Anyone else starting to think we won't be adding a WR in FA, and not mad about it? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else starting to think we won't be adding a WR in FA, and not mad about it?

It's expected, so I don't get upset anymore.....I just don't make the trip for a game in Miami yearly like I used to.

Not signing one of the 2, or I would say 3 including Bowe, would be detrimental to Tanny's development. Only Welker and Danny Amendola would be a noticable upgrade after the top 3 FAs. Getting a cheaper option would do nothing but give homers hope until the season actually starts.

i came late to the party so addressing the original post, it wouldnt be a complete loss if we didnt get one of the "big 3" however sitting on this money is an absolute waste, if we dont go after wallace or jennings that BETTER mean we get ALL of our old guys back....LOOK i know we dont want bush, and dont want Long back, but the cap money is to over-spend a little bit on Wallace or Jennings if necessary. if we solidify the Oline by signing Vollmer to less-than-Long money GREAT, if we can get Starks back and Smith back GREAT, but if we dont bring one of those i would be hard-pressed to think we had a successful offseason IF we dont clean up in house and get our guys resigned

I agree with all of this but I don't want Patterson. I want to try and trade down
and get Allen or Hopkins

for how physically gifted Patterson has, the word is that he has **** for brains, and that word is from reputable sources like Ben Volin(not Omar Kelly) Hunter has to put on some muscle to prove he can go over the top BUT, if we cant get the big three, im happy to address another position in the first,

Ertz AND Eifert will both be taken in the first

There is no excuse for me to find if we cannot add a big name WR in free agency. And with the money and our picks it almost makes it a necessity for this offseason. I will be very upset if this does not happen. This offense needs a primary no. 1 AND a primary no. 2. If we cannot land a good WR in the draft AND in FA.... I don't even want to think about it. It is a must!!!

all depends on what Ireland considers playmakers.because this is what he has promised

i came late to the party so addressing the original post, it wouldnt be a complete loss if we didnt get one of the "big 3" however sitting on this money is an absolute waste, if we dont go after wallace or jennings that BETTER mean we get ALL of our old guys back....LOOK i know we dont want bush, and dont want Long back, but the cap money is to over-spend a little bit on Wallace or Jennings if necessary. if we solidify the Oline by signing Vollmer to less-than-Long money GREAT, if we can get Starks back and Smith back GREAT, but if we dont bring one of those i would be hard-pressed to think we had a successful offseason IF we dont clean up in house and get our guys resigned

I can pretty much completely agree with this statement.

Just have to wait for FA, but I believe miami will make a splash....and sign Mike Wallace.

name to watch is Brandon Llyod, I think the Pats will cut him and he will come a hell of a lot cheaper then Wallace and Jennings. He is inconsistent and didn't have much success in NE last yr, but I'd roll the dice with him if Wallace is asking for the stars and Bowe and Jennings are franchised.

name to watch is Brandon Llyod, I think the Pats will cut him and he will come a hell of a lot cheaper then Wallace and Jennings. He is inconsistent and didn't have much success in NE last yr, but I'd roll the dice with him if Wallace is asking for the stars and Bowe and Jennings are franchised.

regardless of what any of us thinks about Jennings being franchised, the mere thought of it is absolutely absurd, they have 2 Pro-bowl caliber WR on thier roster and another one thats right up there, this draft is DEEEEEEEEEPPPP with 3rd 4th and 5th option Wide receivers, show of hands who actually believe the BS about Jennings being franchised???

I'd be very upset. This wide receiving squad is too young as is, and the team would benefit from a veteran presence at wideout. The draft is still a gamble, and we need to get at least one top tier receiver in FA.
well we have Davone Bess who is a complete professional, and minus Anquon Bolden, name another free agent WR to change the face of a team. And I will just throw B Marshall, even though we got him in a trade, he was supposed to help out our deep threat game, didn't work. I would rather get two young, hungry rookies and have them grow with our young QB. Give me Patterson in the 1st and the kid from Baylor in the 2nd, as well as, a seam threatening TE, wow I would be very happy.

Austin's height (The dude is freaking 5 foot 8) is going to severely restrict him as an all purpose receiver in the league. Every CB/Safety he faces deep is going to be a physical mismatch for him...I can see him as a specialized, speedy slot receiver though. He definitely has the pure athleticism and talent to be a top notch receiver, it's just his outrageously small size that is going to restrict what he can/can't do at the next level.

I don't think we should draft any of these receivers in the 1st unless we trade down, there is too much depth in the 2nd-3rd rounds to do that. You're without a doubt right on about Austin's athletic ability though, but I'd be surprised to see him taken in the 1st round strictly due to his size. I haven't heard of any receiver at his height reflect 1st round status...especially a top 15 pick.
how tall is De-Sean Jackson in Philly?

Back
Top Bottom