how good the other team is. HOW you ask?

By making Wes Welker PAY for every catch he makes across the middle and Brady PAY for some throws(All legally of course).
They day you see S.Smith with his size lights up a smaller receiver, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.
When you SEE Bush actually HIT the hole with some authority, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.
When you see sometimes "Lazy" Starks truly chase after the play, BY GOT_DAMMIT you know.

I hate the pats. However, don't you think teams have tried what you are saying. It is about talent. It is about having athletes. It is having effective qb play. It is about a defense that can take the ball away. Miami is simply not in New England's league yet. Btw...nothing wrong with that just yet.

I hate the pats. However, don't you think teams have tried what you are saying. It is about talent. It is about having athletes. It is having effective qb play. It is about a defense that can take the ball away. Miami is simply not in New England's league yet. Btw...nothing wrong with that just yet.

Soooooo effectively your saying New England is such a superior football team that they can beat us without losing a few limbs? Last time I checked the Patriot's breathe the same air the Dolphins do and can Bleed like the Dolphins can! Brady might leave in victory but the cost is a wheel chair...Wes Welker may leave a winner but the cost is cruches.

The Patriots can and in all likelihood should win this game. However it should be at the cost of coming face to face with their deaths!

If they come out as flat as they did against Tennessee, none of us will be able to predict how many points the Patriots will score because none of us can count that high. Conversely it isnt hard to count to 3, which how many points the offense will score.

I just hope we dont get embaressed. They are much better than us all over the field.

Back
Top Bottom