Anyone else still feel numb??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else still feel numb???

Actually, if you watched the draft coverage yesterday, when the Dolphins introduced Ginn as their pick, everyone at the Phins place was booing, and Cameron was stressing how good Ginn was AS A PUNT RETURNER. Salsibury and the ESPN guys commented on it...and were as disturbed by it as I was. I mean, the guy is the NUMBER NINE PICK...we should be touting his RECEIVING ABILITIES, not his PR abilities...hopefully he turns out to be something special.

I was as shocked as anyone that we passed on Quinn. But if I learned one thing watching Joey Harrington play last season it's the importance of accuracy. I just wanted to strangle Joey when he consistently missed open recievers.

One of the big question marks following Quinn is his accuracy. Given the fact that Cam is iso familair with Brees, is anyone surprised the he and Mueller put such a premium on accuracy?

There's no doubt Mueller went out on a ledge passing on Quinn and there will be hell to pay if he becomes a very good QB but making the tough decision is what we pay him for. I want a GM that puts the needs of the team before saving his job and there's no doubt Mueller and Cam put their jobs on Beck's shoulders.

Actually, if you watched the draft coverage yesterday, when the Dolphins introduced Ginn as their pick, everyone at the Phins place was booing, and Cameron was stressing how good Ginn was AS A PUNT RETURNER. Salsibury and the ESPN guys commented on it...and were as disturbed by it as I was. I mean, the guy is the NUMBER NINE PICK...we should be touting his RECEIVING ABILITIES, not his PR abilities...hopefully he turns out to be something special.

Does he have to tout his receiving abilities or must he assume morons like Salisbury and clueless fans like you never actually watch football and are oblivious to the fact he actually plays WR. I guess he thought yall already knew. I guess he figured everyone saw Ginn toast top notch corners his whole career. Can he not just point out that he is an exceptional return man as well. If the vikings come out and talk about how well Peterson can catch out of the backfield will you assume he is going to be a 3rd down back and suck at running the ball?

I did slap the forehead and say "Doh!" when Ginn was picked over Quinn, my first thought was "why pass on a QB for a WR with a bad foot?". Even with a bad foot Ginn was running 4.4's, Quinn is more than likely to hold out for "he should have been a top 5 pick" money being demanded by his agent Condon. Beck will be in camp and learning from the start, he has potential, and he has proven productivity. Let's not start slitting our wrists just yet.....

Does he have to tout his receiving abilities or must he assume morons like Salisbury and clueless fans like you never actually watch football and are oblivious to the fact he actually plays WR. I guess he thought yall already knew. I guess he figured everyone saw Ginn toast top notch corners his whole career. Can he not just point out that he is an exceptional return man as well. If the vikings come out and talk about how well Peterson can catch out of the backfield will you assume he is going to be a 3rd down back and suck at running the ball?

LMAO

Yeah, ok, I'm clueless. If you've got people booing your pick, why would you tout his PUNT RETURN capabilities? You shouldn't. You should be talking about how he's got lightning fast speed, and how he can be a number one receiver, and be a huge playmaker for us...unless, of course, you're not sure that he IS going to be a playmaker receiver for us. And, if you're not sure about that, you sure shouldn't be spending the number 9 pick on a guy who might not be a number one receiver. I'm just saying that it says alot to me that he was touting his PR potential as opposed to his receiving potential. If you can't understand that, then YOU'RE the clueless fan.

I was surprised much like the rest but I will say that Im hoping from cam and randys reputation that they see value in beck and thats why they took him in the second. Quinn may be a decent QB but Beck might be also. Once again fellow dolfans we are in a wait n see situation. Im starting to think they should throw in a complimentry bottle of valiums with thier season tickets.

It appears to me tha Cams two biggest concerns are special teams and o line. Hopefully Cam will release something to help us all understand what direction he is looking to take our team now that our draft is over.

Quinn is just a average Qb, Beck better choice alot cheaper too.

Posers R Us!!

Just reading this thread just separates people that know football and the poser that really don't!! The Ginn/Beck picks are truly going to turn this franchise around and the pass on Quinn was a Godsend!!

Just reading this thread just separates people that know football and the poser that really don't!! The Ginn/Beck picks are truly going to turn this franchise around and the pass on Quinn was a Godsend!!

The more I read and see of John Beck, the happier I am about this draft pick. It's time to forget Quinn and time to embrace Beck. He is our man now.

Yes, finally some people who have come to senses to realize the draft has not been bad at all. Look who we got, Ginn, Beck, Satele, Booker and now Soliai. Everyone was so hyped up on Quinn, that since we passed on him, they are so in shock and disappointed that they cant realize all the good players we have gotten so far. Quinn is gone, so deal with it. We got some pretty damn good players and Miami fans need to forget about Quinn and start to realize we have had a very good draft so far.

And who on that list is gonna contribute to us winning football games? A part time receiver/returner and a back that is gonna get a couple plays a game. Give me a break....

And you know that Cameron listened to his evaluation how, exactly?
This was in jest right? Surely you're not suggesting now we need proof that the Head Coach and GM would listen to the opinion of someone, who happens to be their own QB coach, who personally mentored a QB for two months?

LMAO

Yeah, ok, I'm clueless. If you've got people booing your pick, why would you tout his PUNT RETURN capabilities? You shouldn't. You should be talking about how he's got lightning fast speed, and how he can be a number one receiver, and be a huge playmaker for us...unless, of course, you're not sure that he IS going to be a playmaker receiver for us. And, if you're not sure about that, you sure shouldn't be spending the number 9 pick on a guy who might not be a number one receiver. I'm just saying that it says alot to me that he was touting his PR potential as opposed to his receiving potential. If you can't understand that, then YOU'RE the clueless fan.

So Cameron is inpolitik, so what? Woudl it be somehow better if Coach Cameron touted his "Wonderful ability to get open and his excellent downfield speed"? Once the whistle blows, then we will know if Cameron screwed the pooch or not. All of this posering is blatant internet bloviating, no more, no less.

This was in jest right? Surely you're not suggesting now we need proof that the Head Coach and GM would listen to the opinion of someone, who happens to be their own QB coach, who personally mentored a QB for two months?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time. Just in the history of our team, we've seen GMs ignore coaches, coaches ignore titular GMs, coaches and GMs ignore coordinators...

Back
Top Bottom