Anyone Want To Talk Titans Matchup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Want To Talk Titans Matchup

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
Since next week means nothing....13 days until the home opener!

In 2016, we lost 30-10 at home. A few highlights from that year....

DeMarco Murray added 121 yards rushing for the Titans, who totaled 235 on the ground. Marcus Mariota threw for three touchdowns and ran for another score. The Titans sacked Tannehill six times, doubling their season total. It was after that loss that the season turned around and the light came on for the offense.

In 2017 we won 16-10 with Matt Cassell at QB for the Titans.

New faces for the Titans....Reshan Evan (out a lot due to injury), Harold Landry, Logan Ryan, Malcom Butler, Bennie Logan NT.

RT, Jack Conklin may be out due to injury and they lost a good coverage LB in Avery Williamson (Jets).

They have a first year HC in well respected Mike Vrabel but it's not often that a first timer has immediate success.

Dean Peas (Ravens DC 2012-17) is the new DC and they are changing schemes from Dick LeBeau's system but still should be a 3-4. They were good vs the run last year but they ranked 25th defending the pass, giving up 239.3 yards per game and 17th in points allowed. They had 43 sacks last year. Derrick Morgan had 7.5 sacks and Orakpo had only 7. DT Jurell Casey had 6. Looks like they collected a few by blitzing (knowing Lebeau).

Should be a physical team that we always have trouble with and they have a shifty TE in Delanie Walker. They may or may not have an improved pass defense with Butler and Ryan but NE tends to let go of guys when they regress. They have a VERY good up and coming safety in Kevin Byard (8 picks).

Thoughts?

Good job sir. Forum was getting stale and it was time to talk about real football.

Has Conklin returned to practice for Tennessee? He was PUP'd to start camp last I heard. I am actually having a tough time even finding an update on him. He tore his ACL in the playoffs so it's virtually impossible to make it back for the season opener the following year. He's probably the best player on that roster.

There are certainly other things to like about the Titans, not many to love though.

I am a big Ohio State fan and I started following heavily in the early to mid 90's. I am not surprised in the least one of my earliest favorite players, Mike Vrabel, has gotten to where he is. Really bothered me rooting against him all those years but the Miami Dolphins come first. So with that said, I expect his coaching career to get off to a bumpy start.

They've suffered some injuries at safety. They signed Kenny Vaccaro a few weeks ago off the street. They might struggle to keep up with our pass catchers.

Miami wins 30-20.

The Titans have a pretty good OL and defensing the run is probably going to be the worst thing about this team. They also have an athletic QB and if RG3 can tear us apart on the ground I expect the same out of Mariota. They have a pro bowl TE and that's something we struggle to defend.

Due to our history of starting off slow I'm going with 21-17 Titans. I can't see us winning or losing by more than a TD.

The game in 2016 against Tennessee, wasn’t this the one Tunsil couldn’t play because he had slipped in the shower?

Good job on putting together some key points.

I like the Dolphins chances for a couple of reasons. First and foremost is the new HC and the team's relative unfamiliarity with it. From all the reports I have been able to read, they are still not clicking on offense. They also are dealing with some injuries and that could work to our advantage, especially with Conklin not slated to start the season. Hopefully we can defend the run and contain Mariotta. I like the Dolphins 24-21 in this one.

Im worried about them controlling the LoS against our defense. Did not know that Conklin might be out...

I expect one team to sort of jump on the other and surprise (whichever is prepared for real NFL football). I don't expect a close slugfest.

It’ll be a hard game, i think Henry is going to be a load for us, and then sprinkling in Dion Lewis too.... not good for our LBs. Walker scares me some, but not as much as years past, i know that TEs still have been having their way with us, but I’ll remain hopeful that one of our new toys can help cover him..

Mariota is a huge concern since we haven’t quite seemed to figure out this thing that scrambling qb’s are gonna run... pathetic watching year after year.

I think our offense will be able to score, but idk how many consistent good drives we will get. Not sure if our offense will be in sync that soon or not

Im worried about them controlling the LoS against our defense. Did not know that Conklin might be out...

I think it's a fore gone conclusion at this point. He likely will miss the first 6 games.

I really can't find a single update on him.

The Titans have a pretty good OL and defensing the run is probably going to be the worst thing about this team. They also have an athletic QB and if RG3 can tear us apart on the ground I expect the same out of Mariota. They have a pro bowl TE and that's something we struggle to defend.

Due to our history of starting off slow I'm going with 21-17 Titans. I can't see us winning or losing by more than a TD.
Seeing how the first team D held RGIII in check and only gave up 3 the first half I think we will be fine this game. Henry does worry me he is a lead and our DT need to prove they can control the middle

I honestly think this is going to be a boring, low scoring affair. We need to be worried about a mobile QB as we don't do well against them. We need to figure out how to establish the run early. Once we get down to the red zone, go for the jugular several times. Throw the ball INTO the end zone, not shot of the sticks and expect the guys to run it in.

Jump on 'em early! Make it a scoring contest. Unleash the edgers and count the sacks. Fitz gets 2 ints. Gore scores 3 short yardage TDs.

38-7.

And Parker didn't play!

>>> is that a strategy or what???

I just hope we play good football and WIN.

Back
Top Bottom