anyone else noticing Ronnie is missing holes? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else noticing Ronnie is missing holes?

SR 7 said:
he prob saw he could get the 1st so thats waht his insticts were the first sec his brain registered somethign but prob later with experience he'll realize those things and blow through holes. I rem. last year he missed many holes as well. Rem, he was a back up his whole career so all this right now is ntn but gainin good experience for him hopefully that is and fixes those minor errors.

Yeah, he wasn't really wrong in putting his head down and smashing up in there for that first down. It was important 1st down to keep our drive alive and he did what he probably figured was the safer thing and hit it up in there.

Holes, we don't need no stinking holes!!!!!!! :lol:

burghPhinFan said:
Last week I saw Ronnie miss a hole on the right side that would have let him into a HUGE area of no Jags for a HUGE gain, he chose to cut back up inside for a minimal gain. Watching the game this morning, during the drive that ended in a TD, Ronnie took the ball on a draw-the LB to his right went to cover the rec. leaving a good space to his right to try and exploit-but Ronnie ran straight ahead at the middle LB and was tackled. Don't get me wrong, I love Ronnie, but sometimes I wonder what he's thinking. Anyone else see that too?:confused:

i saw that too.. Thats where he needs to have better vision.. although when you see him plough through players its hard to really get down on him.

not sure if anyone else has said this but... some coaches will tell the back to get the first down. That's first priority. So you run the play your supposed to and if it opens up from there then great. But get the first down, that's number one. I would kill my player if he tried breaking one on 3rd down and he got tackled short of the first. The thing is... he might break one for a huge gain but the next time he might get tackled short. A great philosophy is to keep the drive alive by getting the first because you still have a chance to score. Something madden would say "you can't continue the drive, if you don't get the first down". Sounds ******ed but it's true.

burghPhinFan said:
Last week I saw Ronnie miss a hole on the right side that would have let him into a HUGE area of no Jags for a HUGE gain, he chose to cut back up inside for a minimal gain. Watching the game this morning, during the drive that ended in a TD, Ronnie took the ball on a draw-the LB to his right went to cover the rec. leaving a good space to his right to try and exploit-but Ronnie ran straight ahead at the middle LB and was tackled. Don't get me wrong, I love Ronnie, but sometimes I wonder what he's thinking. Anyone else see that too?:confused:

Funny you bring this up. Yes, I did see him miss a couple holes during the first two preseason games. I remember the exact play against the Jags that you are talking about. I think it is preseason though, and he is getting warmed up. Also, Ronnie is one of those backs that gets better as the game goes on. So I would think he may make a few mistakes early sometimes.

RB doesn't have elite vision. Both Caddy and RW have better vision. However, I think RB is the better all around back. Compared to those guys he is a better receiver, blocker and better at pushing the pile. I also think time will show that he is by far more reliable. RW is, of course, Mr. unreliable so that's not a very high bar, but I think physically he'll also hold up better than Caddy.

burghPhinFan said:

I saw it. I still think Ronnie will have a big year in 06.

burghPhinFan said:
Watching the game this morning, during the drive that ended in a TD, Ronnie took the ball on a draw-the LB to his right went to cover the rec. leaving a good space to his right to try and exploit-but Ronnie ran straight ahead at the middle LB and was tackled. Don't get me wrong, I love Ronnie, but sometimes I wonder what he's thinking. Anyone else see that too?

Yeah, I saw that, too. There's no excuse for it, really.

After every game, each player reviews their performance by giving each play a "+" or "-"

It's hard not to give Ronnie a "+" for that play because he picked up the 1st down, but I guarantee you Ronnie will not give himself a "+" for that play.

That being said, it's only one play. And while it was glaring on TV, there were plenty of other things Ronnie did really well.

I like the analogy that someone made about how a QB is not going to hit or see every wide open receiver, nor is every RB going to see every hole...

anyone else noticing Ronnie is missing holes?

BURGH: yes! i have been noticing it since he got on the field
last year!

and that was what his college coach said when asked why
cadillac was chosen over ronnie to be the starter. he said...

"cadillac sees the field so much better and has that wiggle
in the open field that ronnie just DOESN'T have"......

what your seeing is correct. and he was chosen WAY to
high in the draft and payed far to much money.

he is a great kid and can probably get us 1200 yds if he
stays healthy, but not worth where he was picked and
will never get the yards and td's to justify the money he
is making!!

he is tough and strong but has no moves. that will only
take him and the team so far.

you realise BURGH that you are now officially a "hater"..
..right?

hee-hee-hee.......

missing holes? maybe thats not the hole he's supposed to run through on that particular play. its not a video game.

I noticed that play too. As far as where the play is designed to go, that only directs him through the line. After that, it is wide open.

I have always heard that field vision cannot be taught. Ronnie is a good back IMO, and we will definitely see a lot of him this year. We'll know what we have in a month or so.

Personally id rather see him miss the hole but make a decision and go with it rather than doing an irish jig in the back field before even getting to the line of scrimmage and getting stuft before he even gets there. he may have missed some holes but he still has an over 4 ypc avg

I must say I have been torched around here over my expectations of Ronnie but I have liked what I have seen. He don't go down after 1st contact and he knows this is a marathon not a sprint but still runs hard. I don't know where this thread is coming from.

Back
Top Bottom