Anyone Know Where Jerome Baker Is? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Know Where Jerome Baker Is?

It’s obvious that we’re going to have to upgrade all 3 starting LB spots. There’s only so much you can do every offseason.

iIf we stay the course we’ll get there.
Just upgrading the room has so many benefits. Turning your weakest link into your strongest. The others become situational players and cover for injuries based on the opponent. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you can play man D against any given opponent.

Man what’s going on with Baker? Not a good fit, just a guy?

Only 2 tackles vs Denver
4 tackles vs Chargers
7 vs Arizona.
Remember opening day he had 16 vs New England

on the season he has 71 tackles 2 sacks, 0 ints, and 1 forced fumble. Starting to feel Miami will look to upgrade from him soon.
1606529057287.png

He is not that good it seems at reading plays our best LB has been Robert's imo.
I would respectfully suggest you don't understand this scheme, or the assignment responsibilities within.

Robert's is not a better linebacker than Baker, or KVN. He may be better at one specific aspect, but he is so limited, there is no way he could handle the assignment responsibilities required outside that one niche.

I would respectfully suggest you don't understand this scheme, or the assignment responsibilities within.

Robert's is not a better linebacker than Baker, or KVN. He may be better at one specific aspect, but he is so limited, there is no way he could handle the assignment responsibilities required outside that one niche.
When Roberts reads or guesses right he looks great. Brings the would like none of our other LB’s. But when he doesn’t, ugh.

I think Baker is pretty poor vs the run and Denver ran like 30 times. Probably had something to do with that
30 times...Lord knows knows how many of those runs were in Roberts and Van Noys' face.

Baker was excellent yesterday in coverage.
Made a couple plays with his speed, as well.

I don't think Bake is elite, but he also isn't the bum some ppl here portray him to be either.

No, he isn't good at "shedding" or meeting a back, sraight up in the hole, but that's not his role in this scheme. We could do a lot worse.

Made a couple plays with his speed, as well.

I don't think Bake is elite, but he also isn't the bum some ppl here portray him to be either.

No, he isn't good at "shedding" or meeting a back, sraight up in the hole, but that's not his role in this scheme. We could do a lot worse.

if we lost his range it would show up in a big way over time. I don’t doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom