Anyone worried about Tebow and the wildcat? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone worried about Tebow and the wildcat?

This is the week we need to step it up. You can say oh yea the jets are over rated or Tim tebow sucks and so does mark sanchez... This is a rivalry game and anything can happen. We need to win this game. I am not worried about our defense. But I want RT to get 3 passing TD's. If he can do this than we will win this game.

I'm mostly worried about the Jets defense playing our receivers with a lot tighter spacing, forcing them to make more plays. That play Hartline made where he caught the back shoulder on the first drive, he may have to do that more often.

On the other side of the ball the thing that worries me is that Mark Sanchez can make plays down the field when he's facing aggressive blitzes, and if he's not facing aggressive blitzes then there's a chance we end up just giving him all day in the pocket. Our corners are not particularly well known for being great with the ball in the air, and Stephen Hill on the other hand is really good with the ball in the air. I can imagine Sanchez making a big play or two to Hill off the blitz, over top of Richard Marshall. When the Dolphins back off and stop blitzing, that's when you could see some underneath stuff to Dustin Keller or Joe McKnight. They haven't unleashed McKnight on anyone this year yet but I can imagine the Jets mixing him in and having him catch passes against our linebackers.

As long as our defensive line continues to show zero awareness, we will be vulnerable to screens.

Appears I was right about Joe McKnight taking a bigger role against the Dolphins this week:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/09/rex_ryan_expects_joe_mcknight.html#incart_river

Joe McKnight was seen only once in Pittsburgh. The running back took just one snap, though it did happen to be a 12-yard run.

Rex Ryan said that McKnight was "nicked;" he has been bothered by a hamstring injury to start the season. However, Ryan also said to expect more from him this weekend against the Dolphins. He expects McKnight to play a bigger role, though just how much he would not say.

Hell yeah I'm worried. Went to FSU, and all of my teams (Seminoles + Dolphins) are 0-5 against Tebow. I'm going to the game so hopefully one of my teams can FINALLY beat this guy. It has been killing me!

joe mcknight stinks...or at least he has thru the end of last year...at least as a ball carrier...

It's not as a ball carrier we need to worry about him. It's in catching passes out of the backfield.

Division games are so unpredictable.
If Miami gets a lead early, I expect to see a good amount of Wildcat from Sparano.
If Miami is playing from behind, maybe Sparano will hold off and save his "surprises" for the pats.

To me, I know the Dolphins can out-execute a team that can't really execute. But can they beat a team that executes well, just with their talent? That's kind of how I've got the question constructed in my mind right now, rightly or wrongly.

Not if they blitz the hell out of him and force him to throw. That doesn't mean leave everyone out on an island like Pitt did last year but Tebow sucks. Send pressure and get him rattled. Drop into coverage and watch him scramble around.

i hate the jets... i know its off topic but every time you guys post a thread on the jets it makes my stomach feel horrible and gives me the feeling of barfing..true story i promise lol

The Tebow stuff wont be the reason we win or lose. It better not be...

our run d is good enough to the point where that doesnt worry me. Not to mention, some key players on our d have probably seen the look the most (practices and such the last few years)

Especially since our run D hasn't allowed a team to rush over 100 yards in 16 games.

Well to me it's because we pretty much brought the wildcat into the NFL. Could you imagine losing with a Wildcat TD just like Ronnie Brown did to the Jets on Chad Henne's debut? No thanksssssssssssssss.. I think I'll cry to sleep if that happens LOL. Especially if it's Tebow.

Back
Top Bottom