Anyone else think Alabi was a bad pick... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think Alabi was a bad pick...

I think it was more Houck's choice than Saban's. Houck knows the lineman he can mould and should be able to help Alabi eventually get on the field.

Lets face it.You and I dont know enough about OL to make that judgement.Houck is the expert.Obviously he sees something in him that he thinks he can mold.

lilcubanphinfan said:
you peaople denying dont need to be always so nice. your like my dad talking to his inlaws. whatever they do or say hes always nice about it. peaople come on get real your allowed to be critical of your team u can still love saban and the fins and think he made not so ggod of a pick and it wil be alright. every scouting site had britt over alibi by alot. all the scouts have evaluated both and said britt was better then alibi. by alot too. i think alibi would be ok but britt would of been a monster to get hes awesome and we missed him saban i like u man but u messed up on this one man maybe next time. ohh saban i think u also messed up on daniels but well leave that up to u to see how he turns out. i could be wrong. its ok to be critical or your team and not kiss sabans *** all day.

Well, I don't know one from the other that deep into the draft since I didn't follow either of their schools, but I would assume that HH knows something about Ababi, and if he thinks the guys is better than Brit...that's good enough for me...It's not kissing butt, but believing that the experts (scouts and coaches) know more than I do on the subject....We'll know come September how the guy does...

lilcubanphinfan said:
you peaople denying dont need to be always so nice. your like my dad talking to his inlaws. whatever they do or say hes always nice about it. peaople come on get real your allowed to be critical of your team u can still love saban and the fins and think he made not so ggod of a pick and it wil be alright. every scouting site had britt over alibi by alot. all the scouts have evaluated both and said britt was better then alibi. by alot too. i think alibi would be ok but britt would of been a monster to get hes awesome and we missed him saban i like u man but u messed up on this one man maybe next time. ohh saban i think u also messed up on daniels but well leave that up to u to see how he turns out. i could be wrong. its ok to be critical or your team and not kiss sabans *** all day.

You should listen to your dad more and not yourself. You'll be smarter. :cooldude:

Predaphin said:
Now that I think about it, I think this was a bad pick...

We should've drafted OT Wesley Britt, who was picked 2 spots after...

Wesley Britt is 6'8 314 lbs. and is a monster....

Just a thought......Maybe Saban & Houick are better judges of talent than you.....:D

I think Hudson Houck knows more about lineman than all of us put together.

Danny said:
I don't think is a bad pick but I was a little surprised.I thought we'd take a DT or a WR at that point.Having said that, the guy has talent that Houck can work with.Lets keep on mind that Nick can't do it all in one single offseason. I think our team is already better than last year.

Ozzy rules!!

Very well put Danny..........I happen to agree with you.

Da 'Fins said:
You should listen to your dad more and not yourself. You'll be smarter. :cooldude:

Paraphrasing Mark Twain here:

"When I was 18, my father was the most stupid, idiotic, mule-headed man I'd ever had the misfortune to encounter. By the age of 30, I was amazed at how much he'd learned in the intervening years."

The bigger they are the more knee problems they have remember Darryl Gardener

the fact remains that these kids are teachable.....maybe your Lineman wants werent as "teachable" as others. raw talent and the ability to learn quicly is the determining factor with alot of back end rookies and UFAs

is that right? I see all you keep clammering for SA wilkerson, when vince Carter is right there staring you in the face. Nope, wouldnt want the better C, just the SAMF from LSU. Your just like Saban, sticking to what you know, instead of getting the BAP.

Oh yeah, this was a very bad signing. for as big is this guy is, he is slow, has horrible footwork, which lets him get dictated too, and has horrible technique, which also lets him get dictated too. For such long arms, he lets defenders get right into his body. ya, this is a very long term project, sounds like a better option in free agency, and grab antajj at this pick. Nope, we wanted that SAMF from MSU in the 7th at DT. I forgot.

#162 - Anthony Alabi, T, TCU Horned Frogs..huh-huh...Horned Frogs...HAHA!!

But if we're talking about this, how about why didn't we take Kalif Barnes from Washington?! He was there at 3rd round I believe.

I like Alabi´s pick. Houck can groon this kid and I think he can play at least in RG spot...

nice draft St. Nick.

LithoMan said:
Oh yeah, this was a very bad signing. for as big is this guy is, he is slow, has horrible footwork, which lets him get dictated too, and has horrible technique, which also lets him get dictated too. For such long arms, he lets defenders get right into his body. ya, this is a very long term project, sounds like a better option in free agency, and grab antajj at this pick. Nope, we wanted that SAMF from MSU in the 7th at DT. I forgot.
I know. Saban is so stupid for not taking Hawthorne. I mean every team in the NFL passed on this guy 5 times. They must not be as informed as you are. NOT. He wasnt picked because hes a complete dumba**. He knew he was going to be tested for it, but yet still smoked the hippie lettuce. Hes also lazy and takes ALOT of plays off. Not exactly someone I, nor 31 other teams would want,or count on.
For some reason I get the feeling that if we did take Hawthorne you would still be complaining. Your opinions have been as usefull as whiping before you poop

Back
Top Bottom