Anyone else still feel numb??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else still feel numb???

Finch83

Starter
Reaction score
Yesterday was such a dark day for Dolphin fans everwhere. It still feels so surreal and nightmarish as to what the hell happened.

This is just yet another horrible blunder by the Dolphins' organization by taking Ginn instead of Quinn.

And this is coming from a homer. Believe me, I have been a sunshine-blowing homer pretty much all my life when it comes to the Fins but I cant support their bonehead moves anymore.

They had the chance to draft Drew Brees...they took Jamar Fletcher.
They had the chance to sign Drew Brees again...they took Daunte Culpepper.
And now, they have a future franchise QB fall to them IN THEIR LAP...they select Ted Ginn Jr (who is also injured by the way).

This was an absolute disasterous move on their part and it will continue to set the franchise back. Believe me, I hope I am wrong but I am mostly likely not. If Ginn turns into a Pro Bowler and Quinn is the next Leaf, I will bump this thread and eat crow. However, I was right about Brees TWICE so...:shakeno:

Numb? I was extremely happy we passed on Quinn and took Ginn. I love how everyone knows Quinn will be a great QB.

clear.gif

You know what people, You need to think logicaly the pick for quinn would have been a waste. there is no way quinn is 20 million dollars better well not even 10 million dollars better the beck. we took care of a need at kr/pr and wr i know that he wasnt worth #9 and we should have traded and got a pic from another team but so what we got a really good qb with beck and a versitile wr and picked up a good rb while also taking care of some other needs. so how is everyone so upset brady quinn wasnt that great good yes great no.

I feel your pain Finch, I feel your pain. I know there's a number of people defending the FO and saying what a great pick Ginn was vs. Quinn, etc., etc. But honestly, I think it wouldn't have been so bad if every report that came out of Miami and the press was that they were looking hard at Quinn and even possibly trading up to get him. Then to go with a guy many sources had slotted at a mid to late 1st round pick. Someone who, yes, probably will be a pretty good KR, but a HUGE ???? at WR at #9 in the first round when you have 3-4 elite level players and a potential franchise QB just fall in your lap ??? 1 OL is a prospect, but only at a C or G. A RB who's only a 3rd down back at best (do they not expect Ricky to be back ?). What about CB ? The other safety spot ? How about the rest of the OL ? How about a potential decent TE ? I'm hoping these ?? picks turn out to be gems over time, but right now, I'm feeling shell shocked and wondering what the heck is going on. Now Moss is a Pat for a fourth rounder. :confused:

Yes, finally some people who have come to senses to realize the draft has not been bad at all. Look who we got, Ginn, Beck, Satele, Booker and now Soliai. Everyone was so hyped up on Quinn, that since we passed on him, they are so in shock and disappointed that they cant realize all the good players we have gotten so far. Quinn is gone, so deal with it. We got some pretty damn good players and Miami fans need to forget about Quinn and start to realize we have had a very good draft so far.

No, im not numb. But thats cause im not a baby.

Oh buuuuurn:rolleyes2

You think our front office has been doing good over the years??? Hahaha
Gotta love the Daunte over Brees pick, now THIS.:shakeno:

I will say that I liked that we picked up that OL dude out of Hawaii. I think he was a solid pickup.

ya'll need to stop ur bitching there had to be something wrong with him if everyone passed him i'm more pissed of us picking beck instead of stanton thats whats pisses me off the most.

Numb? No. Pissed, frustrated and irritated? Yes. Yet again this team manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It sure would be nice if we had someone competent in our FO for a change.

Hey, since all you guys have your crystal balls all fired up and know how this draft is gonna turn out... while you're "tuned in" can you get me next week's Lotto numbers? I could use that $57 million.... thanx.

You know what people, You need to think logicaly the pick for quinn would have been a waste. there is no way quinn is 20 million dollars better well not even 10 million dollars better the beck. we took care of a need at kr/pr and wr i know that he wasnt worth #9 and we should have traded and got a pic from another team but so what we got a really good qb with beck and a versitile wr and picked up a good rb while also taking care of some other needs. so how is everyone so upset brady quinn wasnt that great good yes great no.
I am confused by the fans that use the "money" argument. Personally, I would much rather have the "money" go to a franchise QB than to a punt returner. I seriously doubt that Ginn's agent is going to say bc my guy is not a QB, but a punt returner, you (Miami) do not have to pay him the contract required of the #9 draft pick.

If Beck turns out to be a franchise QB do you not think Beck's agent will make provisions in his contract or that Miami will not have to restructure his contract accordingly?

Also, we could of taken Quinn at #9 and get a wide receiver in the secound round. Jarrett or Steve Smith would of been there.

Back
Top Bottom