Anyone else pumped about J. Allen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else pumped about J. Allen?

auman416 said:
This kid is fast!! I think just him will make our secondary something to be reckoned with, but who will start behind Will Allen? Can poole come back or will it be daniels...? Thoughts.

I'm more pumped about Channing Crowder more than anything this year. Zach and Crowder are going to lead our team in tackles this year. If the front 7 can put constant pressure on the passer than the secondary is going to have a better chance to make plays.

ckparrothead said:
Somehow I missed Vertical's post.

Jason Allen does NOT have tackling issues. He is a highly disciplined wrap-up tackler that almost always brings his man down.

We grabbed Ronnie Brown because he could make even the good DBs look silly at times. He was the #2 overall, and the consensus among GMs was that he was in reality the best player in the 2005 draft.

What would concern you more? I tell you what would concern ME more, is if Ronnie Brown, best player in the 2005 draft, was consistently brought down for no yards after contact by Jason Allen, who was #16 in the 2006 draft. As I recall though, most of those tackles Jason did actually bring Ronnie down, Ronnie just got a couple of yards after contact each time. I don't seem to remember him blowing up Jason Allen then running the distance the way he did Greg Wesley or Mike Minter.

Exactly, thanks for elborating.

Back
Top Bottom