anyone watching ESPN? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone watching ESPN?

Shamboubou said:
They just put Carolina at #4?? What the heck are they thinking. I dont think I would even have them in the top 10.

Because it's Tray Dingdong, Salsibury steak, and Mikle *$$crack doing this ranking. Their all morons.:tantrum:

Yeah, I was watching this Sunday morning, they re-aired it last night, was going to start a thread, but it was so hodge-podge and random.

ESPN "SportsNation" has a poll where fans can rank their own views of this starting with QB, next will be RB, then WR, etc.....they call it the Ultimate Depth Chart.

The only ranking that I find bizzarre is Saints at #9! This is supposed to take in depth, not just starter....how are they #9?

Shamboubou said:
They just put Carolina at #4?? What the heck are they thinking. I dont think I would even have them in the top 10.

well put it this way carolina will be as good as anybody in the nfc and imo they will be better than dallas i think carolina will have a very good chance to rep the nfc come jan,.. :dolphins:

JetsFanInSec124 said:
I don't think you can ask for better then 12th right now.

Your QB situation is a huge question mark for the time being with Culpepper coming back from 3 major injuries and Harrington was never able to get it done in Detroit. I agree with what they mentioned though, Harrington will probably start the first 4-6 games so that they don't pull a Herm Edwards and throw in a QB whose only 70-80%.

As much as I don't want to agree with a Jets fan, he's got a point about where we are ranked. Culpepper, although he is looking good, is not 100%. He has not played since the injury, so we don't know how he will fare this season. Harrington is a solid backup, but no more reason to put us any higher than 12.

However, I don't agree that Culpepper won't be starting the first 4-6 games, I say 1-3. And I also don't agree with them putting the Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, or Rams ahead of us. Carson got injured in the playoffs and will come back late as well, plus they lost Kitna as their backup. And Marc Bulger is coming off a shoulder injury from last year, so we will have to see how he does. I think the rest are self-explanitory (Vick, Delholme, PLUMMER? - come on)

I think its pretty funny how all of a sudden Mark Schlerith is a doctor and can give us a time table on Culpepper's return. I know it was just minicamp, but anybody that can run around the way Daunte did is nothing short of a miracle and for his arm well we all know there is no concern there. Let everybody make there so called "predictions" and see what happens. Me personally, i was at that camp on that saturday of minicamp and the play where they were doing the 2 minute drill and the center snapped the ball over daunte's head, then Culpepper just having that natural competitiveness in him dove on the ball is if it were that opening night. Fans should be pumped and spit in the critics faces

DrewOldSchool said:
Well, lets see Joey Harrington throwing the ball against the Steeler's defense. Not ideal in my eyes. But he's a solid backup. I think we are fortunate that Pittsburgh has problems of their own w/ injuries.

:dolphins:

17/33 212yds 3 TDs 0 Ints 102.1 Passer Rating

This against the Steeler's D last game of the year. In Pitt. With the Lions' offense.

I'm not too worried...:wink:

azfinfanmang said:
And all this being said, I still think we will be just fine with Joey at the helm, in fact I would put MUCH more emphasis on the O-line than who is chuckin the rock.

Good point.

Shamboubou said:
Car has the depth and got the best QB in the draft last year IMO in Stephon LeFlors. If anyone has watched them play they would see that Weinke and Stephon is about the best 2 and 3 qb's in the NFL. I don't like DelHomme as much as them to be honest because he is like Feidler in the games they lose he just don't do it as often because it's not hard to throw screen passes to Smith.

G-Force said:
Car has the depth and got the best QB in the draft last year IMO in Stephon LeFlors. If anyone has watched them play they would see that Weinke and Stephon is about the best 2 and 3 qb's in the NFL. I don't like DelHomme as much as them to be honest because he is like Feidler in the games they lose he just don't do it as often because it's not hard to throw screen passes to Smith.

I couldn't disagree with that any more.

Weinke has thrown only 51 passes since his rookie year, and has a paltry 60.2 QB rating for his career........what team would feel comfortable with him if a starter goes down for the year?? And regardless of how much you like Lefors........he's just one big question mark, having never thrown an NFL pass.

As for Delhomme, he is one of the better QB's in the league, he doesn't wow you, but he is a great leader and competitor.......that's why they win with him, despite ever having a complete supporting cast on offense.

But as I said above, their depth is VERY questionable........much too questionable to put them 4th in the league.

burger13 said:
I couldn't disagree with that any more.

Weinke has thrown only 51 passes since his rookie year, and has a paltry 60.2 QB rating for his career........what team would feel comfortable with him if a starter goes down for the year?? And regardless of how much you like Lefors........he's just one big question mark, having never thrown an NFL pass.

As for Delhomme, he is one of the better QB's in the league, he doesn't wow you, but he is a great leader and competitor.......that's why they win with him, despite ever having a complete supporting cast on offense.

But as I said above, their depth is VERY questionable........much too questionable to put them 4th in the league.
No supporting cast? A great D every year and 2 quality backs every year, Moose and Smith and excellent o-line with maybe the best special teams. Sorry man but you seem to be the one way off. I go watch them once a year and get every preseason game so I do know a little about them. If they need to put in Weinke or LeFlors then you will see they will still compete att the same level.

I know that Carolina as a team is a strong team, but no way would I put them in the top 5 at QB position. You also cant really say they are talking about depth because the freaking Colts were above them and I dont really even know who their backup is, I think Sorgi last I had heard.

Shamboubou said:
I know that Carolina as a team is a strong team, but no way would I put them in the top 5 at QB position. You also cant really say they are talking about depth because the freaking Colts were above them and I dont really even know who their backup is, I think Sorgi last I had heard.
Their rankings really mean nothing to me. It is a crapshoot after you evaluate the starters because most people have no clue what any back-up can do on a regular bases. I beleive they go by how a team is capable of adapting if the starters go down which wouldn't have much to do with the QB's anyway. Who knows?

G-Force said:
No supporting cast? A great D every year and 2 quality backs every year, Moose and Smith and excellent o-line with maybe the best special teams. Sorry man but you seem to be the one way off. I go watch them once a year and get every preseason game so I do know a little about them. If they need to put in Weinke or LeFlors then you will see they will still compete att the same level.

I said "complete supporting cast on offense".....which is VERY true. Wasn't talking about Defense or Special Teams, which I agree are very good.

Those one or two backs you speak of are always injured.

They also only seem to ever have 1 healthy receiver (Muhamed in '04, Smith in '05....even Colbert played hurt all last year).

And they haven't had an effective TE since Wesley Walls.

As for their backups performing at the same level...........you are being very presumptuous about a player who performed badly when he had the chance, and a player who's never had the chance, based solely off of pre-season. and or college performance.

burger13 said:
I said "complete supporting cast on offense".....which is VERY true. Wasn't talking about Defense or Special Teams, which I agree are very good.

Those one or two backs you speak of are always injured.

They also only seem to ever have 1 healthy receiver (Muhamed in '04, Smith in '05....even Colbert played hurt all last year).

And they haven't had an effective TE since Wesley Walls.

As for their backups performing at the same level...........you are being very presumptuous about a player who performed badly when he had the chance, and a player who's never had the chance, based solely off of pre-season. and or college performance.
Mangum is underrated IMO at the TE. He makes the catches when thrown to and is an excellent blocker. With the dink and dunk they do with Smith now he doesn't get showcased enough but if you watch them he is a beast blocking downfeild for Smith and the RB's. I just have to disagree bud. As I stated in the last post I don't think anyone can give a fair evaluation of back-ups so who can say who is wrong on that?

Back
Top Bottom