AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins

Rdskn4lyf21

Hail to the Redskins
Reaction score
Cooper City, FL & Section 432 (FedEx Field)
I saw this on NFL.com and thought you guys would enjoy the read:

Click link for entire article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809eff01&template=with-video&confirm=true

DAVIE, Fla. -- Chad Pennington worked overtime in his first practice with the Miami Dolphins.

After a workout that lasted almost two hours, Pennington remained inside the team's practice bubble for about 20 extra minutes to work on routes with tight ends and wide receivers.

Pennington, cut by the New York Jets to make room for Brett Favre last week, began playing catch-up with his new team Monday.

As Dolphins coach Tony Sparano hinted before practice, Pennington got the bulk of the work in 11-on-11 drills. He took 28 of the 54 snaps, with rookie Chad Henne getting 21. Veteran Josh McCown and second-year quarterback John Beck split the rest.

"Did we even practice?" Pennington joked afterward. "It went by real fast. It was like a blur. I remember when I was a rookie and everything is just a blur. It wasn't a blur from the defensive side because I could actually see what was going on defensively, but just trying to recall the information and my responsibilities as quarterback with each play, it went by pretty fast."

I saw this on NFL.com and thought you guys would enjoy the read:

Click link for entire article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809eff01&template=with-video&confirm=true

DAVIE, Fla. -- Chad Pennington worked overtime in his first practice with the Miami Dolphins.

After a workout that lasted almost two hours, Pennington remained inside the team's practice bubble for about 20 extra minutes to work on routes with tight ends and wide receivers.

Pennington, cut by the New York Jets to make room for Brett Favre last week, began playing catch-up with his new team Monday.

As Dolphins coach Tony Sparano hinted before practice, Pennington got the bulk of the work in 11-on-11 drills. He took 28 of the 54 snaps, with rookie Chad Henne getting 21. Veteran Josh McCown and second-year quarterback John Beck split the rest.

"Did we even practice?" Pennington joked afterward. "It went by real fast. It was like a blur. I remember when I was a rookie and everything is just a blur. It wasn't a blur from the defensive side because I could actually see what was going on defensively, but just trying to recall the information and my responsibilities as quarterback with each play, it went by pretty fast."

So McCown and Beck split 5 snaps? Could there be a stronger indication that they are on their way out? :lol:

5 snaps, wow, they know they suck. We'd be better off cutting both of them and seeing what Testaverde or Bledsoe are up to these days for a backup.

Awesome stuff, love how he is connecting with the players and some of you tought Beck or McCown should start the season. I think you guys would stopped being Dol-fans if either of those two started.

So how do those 7 yard floaters look? I still cant believe he is a Dolphin, especially after getting into arguments here when you guys hated on him. lol.

Beck got 1 snap and McCown got 4

Beck was 1-1

McCown was 1-3

They might just try to stick with Beck and develope him into a backup and let McCown go.

LOL

I am a Beck supporter, but that is funny lol.... Kudos bro.

Funny cause it's true

Im just havin some fun. I honestly dont care what Beck and McCown did in practice. They both suck IMO. Even if the Phins keep Beck, he wont see the field unless we get hit hard with injuries at the qb position. Parcells likes vets, so I have to think if McCown and Beck are equal pieces of poo, he will keep Josh McPoo. That, and hes paying him 3 million. That thread where people think we can trade John Beck and a late round pick for Greg Ellis clearly shows a bias going the other way for Beck. I mean, would you want the Phins to trade an aging pass rusher who still can play for a qb that has been brutal since he got in the NFL. I just dont get it sometimes.

I've always dislike Pennington due to the fact that he played for the Jets, but the more I read about him since he was trated, the more I like him. He is taking charge and getting players respect. Thats what vetern leadership is all about. What an advantage for Henne to learn under Pennington...this trade is looking to be a great move after all.

I've always dislike Pennington due to the fact that he played for the Jets, but the more I read about him since he was trated, the more I like him. He is taking charge and getting players respect. Thats what vetern leadership is all about. What an advantage for Henne to learn under Pennington...this trade is looking to be a great move after all.

I agree I like the Pennington addition but just to clarify, we didn't trade for him he was a free agent and we signed him.

CP was cut by the Jets.

Please. What you didnt and everyone didnt like about Chad was his arm, and that wont change.

Lets own up to it people.

Me personally, really liked Pennington, always have. I respect his smarts, maybe the smartest QB in the NFL. He has the fewest tools of any QB in the NFL, but he is one of the smartest.

Back
Top Bottom