AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins

I really like the part where Smiley talks about the way he breaks the huddle.

Glad to hear.I really think the Pennington signing was a good one and will help the rebuilding process be a little less painful.

Please. What you didnt and everyone didnt like about Chad was his arm, and that wont change.

Lets own up to it people.

Me personally, really liked Pennington, always have. I respect his smarts, maybe the smartest QB in the NFL. He has the fewest tools of any QB in the NFL, but he is one of the smartest.

This is his third year back after the shoulder surgeries and everyone i saying his velocity is much better. I believe even Cotchery said he had more zip on the ball. Its said it may take a couple years before a shoulder get back to some normalcy after a surgery but two surgeries, I am surprised he is still an NFL QB, hope its true about his arm.

Please. What you didnt and everyone didnt like about Chad was his arm, and that wont change.

Me personally, really liked Pennington, always have. I respect his smarts, maybe the smartest QB in the NFL. He has the fewest tools of any QB in the NFL, but he is one of the smartest.

True, but the guy wins ball games. For the first time since Marino retired, we now have a bonafide starting caliber NFL QB.

I love the part that they leave out about him throwing 2 int's in practice one of those being a pick six in the endzone. I understand that its his first day of practice but the guy didn't look any better than Henne and they are acting like he's going to save us his year. I personally and rooting for Henne to really push for the starting position. Take his lumps this year just like Peyton did his first year and learn from it. We are rebuilding might as well get him some experience and not worry about our record this year, just get these young guys some experience under their belts and next year we will be much better and the year after that maybe even contenders.

I love the part that they leave out about him throwing 2 int's in practice one of those being a pick six in the endzone. I understand that its his first day of practice but the guy didn't look any better than Henne and they are acting like he's going to save us his year. I personally and rooting for Henne to really push for the starting position. Take his lumps this year just like Peyton did his first year and learn from it. We are rebuilding might as well get him some experience and not worry about our record this year, just get these young guys some experience under their belts and next year we will be much better and the year after that maybe even contenders.

How would guys like Vonnie Holliday and Jason Ferguson feel about that? I don't think we gain anything by playing Henne too early. Let him sit and learn from a class professional. Henne is the real winner here. He knows that he's being groomed to be the Qb of the future, so there's no need to rush things. This team lost six games by three points or less, who knows if Pennington adds two or three wins in those close games this year.

I disagree...the main reason to dislike Pennington when he was a JET was due the fact he beat the Phins repeatedly year after year. I disliked him since he was good and smart to always find a way to beat us. You want a QB like that on your team. Shows his ability to play the game and the desire to win.

I read this article, and my first reaction was "I sure as hell hope so". I mean, our veteran leadership presence on the team prior to Pennington coming in board was Josh McCown. All noodle arm jokes aside, we've got a guy running the offense now that's lead teams to the playoffs and is the most accurate QB in NFL history. He damn well better come in and be an instant improvement.

Chad Pennington will be the best QB the Dolphins have had in years. Thank you, Brett Favre; your egotistical move from retirement landed Chad in Miami!

At first I didn't like the fact we got Chad, but once I got over the fact he was a Jet for so long, I started to realize that this is a great stop gap move.

We as dolphins lose nothing over this, even if Chad does suck, what have we lost, a few extra games so we win 4 instead of 7 or whatever our record will be. The reason I like the move most is that he will be able to mentor our future in Henne. That's what I am hoping for at least.

As long as we beat the Jets week 1, it will all be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom