ANYONE thought about this angle with manning? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ANYONE thought about this angle with manning?

I'm sure the pursuit of Peyton is the real deal. Manning would bring excitement not seen in Miami for many years and his presence would certainly help lagging ticket sales.
Agree and Flynn would add little in the ways of ticket sells or excitement. I'm starting to come around to giving up some picks and going after RG3 if no Manning. In a WC offense that kid would be incredable.

If Manning was never in the plans, it's just more evidence that Jeff Ireland is a ****ty GM. I'm sure there will be plenty of people that come to his defense if it doesn't happen and he has a press conference saying it was never in the plans in the first place; but those same geniuses came to the Ireland and Co.'s defense every time over the past 3 losing seasons, so...

Agree and Flynn would add little in the ways of ticket sells or excitement. I'm starting to come around to giving up some picks and going after RG3 if no Manning. In a WC offense that kid would be incredable.
If no Manning, I'd rather fire Ireland and do what it takes to get Barkley or maybe Wilson.

Im all for firing Ireland after this season if he does not improve team
If our solution is sticking with Matt Moore, no doubt. Then again, I wanted him fired last season.

I think it's a legit topic here. If you listen to Philbin he says he wants to groom his guys. Manning is about as opposite as you get there in the most important position. I just can't believe that Flynn is not in the plans. It makes too much sense. Young, groomed, can teach the system, affordable. It allows you to have money for other needs. I know we are talking about Manning here but it's an injured Manning at the end of his career. And it will cost a major part of their cap dollars to do so. By showing the interest in Manning you give the perception that you aren't really interested in Flynn thus causing question to the league around how good he is.

IMO at first when manning became a fa every team was after him even us and now that some comentators saying he is checkin other teams out , now all of a sudden we dont want him i call bull **** . thats like the most hottest cheerleader intrested in the qb of there school but when she turns him down or starts to talk to another player on the team now its oh didnt want to date her anyways it was the nerd that nobody wants to talk to is the REAL ONE I LIKED THE WHOLE TIME ..COME ON NOW.

If no Manning, I'd rather fire Ireland and do what it takes to get Barkley or maybe Wilson.
I think Jeff is still here because he blamed it all on Tony. He screws this up and it's ALL on him. Say goodbye.

we need to go all in on manning even if its to cut some big name players because they can be replaced alot easier than a QB is .

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I think Jeff is still here because he blamed it all on Tony. He screws this up and it's ALL on him. Say goodbye.

i agree 100%

we need to go all in on manning even if its to cut some big name players because they can be replaced alot easier than a QB is .

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

i agree 100%

what big name players do we cut, hell lets trade those big name players and get rg3 if thats the case

If we have coaches that don't want Peyton Manning, or don't know how to make an offense successful with Peyton Manning, then we hired the wrong coaches.

what big name players do we cut, hell lets trade those big name players and get rg3 if thats the case

whoever it takes to get manning here if we need more money RG3 isnt a lock and i would rather have manning 4-5 years and know what he is compared to what might or might not be with RG3

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

If we have coaches that don't want Peyton Manning, or don't know how to make an offense successful with Peyton Manning, then we hired the wrong coaches.

IMO Manning dosent need to be coached .

i know this wont be very popular, but, has ANYONE THOUGHT at all about the possability that the finz have NEVER had manning in their plans?

There is no guaranty Manning will be the player he once was, but if you bring Manning in you could sell out probably every home game. Jersey sales would skyrocket. The Miami Dolphins would have a new face to the franchise and we would have numerous prime time games. W are not talking about just any QB....this is one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

I would rather take the risk that Manning still has some very good years left in him, and he could attract other great players here....guys like Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne from the Colts, just for starters. Miami always seems to want to play things too safe, and we never get anywhere by doing this. I think a GM /Owner would be crazy to pass on P. Manning.

There is no guaranty Manning will be the player he once was, but if you bring Manning in you could sell out probably every home game. Jersey sales would skyrocket. The Miami Dolphins would have a new face to the franchise and we would have numerous prime time games. W are not talking about just any QB....this is one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

I would rather take the risk that Manning still has some very good years left in him, and he could attract other great players here....guys like Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne from the Colts, just for starters. Miami always seems to want to play things too safe, and we never get anywhere by doing this. I think a GM /Owner would be crazy to pass on P. Manning.

i agree 100% you hit the nail right on the head.

whoever it takes to get manning here if we need more money RG3 isnt a lock and i would rather have manning 4-5 years and know what he is compared to what might or might not be with RG3

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

IMO Manning dosent need to be coached .

odds are at best we have him 3 years then are we all of a sudden Indy and lets not forget with elite talent at almost every position skillwise Peyton still won only one ring

Back
Top Bottom