Anyone else nervous we come out FLAT against the Pats? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else nervous we come out FLAT against the Pats?

If they come out as flat as they did against Tennessee, none of us will be able to predict how many points the Patriots will score because none of us can count that high. Conversely it isnt hard to count to 3, which how many points the offense will score.

So Tannehill can drop 17 pts in a single quarter against a top 3 defense, but will only manage to score 3 on a bottom feeding one? Smh. Get this pessimistic crap out of here. Their elite offense is not a mirror image, and by your "3 pts" comment that makes me believe you think so. No offense is a mirror image of their defense, completely different side of football.

So Tannehill can drop 17 pts in a single quarter against a top 3 defense, but will only manage to score 3 on a bottom feeding one? Smh. Get this pessimistic crap out of here.
um, it's certainly possible. How the hell did we lose to the bills and the titans?

um, it's certainly possible. How the hell did we lose to the bills and the titans?

Were you blind to see how poorly the defense played? They gave up pts quick and often and the offense had no time for a balanced attack, not to mention you're putting a game where Reggie Bush was benched in 70% of into your argument which makes it even less valid.

Were you blind to see how poorly the defense played? They gave up pts quick and often and the offense had no time for a balanced attack, not to mention you're putting a game where Reggie Bush was benched in 70% of into your argument which makes it even less valid.
you might want to drop the antagonism. first our d played like crap but so did the O. and both the O and the D are capable of playing with the best, they are both capable of playing at thier worst also. 3 points against the Pats d wouldn't surprise me. Nor would laying up 50 on the pats.

you might want to drop the antagonism. first our d played like crap but so did the O. and both the O and the D are capable of playing with the best, they are both capable of playing at thier worst also. 3 points against the Pats d wouldn't surprise me. Nor would laying up 50 on the pats.

I guess a sports debate in your dictionary = antagonism? No one should act like they know just what in the hell happened that day. It was an atrocity for any Dolphin fan who unfortunately attended that game. I am still laughing about your "antagonism" comment, that still has me rolling.

This game all comes down to our offense, plain and simple. We know full well that they are going to put up points against our D.........we just have to be able to do the same to them. Would be much happier if we at least made a game of it.

Daniel Thomas.."when I came out of tunnel and saw a half empty stadium I was down a bit"

I can only assume he speaks for most of his teammates.

This game all comes down to our offense, plain and simple. We know full well that they are going to put up points against our D.........we just have to be able to do the same to them. Would be much happier if we at least made a game of it.

Agree 100%. If we hold NE below their average of 35 points per game an lose.', the loss is on the offense. If we score more than 35 and lose its on the defense. Something tells me it will be on the defense no matter what according yo Finheaven.

I'm worried there's gonna be some kind of bad luck play that deflates our confidence. It's amazing how many games I see where the favored team has some kinda lucky play to stretch the spread. Remember that 2010 home game? Damn, everytime Miami would turn around, NE would run a punt back or something. The rich get richer, it seems.
It'll be hard enough anyway.
also, playing tight, or nervous, looks like 'flat' on tv. They k

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

As I was saying, they kinda just hav to play like they have nothing to lose. Have fun.

Opposite. Team should be very energized early. That's normally what happens after breaking a losing streak and the next game is at home. The problem will be sustaining anything, and Tannehill not getting demoralized late if New England simply proves to be superior.

I guess a sports debate in your dictionary = antagonism? No one should act like they know just what in the hell happened that day. It was an atrocity for any Dolphin fan who unfortunately attended that game. I am still laughing about your "antagonism" comment, that still has me rolling.
A word to the wise should be sufficient you wanna talk smack and bring attitude you'll find yourself pinked.

This game all comes down to our offense, plain and simple. We know full well that they are going to put up points against our D.........we just have to be able to do the same to them.

I agree. NE will score points, and Miami's defense (by some miracle) gives up a lot of yards but does okay limiting the opponents' scoring. It's on the offense to win this game. The key is last week's 4th quarter play against Seattle... did Sherman FINALLY figure out how to get his offense to score more than once in the 4th, or was it just luck?

We're definitely going to need to get some breaks in the game to win it. We need zero turnovers and need to force Patriots to turn it over (which they don't do much)

Daniel Thomas.."when I came out of tunnel and saw a half empty stadium I was down a bit"

I can only assume he speaks for most of his teammates.

This is what I've been trying to say for years...

People say "if they win we'll come"...but maybe they have trouble winning home games BECAUSE we don't come

The stadium will be full. It will hot and humid. A perfect settting to show them to a serious woodshed whooplng!

Back
Top Bottom