Anyone else sick of.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else sick of....

So somebody is bitching about giving up on Chris Chambers (which he did nothing after he left) and bitching about every bad move the organization has made over the last 20 years and then crys that we did not draft Matt Ryan - and my post is weak? Go watch Canadian football.

wtf are you talking about? youre just grapsing at straws now huh? when a guy breaks out the "well, he has no SB" line for a qb in his 3rd year, thats straight up weak. Dan marino never won a ring either. Peyton has a whopping one with all the talent hes had around him. its crystal clear Matt Ryan is far superior to Chad Henne.the minute this regime passed on Ryan for Long and took Henne their message was crystal clear as well. we think we can win with Long at LT and Henne at QB. they were wrong.

Look, I liked Ryan coming out of college, but I thought Flacco was the better QB, just didn't get as much pub playing at Deleware. I honestly thought we would pass on both, knowing Parcells builds from the lines first. I thought he would take Chris, not Jake Long though. But I can hear how the conversation went on draft day....Bill: "Hey Dan...I was thinking, I like to go with linemen, but I kinda like the Ryan fella"....Dan:..."Naaaa....we don't need anyone like that, I don't like throwin' the ball more than 15 yard downfield anyway. Go ahead and take a lineman."

I closed my eyes and listened to his Pennington Press Conference, and I thought, oh my god he's morphed into Dave Wannstedt!

How have we repeated history?! Same coach and same noodle arm qb.

Fielder = Pennington

Wannstedt = Sparano

Although I do believe Pennington is loads better.

You forgot Ireland: Spielman. Seriously, pass up on T.O., Bryant, and Moss while they are all available for FREE?!

I was just going off YOUR quote. . You are crying like a child that we did not draft Matt Ryan. Get over it. Why 10 years? Funny you want to criticize that the current FO has not won, but neither has your man crush either. So you are willing to give Ryan 10 years, but the Fins only get 2 1/2. Why the difference?

wow youre really grasping arent you? how about we GIVE IT THE LAST THREE YEARS???? hmmm???? LAST THREE.....in other words this one.....the previous one......and the one in which we decided to take a LT instead of a franchise quarterback and go bargain shopping for somebody to lead our team.....how about that?????

CASE CLOSED....ITS ALREADY A DONE DEAL.....ATLANTA HAS ALREADY BECOME A MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN US.....dont you get it?????? i dont need ten years.....ITS ALREADY HAPPENED....see that???? but if YOU need ten years to figure that out thats what i was offering.....lets let this play out ANOTHER ten just so YOU can be sure......and we can look at the deep playoff runs...and or super bowls and probably a win or two in a super bowl that Ryan has

.........and you can look back fondly on what a WONDERFUL coach Sparano was and tell all your friends and family and admire your picture on the wall with his signature that u have hung in your living room.....and EVERYBODY else is going to ask you WHO THE **** IS THAT MORON IN THE PICTURE FISTPUMPING????? cause they wont know who the hell he is......nobody in the NFL will have even heard his name MENTIONED in 8 or 9 YEARS except some forum member that starts a thread labeled "who is the worst coach in dolphin history?" and he will get some votes along with wandstedt

but we will forgive u your man-crush.....im sure you supported the fact we hold onto wandstedt all those year too when it was OBVIOUS we hadnt added ANY talent to a team Jimmy left us 5 years before......im sure u biyched when Saban left even tho HE KNEW it was a sinking ship that he couldnt fix with the mistakes he had made at QUARTERBACK.....and im sure you gave Cam your vote of confidence even after he essentially had a mutiny in the locker room with joey porter

perhaps the 1-15 and 6-10s got to you.....perhaps u love watching a team with clown outfit aqua pants throwing the ball for 2 yard completions up and down the field every game HOPING to make it into the 4th quarter so we can kick our 4th field goal to give us a chance to win.....and maybe every third year we can get a soft schedule and go 9-7 and you can be happy we had such a "great" season.....

good luck to you....i think most of us around here arent so happy with mediocrity after as much as weve already been through....listen i dont even give a **** if we go to the playoffs every year....id take all those marino shootouts and occasional playoff appearance at these point.....at least they WERE FUN TO WATCH! this team has no life no energy....the games are boring as ****....cant string together even a single drive......cant produce a turnover even.....this team has an IDIOT coaching it and this lets TRY to win a game in the 4th quarter bull**** HAS GOT TO GO.....and if you want to follow ur man crush to the cfl go right ahead

I was going to reply, but the post above sums up my feelings quite well.

I would like to nominate afishfan for the best new poster award...(since he's finally posting)..

All this guy does is pump out cold hard TRUTH in every. single. post.

You can tell he's been a Dolphins fan for a long time... he knows what's going to happen before it happens. Most of us that have been-there-done-that can...

Sparanos "he is doing well from a mental standpoint" responses? He's becoming so repetitive it's fkn annoying he's as predictable as our offense

It's not more annoying than his FIST PUMPS at the wrong moment in every game so far this season.

there are fans of 14 nfl teams a lot more tired than you are then.
as of the end of the 2009-2010 season, 14 nfl teams have never won a super bowl.

there are 10 teams that have been to the super bowl (in years shown) and lost each time:
there are 4 teams that have never played in a super bowl :
  • cleveland browns
  • detroit lions
  • houston texans
  • jacksonville jaguars
you are rooting for one of the 10 best franchises in the nfl based on super bowl success:

Dallas cowboys, san francisco 49ers, pittsburgh steelers - 5 wins apiece
green bay packers, oakland/l.a. Raiders, new england patriots, washington redskins- 3 wins apiece new york giants, miami dolphins, denver broncos- 2 wins apiece

The NY GIANTS have won 3 SBs, not 2.

what ever happened to that sweet rant someone posted on here a month or so ago? that should be stickied. is it on here somewhere? that actually cheered me up.

I would like to nominate afishfan for the best new poster award...(since he's finally posting)..

All this guy does is pump out cold hard TRUTH in every. single. post.

You can tell he's been a Dolphins fan for a long time... he knows what's going to happen before it happens. Most of us that have been-there-done-that can...

lol...yeah thanks slimm....its been awhile....ive kinda stayed in the background....havent had a ton to say for awhile....but this seasons just come to the point where its just obvious at this point that its time for a change....and i know alot of people will disagree with me and i can understand that completely

BUT my reasons are very valid and this team lacks the kind of leadership to ever lead us anyplace significant and at the end of the day THAT is all that matters

let me just say that Sparano is not as bad a coach as Wandstedt or Cameron he also isnt as good as Saban....and quite frankly being better than Cam and Wandstedt is like saying our 1-15 season doesnt even compare to the Lions 0-16 season. Sparano is a POOR coach. he does do some things well. he has had the respect of the locker room his entire time in Miami and that is very important. However, his message and his conservative nature i believe are starting to wear a little thin in the locker room and the signs have just begun to manifest themselves. FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD and ill get back back to this. Sparano has his players backs and they respect him but when the team isnt winning and losing the types of games they have teams start to lose a little faith in the cheesy punch line like "feed the wolf" and they begin to question the coaches ability to lead...they begin to think what theyve been following.....maybe its just a little bit cheesy.....and what have i been following the whole time? really who is this guy? what has he ever won? why did parcells suddenly bail? and why is this guy ALWAYS SPINNING??? is he BSing me too?

henne is done - he was anyways....but i mean they ruined the guy because they have been dishonest with this guy and he will not be able to trust this regime moving forward

Sparano is depending on Pennington to save his job....he knows the lockerroom loves him and he needs a new voice to save this season....its a VERY smart move SHORT-TERM....BUT.....where does it leave us? and herein lies the problem

this team is going to miss the playoffs for the second consecutive season they will end up with no better than a .500 record over the last 2 years and Bill Parcells IS GONE.....EVERYTHING these guys tried to build now has to be questioned Because the record will say this just isnt a good team and after three years there isnt anything moving forward to build on. going into the offseason we will have a 35 yr old quarterback that has had three shoulder operations and lacks arm-strength. i love pennington. but he isnt somebody to build with. hes our don strock to our marino.....at least he SHOULD BE....but hes NOT....because this staff picked a quarterback they thought was SO FANTASTIC THAT THEY ERUPTED in the draft room when green bay picked Brohm.....if they loved the guy so much they took a TERRIBLE risk by not trading up in the round to get him....or picking him instead of Merling.......clearly they thought this guy was CLOSE ENOUGH to Matt Ryan to warrant passing....the problem i have with this is twofold....one of the things they love so much about pennington they disregarded in matt ryan and two you dont GIVE UP ANYTHING when picking a quarterback if they thought matt ryan was BETTER then he was BETTER and thats all they needed to know. YOU DONT SACRIFICE ANYTHING YOU DONT HAVE TO AT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION. EVER. sacrifice someplace else. develop THE BEST quarterback you have an opportunity to develop. there arent that many great ones in the game (less than ten every year....more likely less than five) so if Ryan was better you are ASSUMING that there can be 2 great ones AT LEAST from that draft (actually 3 cause they liked flacco too but chose a plan to get Henne) and that just FLAT OUT ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS. so they were assuming that they could take this guy they had debatably rated the THIRD best quarterback in that draft and somehow cause him to perform as THE BEST quarterback in that draft. guess what? Henne was the third best quarterback in that draft AND HE PLAYED LIKE IT....and third best isnt enough to change this franchises fortune. Flacco is pretty good BUT hes not a guy you build around either.....so even if they put a plan in place to get him IT WAS STILL A MISTAKE. you take THE BEST GUY YOU CAN. Colossal mistake by these guys. enough to sink the entire ship AND IT SHOULD. Henne had NO LEADERSHIP skills and THAT is WHY Pennington cant fulfill the role he SHOULD fill for this team.....one he would be GREAT at....but he needs a young QB with MOXIE in FRONT of him.....and Henne isnt it

This would be enough ALL BY ITSELF but there is so much more. they made NO attempt to find ANOTHER quarterback in their 2nd or 3rd years either.....second i can understand A LITTLE cause Henne hadnt actually played yet...BUT they had to see the development and the intangibles from being around him everyday....they thought this quit guy was somehow going to turn into pennington just cause he ended up starting? the team was going to suddenly follow this guy anywhere? believe in him? even tho he had shown NOTHING to that point? what the hell made them think he would change? and thats why this years sin is unforgivable....they had already seen enough.....they needed to draft a quarterback in the first round THIS year so that when this experiment went stale AT LEAST THEY HAD ANOTHER ROUND IN THE CHAMBER....at least if he kept the locker room and the team finished and played pretty well......at least they would have SOMEWHERE to turn.....and they could sell it to Ross and sell it to US.....if we had Tebow in the fold how many of you would want to see what we could do with him???? i GUARANTEE 90% of this forum.....and everybody in here would be at least OK with the fact Henne didnt work out.....and HEY we have a franchise LEFT TACKLE!!! SO YEAY!! we have our quarterback of the future....he will be playing next year....we have penny......we have wake.....we have marshall, dansby......looks like things HAVE REALLY PROGRESSED HERE.......and guess what....the locker room would be in the same boat.

but instead what do we have? what do we have that shows these guys can bring us ANYTHING? we dont. yes we have SOME talent....i LOVE alot of guys we have.....but we FLAT-OUT dont have nearly enough PLAYMAKERS on either side of the ball....who have we drafted that created turnovers in college???? who do we have that was a touchdown machine???? NOBODY....i laid it out earlier and this is sick but its true. here is what these guys have done in 3 YEARS in the draft. we traded probowlers JASON TAYLOR, and CHRIS CHAMBERS (yes they didnt - but they DID benefit from the draft pick) and we spent 4 FIRST round picks, 6 SECOND round picks and ONE THIRD round pick and we have Jake Long, Vontae Davis, and Brandon Marshall to show for it......in other words gave up 2 probowlers 10 really high picks and a 3rd and we have 2 probowlers and vontae davis....THAT IS AWFUL.....that is like Wanny all over again. and we STILL do not have a quarterback!!!

so what do we do??? its taken 3 years to figure out the guy we wanted to lead this team CANT. so this offseason we are going to go Quarterback shopping only we ARENT GOING TO GET THE BEST GUY IN THE DRAFT....because HE IS GOING TO GO NUMBER 1.....and there really isnt much left over this year despite what mel kiper and everybody will say about first round grades blah blah blah.....so AT BEST we get the 2nd or 3rd choice among quarterbacks WHICH ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.....oh yeah and by the way we still dont have ANY PLAYMAKERS. so my question is when we go through ANOTHER mediocre season what happens to this team? SPARANO IS GOING TO LOSE THEM IF HE HASNT ALREADY. we simply cant give these guys 2 or 3 more years to find a quarterback....THEY ****ED UP....they missed their 2 chances to find one. why do they deserve another shot? terrible draft record....cant evaluate a quarterback, .500 record, and nothing to build on....

fortune favors the bold.....and Sparanos coaching philosophy is ANYTHING but BOLD....these guys simply arent coaches that a team will follow BECAUSE of that. sure they like him...they respect him....and that better than what weve had......but they believe in him....they think hes a little cheesy and THEY HAVE ALREADY BEGUN TO QUESTION HIS METHODS FOR WINNING. that is not good. and ill show u some of the quotes if i need to....but look at these guys questioning the play-calling....questioning our approach to winning.

we CANT give these guys any more time. the belief in the system left when Parcells did. the walls have only started to fall....but u will see more and more signs....they might even win a few games....but the signs will be there....and what do we really have to build on? there isnt anything special here....i dont want to move on more than the next guy....but LOOK at this THEY DIDNT FIND THEIR GUY and PARCELLS IS GONE.....nobody is going to follow these guys for 3 more years....AND THEY NEED THAT LONG TO FIND THEIR QB (if they can even do it) the luster has worn off.....and Ross is going to see it....and i dont blame him one bit

i just hope to God that HE can get it right....that Ross will find us a coach that is BOLD...that Ross can find us a coach this team will follow even after the message isnt new anymore...a guy they will follow because they wont question....because what he does WORKS...and there simply arent too many belichecks out there

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

what ever happened to that sweet rant someone posted on here a month or so ago? that should be stickied. is it on here somewhere? that actually cheered me up.
yeah that was SUPER funny

As of right now I would, especially if I was rebuilding a team. This team inherited a team that was 1-15. It had no talent. Look at other teams that have been that bad recently, and look at where they are - Detroit which still has a losing recording, St. Louis which is 4-4. You dont have years of bad drafts, trading picks for marginal players and rebuild overnight.
I love it when people bring up the 1-15 record for an excuse.If it wasn't for Parcell's getting lucky with the Jets cutting Pennington who would have been the starting QB?Oh yeah they signed McCown who they ended up trading away.And lets bring up Henning, the guy is so predictable they had to come up with the wildcat.

Just admit it this front office blew it by passing on Ryan.We had the 1st pick and you never pass up a franchise QB.How many years since Marino retired and were still looking for a QB?

This is now year three for this front office and this team is no better then they were last year.My expectations this year was the team making the second round of the playoffs and anything less is not excepted.

This team is still full of holes everywhere on the roster.Going into next year we still have no future QB.And lets take a look at the positions that need filling:

- QB ??????????, G or C, #2 WR, a deep threat WR, starting TE, a young RB, ILB next to Dansby,SS Bell is really showing his age and is missing tackles every game,CB, NT (Soliai is a free agent), pass rusher to help take pressure of Wake, KR/PR, and some players to help out on special teams.

How many years are you going to give this front office?

I love it when people bring up the 1-15 record for an excuse.If it wasn't for Parcell's getting lucky with the Jets cutting Pennington who would have been the starting QB?Oh yeah they signed McCown who they ended up trading away.And lets bring up Henning, the guy is so predictable they had to come up with the wildcat.

Just admit it this front office blew it by passing on Ryan.We had the 1st pick and you never pass up a franchise QB.How many years since Marino retired and were still looking for a QB?

This is now year three for this front office and this team is no better then they were last year.My expectations this year was the team making the second round of the playoffs and anything less is not excepted.

This team is still full of holes everywhere on the roster.Going into next year we still have no future QB.And lets take a look at the positions that need filling:

- QB ??????????, G or C, #2 WR, a deep threat WR, starting TE, a young RB, ILB next to Dansby,SS Bell is really showing his age and is missing tackles every game,CB, NT (Soliai is a free agent), pass rusher to help take pressure of Wake, KR/PR, and some players to help out on special teams.

How many years are you going to give this front office?

1) I see lots of people that always make the claim - we were lucky that Pennington "fell" into our lap, without him we would not go 11-5. But he did. And we did. Luck is a part of sports. It is a weak argument when anyone states that the FO was "lucky" about Penny. They were, they convinced him to sign here, and we went 11-5. I will agree that the play calling has been bad. Henning is probably gone at the end of the year.

2) I am never going to admit that by drafting a Pro Bowl Left Tackle, who many say could very well be the best left tackle in the NFL, was a mistake. Sorry. Matt Ryan was not the clear cut choice coming out of college, and I cannot fault the FO for getting the cornerstone of our O line for the next decade as a bad move. Can't throw the ball if you can't protect the QB.

3) Your expectation (which in itself is comical) that they were going to make the playoffs - I did not realize yet that they did not make the playoffs. I like to evaluate the season when it is actually over, not half way through. Honestly though, when you looked at the schedule before the season, what did you reasonably think our record would be after 8 games? Buffalo, Minny (on the road), Jets, Pats, Green Bay (on the road) Cincinnati,(road) Pitt, and Baltimore(road). Didn't 7 out of those 8 teams make the playoffs last year? Did you really think we were going to be 8-0?

4) You don't think the QB of the future is on the roster. I think he still at least could be. Every year,every team has holes. Think about it, with all these holes and yet we are still 4-4, Isn't that a sign of great coaching? I don't think we need a guard, just Jerry to get healthy, we will probably go RB in the draft, we get Allen back at CB for depth next season, a kick returner and special teams help. If your argument is special teams help, then we are almost there.

5) 2 and a half years is not enough. Especially since they have a winning record. I would give them through the end of this year, and then evaluate. Barring a complete collapse, I would give them next year as well.

To me, this team isn't coached up, it's dumbed down.

Back
Top Bottom