Anyone else think Alabi was a bad pick... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Alabi was a bad pick...

lilcubanphinfan said:
you peaople denying dont need to be always so nice. your like my dad talking to his inlaws. whatever they do or say hes always nice about it. peaople come on get real your allowed to be critical of your team u can still love saban and the fins and think he made not so ggod of a pick and it wil be alright. every scouting site had britt over alibi by alot. all the scouts have evaluated both and said britt was better then alibi. by alot too. i think alibi would be ok but britt would of been a monster to get hes awesome and we missed him saban i like u man but u messed up on this one man maybe next time. ohh saban i think u also messed up on daniels but well leave that up to u to see how he turns out. i could be wrong. its ok to be critical or your team and not kiss sabans *** all day.
Life lessons from a 15 year old. Saban farts more football than you'll ever know.

You don't find immediate starters in the fifth round. You find backups and players you might be able to groom into future starters. Based on the scouting report, this guy appears to have the physical attributes to be a really good tackle. I trust the coaching staff to make the judgment that they will be able to fix his technique problems.

Nick13 said:
where the jesus crap is Ben Wilkerson?

i mean come on.

big, powerful lineman.

LSU guy.

projected early as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

COME ON! he would have been a steal!
he still might be.

lilcubanphinfan said:
you peaople denying dont need to be always so nice. your like my dad talking to his inlaws. whatever they do or say hes always nice about it. peaople come on get real your allowed to be critical of your team u can still love saban and the fins and think he made not so ggod of a pick and it wil be alright. every scouting site had britt over alibi by alot. all the scouts have evaluated both and said britt was better then alibi. by alot too. i think alibi would be ok but britt would of been a monster to get hes awesome and we missed him saban i like u man but u messed up on this one man maybe next time. ohh saban i think u also messed up on daniels but well leave that up to u to see how he turns out. i could be wrong. its ok to be critical or your team and not kiss sabans *** all day.

No kidding. Why are all of these homers happy with a guy one of the best offensive line coaches in the league scouted instead of going with someone that a few websites liked better? What the hell does Houck know about offensive lineman? Why should we trust his evaluation?

Doktor Ivel said:
it should work out for the best.....i think we should have got a QB

why qet a QB in the 5th? we allready have 3 capable third string QBs on our roster allready....

Wesley Britt has strangley short arms, a big concern, the only thing he really has going for him is size, and **** what sporting news or some mock said, the fact is, at this point Alabi was the better pick for a project for Houck.

Predaphin said:
Now that I think about it, I think this was a bad pick...

We should've drafted OT Wesley Britt, who was picked 2 spots after...

Wesley Britt is 6'8 314 lbs. and is a monster....

LMAO...ok so all you just told us is you dont know ****!!! so dont post anymore - Britt also has less than 32 inch arms and looks terrible at 314 - he is not a monster.....Alibi dominated in college, he has 37+ inch arms ....he looks like ogden....he looks THIN at 310lbs....squats 800 lbs....and will be our starter at LT in 1 year. Britt will be out of the league......but keep talking your stupid **** and being pessamistic - like you know more than Saban and our scouts. Come to think of it go root for the Jets....cause we dont need you!!!

Hostile7 said:
Obviously Saban has confidence in Feeley, it's time to get over it.

Houck must really like this kid, and every draft site has a ton of good things to say about him. As KB21 was saying, he was ranked 106 on PFW draft board, and we got him 162. It's great value, and we got a player who Houck can groom into a solid LT or Guard.

No, I do not think it is obvious. Charlie Frye was taken right before our pick and we were not moving because Saban wasnt going to trade picks. All the QB's that we liked were snagged before us. Greene and Frye i think we had our eye on and Orlovsky went a few picks ahead as well. BTW, Orlovsky gets to play with Kevin Jones, Mike Williams, Charlie Rogers, and the stud fcrom texas (cant remember his name right now). Watch out for Dan Orlovsky in a year or two!

Predaphin said:
Now that I think about it, I think this was a bad pick...

We should've drafted OT Wesley Britt, who was picked 2 spots after...

Wesley Britt is 6'8 314 lbs. and is a monster....

I disagree, the positive part about alabi is that he has unbelievable stength- 810 pound squat from memory?? someone will have to post his official strength stats i can't clearly remember them- it just seems as though he is unable to transfer his strength to the football field at the tackle position. This is due to a number of reasons including his footwork, positioning and technique which are all very easily coachable aspects and who better to teach him than houck. with some coaching he could become a very dominant LT, one of those guys they say "as soon as he gets hands on you its over". He needs to work on a few other things but houck knows it all when it comes to the dynamics and operation of an offensive line so i can envision him becoming a very smart and powerful football player. in conclusion, his strengths are things that are hard to coach and his weaknesses can be coached without much hassle. i endorse the pick.

PS. sorry if these points have already been raised i only read the initial post

Nick13 said:
where the jesus crap is Ben Wilkerson?

i mean come on.

big, powerful lineman.

LSU guy.

projected early as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

COME ON! he would have been a steal!

he has serious injury concerns and may never be able to return to his old form. a back injury i believe. the same type of injury that has basically cut the career of kyle turley short.

Can someone show me !!!!

How do people know Houck was scouting this guy and really wanted him, Did he tell someone on this site ???:lol: :lol: :lol:

General Tso said:
No kidding. Why are all of these homers happy with a guy one of the best offensive line coaches in the league scouted instead of going with someone that a few websites liked better? What the hell does Houck know about offensive lineman? Why should we trust his evaluation?
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Dolfndav34 said:
How do people know Houck was scouting this guy and really wanted him, Did he tell someone on this site ???:lol: :lol: :lol:
:shakeno:
Do some reading. It was reported in stories on Alabi that Houck had been personally scouting this kid.

Dolfndav34 said:

Allibi said he has a private meeting, and lunch with Houck at the TCU pro day.

Back
Top Bottom