Anyone worried about Tebow and the wildcat? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone worried about Tebow and the wildcat?

especially because our defense practiced against the wildcat for 2 years
Sparano knows this so I would think he'd have a lot of new wrinkles in it. I heard Tebow was running routes and catching the ball in warmups before the Steelers game...I'm guessing we see it all this week, every little wildcat play.

I think it's a legitimate concern.

Is it possible that a 1st time DC doesn't properly prepare his team for a Tebow package? I don't think it will happen. I've been extremely impressed with our D, but I don't think it'd be the weirdest thing to happen so far this season.

Urghhh so much over-confidence on this board it's embarrassing.

You absolutely have to be at least a bit concerned about the wildcat, it's an X factor. And you can guarantee Sparano will want to unveil a few wrinkles this week like when we torched the Pats with it.

Considering how few snaps Tebow is getting under center, not particularly.

I am not worried at all about the Wildcrap. It doesnt work. This is basically the same front 7 that practiced against it. Its a POS offense that doesnt work. Im not worried about it.

Especially since our run D hasn't allowed a team to rush over 100 yards in 16 games.

AND our players are very familiar with Sporano's Wildcat on both sides of the ball. There should be no team in the NFL more ready to defend the Wildcat. I think if Sporano tries to use it in any significant way, it will be major flop for him.

Urghhh so much over-confidence on this board it's embarrassing.

You absolutely have to be at least a bit concerned about the wildcat, it's an X factor. And you can guarantee Sparano will want to unveil a few wrinkles this week like when we torched the Pats with it.

When we torched the Pats with it, NO ONE had ever seen it. It was TOTAL surprise. That was 3 years ago. Our guys have used it better than anyone in the league. Our defense knows how to defend it. There are limits to how many wrinkles you can put into it. I'm not worried about it at all. In fact, I hope he tries to run it the whole ****ing game. IMHO, that will mean death to the Jets, handing us the win. Thx, Tony!!!

I just hope this isnt a dustin keller masacare as per usual... those games suck ..if our secondary can stop getting gashed by TEs we might be able to pull this off..

the other te cumberland can make plays also...but i'll get into this matchup later

Especially since our run D hasn't allowed a team to rush over 100 yards in 16 games.

People should remember our DLine saw & practiced with the Wildcat a few years. It's always possible that we don't execute but we should be ready.

I just hope our secondary doesn't bite on fake runs out of it.

I'm mostly worried about the Jets defense playing our receivers with a lot tighter spacing, forcing them to make more plays. That play Hartline made where he caught the back shoulder on the first drive, he may have to do that more often.

On the other side of the ball the thing that worries me is that Mark Sanchez can make plays down the field when he's facing aggressive blitzes, and if he's not facing aggressive blitzes then there's a chance we end up just giving him all day in the pocket. Our corners are not particularly well known for being great with the ball in the air, and Stephen Hill on the other hand is really good with the ball in the air. I can imagine Sanchez making a big play or two to Hill off the blitz, over top of Richard Marshall. When the Dolphins back off and stop blitzing, that's when you could see some underneath stuff to Dustin Keller or Joe McKnight. They haven't unleashed McKnight on anyone this year yet but I can imagine the Jets mixing him in and having him catch passes against our linebackers.

As long as our defensive line continues to show zero awareness, we will be vulnerable to screens.

koa misis another one that i think has shown to be susceptible to screens...saw a few instances where he took false positioning steps against the raiders...might just be part of the learning curve though...sifts through trash to the ball pretty well though

Back
Top Bottom